Drum captains- what are some qualities you must have?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Noh

Drum captains- what are some qualities you must have?

Post by Noh » Fri May 07, 2004 2:00 pm

Hey guys and gals!!

So Drum captains get alot of crap, or is it just me? Especially being a girl and all...what do you think of your drum captain? I just need some advice for my line so I don't murder any of my guys before champs...or marching season for that matter.........

Thanx!!
Niki

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Fri May 07, 2004 5:01 pm

our drum captian Glen is awesome... No one hates him on the line... he treats everyone with respect even when we dont treat him with the same respect. Hes a really good captain and its a priveledge to march with such a great dude.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

clargirl05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by clargirl05 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:05 pm

yeah glen is kool, the ones at mine, joseph n giao r pretty good, some people just aren't dedicated enough to follow orders and stuff.

blah

captaincy

Post by blah » Mon May 10, 2004 12:14 am

i think the major thing about being captain is respect. have respect for your team, because they will think higher of you for being the better person. its also about how approachable you are, because leaving yourself to be a mystery will make people start to doubt you and the things you say. just be friendly and open with everyone, but at the same time dont give in to them when you are trying to do wut needs to be done.