what would u do if some one said u or yur drumline sucked?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

what would u do if some one said u or yur drumline sucked?

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:20 pm

I for one would kick their *&$ till it looked as ugly as their face. What would u guyz do?
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2003 - 4th bass (El Dorado)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Hail to the Mighty Troj"
"Do it for the Troj"

bass1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bass1 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:35 pm

nice...very mature of you
bass 1

DanielE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DanielE » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:20 pm

You might want to edit that....

I'd just ignore them...I mean, I'm sure their sport is less meaningful...
Chino Hills High School Percussion Ensemble

Tenor:03-05

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shorts » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:24 pm

Dumb. It doesn't really matter what other people think of your drumline. I'm sure there are drumlines that you think totally suck, so why can't people think your drumline sucks? "Because we don't." Yeah well, that's your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to theirs.
Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and boys had cooties.

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:13 pm

In my opinion, if somebody said my drumline sucked then they dont know crap about drumming because my drumline is hella good. 3 of the people on my line march corp. Our top snare marched esperanza last year when they took the world championship then the other snare marches SD Alliance along with our tenor. We also took percussion sweeps this year so I dont think anybody would be talkin cause they be too busy gawkin at our proness :)

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:48 am

yah, weve gotten that... but instead of going online and complaining about it :compute: i just get to a pad and some sticks to make sure that we are gonna beat em on the floor. Actions speak louder than words :jedi:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

Miss A
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Miss A » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:41 pm

Out play them! :evil:

They can't say anything if you can thro' down! :drums:
Biscuit !!!!!!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:47 pm

I would take their background into consideration, and if the comment was valid then I would work the line harder.
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

weezer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by weezer » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:56 pm

Waterhead wrote:In my opinion, if somebody said my drumline sucked then they dont know crap about drumming because my drumline is hella good. 3 of the people on my line march corp. Our top snare marched esperanza last year when they took the world championship then the other snare marches SD Alliance along with our tenor. We also took percussion sweeps this year so I dont think anybody would be talkin cause they be too busy gawkin at our proness :)
gawking at your "proness"?

you better watch yourself. Self praise like that won't get you anywhere.
So this dyslexic guy walks into a bra...

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:17 pm

It shouldn't matter unless it came from a professionals view but they wouldn't use the word suck to describe a line. Why concern yourself with what other people think though?
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:23 pm

WhSDrUmBuM wrote:yah, weve gotten that... but instead of going online and complaining about it :compute: i just get to a pad and some sticks to make sure that we are gonna beat em on the floor. Actions speak louder than words :jedi:
It didnt happen to me it happened to a buddy of mine and he did nothing. I guess thats smart but, all that hard work goes into your drumline and some one would say that? Wouldn't that anger you? I'm just curious dude.
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2003 - 4th bass (El Dorado)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Hail to the Mighty Troj"
"Do it for the Troj"

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:07 pm

sorry for the immature post but If somebody said that to me I would prob just ignore them too because obviously that person isn't worth my time when I could be warming up or gettin my line together.

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:26 pm

I would have to say to them, Ok my line sucks fine that is what you think. Every line has there days when they kick A$$ or when the Suck A$$. It just depends on how you take what is given to you. Do you take what your insturctors give you or do u just say "well I know how to do that". I like to say to anyone that says my line sucks or I suck. Thanx for the complement now I know I need to work to make you aprove of my line. I also take it as a way of saying if i want my line to be the best eveyone needs to think it is the best so I will keep working untill I get eveyones aprovle that wow Blank and Blank are the best lines out there.....

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

well

Post by curios0811 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:18 pm

if people who dont know anything about drumline start talking trash, anyone can bust them out with something really simple. now drumline against drumline, thats a different story. i think people should support each other, even though it is a sport and your suppose to compete against each other. you should back each other up. if a line needs bad work because their at the bottom of the barrel then to bad for them, you dont have to tell them. now if your the bomb and your in the highest division and you win everything, than good for you. im sure everyone will say how much they like their lines. dumlines against dumlines and smack talking should not even take place to begin with. you never know if your gonna march with that person in drum corp in the future years. or even work with them as a staff member in the future. make some freinds.

playclean1

Post by playclean1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:59 pm

(curios0811 SAYS dumlines against dumlines and smack talking should not even take place to begin with. )

Sticks and Stones,,,Get over it,,,, It is just talk,,,,,next your going to want positive comments only,

without trash talk there would be no need for comedy, Jay Leno and Letterman will have nothing to say and Charles Barkley would be out of a JOB !!!

next your gonna want to get rid of the pirates at disney becouse they have long hair.

go ahead TMR tenor,, lock me up agian.

al peralta