What was your favorite ADLA show?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

pichick86

Post by pichick86 » Mon May 10, 2004 5:20 pm

Well other than yours (of course, since it's yours) which one really stuck out to you?

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardboi » Mon May 10, 2004 5:59 pm

o ya!! thanx! now that makes a lot of sense!! lol. Ya and i live in Westminster too and i did NOT know there was a la quinta high school.. crazy! (but i go to huntington beach high school) :D

punkmehard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by punkmehard » Mon May 10, 2004 9:58 pm

d-owney

:)
Troy Highschool Battery Lieutenant '03-'04

BASS ONE!!! represent

werd to the drumline.
:):)

ChaoSnare
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChaoSnare » Tue May 11, 2004 7:44 am

I wanted to see Otay Ranch's show again! lol, the first time I saw them was at night when they were doing run-throughs..... :shock: major cool. I also wanted to see the Thriller show since *sniff* I haven't been able to the past times. Alas...I missed it...grrr.

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:25 pm

I liked a couple of shows: Downey, Riverside Poly, Hawthorn and then drumline that did Dream Theater, sorry cant think of what shcool it was, but they were cool.
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue May 11, 2004 10:31 pm

xxiwantubabexx wrote:o ya!! thanx! now that makes a lot of sense!! lol. Ya and i live in Westminster too and i did NOT know there was a la quinta high school.. crazy! (but i go to huntington beach high school) :D
lol go LQ Aztecs (westminster) your baseball team ROCKS!!! weren't u guys number 1 in the nation last year?! I saw your drumline warm up in the lot, very nice. Us Westminster City Lines got to represent eh? :wink:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

Shota871
Rookie
Rookie

Hbhs!!!!!

Post by Shota871 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:26 am

Lots of great shows, but my very favorite was Huntington Beach High School's drumline show on Cirque de Soliel (?). Sure schools like Hawthorne, San Marcos and El Modena awed us with such talent, but I still enjoyed HBHS's extravagent display of music and choreography. I was thinking this show GOTTA be aired on a Huntington Beach local channel or something. It looked so professional with all those fully dressed musicians, multi-colored dancers and acrobats, a pair of female singers to add effect to the music; I was so awed by such color and greatness. The musical atmosphere really submerged me into it. The entire audience really loved the show too and roared and screamed with such delight during and after the performance.

I have to say to all Oilers, THIS IS the greatest indoor show I have ever seen. Not just physically, but beyond that level. A huge tonnage of K U D O S for all members who participated on making this amazing show. I truly enjoyed it at the most. Hope a show like that will be permanently stored for a lifetime.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

North High School Saxon Regiment ('00~'02)
North High School Drum Line ('00~'02)
North High School #10 Tin Can Band ('01~'02)
El Camino College Varsity Band ('03~'05)
USC Trojan Marching Band ('03~'06)

Veria
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Veria » Thu May 13, 2004 4:10 pm

WhSDrUmBuM wrote:lol go LQ Aztecs (westminster) your baseball team ROCKS!!! weren't u guys number 1 in the nation last year?! I saw your drumline warm up in the lot, very nice. Us Westminster City Lines got to represent eh? :wink:
I think we were like, # 2 or 3 in the nation last year, but we were 1st in California and 1st in our division lol ya, we're pretty proud of our team lol our good baseball team makes up for our lack of excellence in football... lol
Incognito Drum Line 2006 - 2007
Incognito Drum Line 2007 - 2008
Incognito Drum and Bugle Corps - 2008

punk

Sultana High School

Post by punk » Fri May 14, 2004 6:12 pm

DID ANYONE SEE SULTANAS SHOW AT THE A.B. MILLER COMP. THEY WERE COOKIN

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Fri May 14, 2004 9:22 pm

what were they cookin? :wink:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

PrideofOklahoma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by PrideofOklahoma » Fri May 14, 2004 10:13 pm

Hawthorne had a great show. I always admired their chops and they have a great tenor line! Unfortunately, I did not get to see Saddleback this year, but I'm sure they did well too. El Modena's show was very unique and I liked their hype for 'purple' 8-). I also want to give props for all the scholastic A lines that we competed against. A lot of your shows had great concepts!

I would love to see Rubidoux and Thousand Oaks(they're my two favorite lines)... but unfortunately they left the circuit and I didn't have the chance to see them live this year.

PercussionAndAllThatJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PercussionAndAllThatJazz » Sun May 16, 2004 11:37 am

Wow, Shota, I'm honored! Thank you so much! I must credit the mommies with their hard work on the costuming (they did it all themselves, save the dancers unitards), and Mr. Gilboe and Mrs. Diane Weber for our music/drill and choreography, respectively (and Mr. Tom Kellis who is responsible for the tenor and snare features). Thanks! And I'm SO very glad and proud that we provided so much entertainment for everyone who liked the show. :D
-Resa-
Impulse DM 2006

drummermom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummermom » Mon May 17, 2004 1:19 am

PercussionAndAllThatJazz wrote:Wow, Shota, I'm honored! Thank you so much! I must credit the mommies with their hard work on the costuming (they did it all themselves, save the dancers unitards)....
OMG, the MOMS did all those costumes? Wow, give them all a huge pat on the back from me...those were just amazing. All of a sudden, tie-dying a zillion shirts and backdrops doesn't seem like a lot of work.

Really creative and gorgeous. I hope you guys put your show on for the school so they can appreciate the talent and hard work.

~drummermom

drummermom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummermom » Mon May 17, 2004 1:20 am

PercussionAndAllThatJazz wrote:Wow, Shota, I'm honored! Thank you so much! I must credit the mommies with their hard work on the costuming (they did it all themselves, save the dancers unitards)....
OMG, the MOMS did all those costumes? Wow, give them all a huge pat on the back from me...those were just amazing. All of a sudden, tie-dying a zillion shirts and backdrops doesn't seem like a lot of work.

Really creative and gorgeous. I hope you guys put your show on for the school so they can appreciate the talent and hard work.

~drummermom

drummermom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummermom » Mon May 17, 2004 1:21 am

~drummermom