drumline rudness

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

RobertJ

drumline rudness

Post by RobertJ » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:48 pm

it was my drumline's first time doing ADLA and at saddleback, not too long ago, it seemed like many of the drumlines were being big jerks. almost everytime we said goodluck or congradulated a line, they were a$$es to us. and we were the only line that stood when 1st place was called.why is that?
Last edited by RobertJ on Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:55 pm

lol... Drumline competetions are different than marching band comps homie. You dont have to "stand for first place" to show respect or be called to attention. Thats how it works, and many ppl are fine with it. This is your first year doing indoor but dont worry you'll get the hang of it soon enough. And about the drumlines acting like Asses... look at it this way... You wake up early, go to school, drum, load the truck and bus, drum on the bus, get of the bus, drum in the lot, and then hit the floor in compeition... so your dead tired and would think any compliment is BS... (trust me i do somtimes too) But dont trip dude, just worry about your own gig and comps could be really fun, specially ADLA. Its just with the competitive atmostphere it gets drummers kinda excited and paranoid... :lol:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

tenorCowboy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tenorCowboy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:52 pm

yeah at indoor drumline comps alot of lines are better but you dont let them know that lol!!!! we are all there for a good portion of time and we are tired and thinking of Significant others, Drum Corps and our show so this is your time to hang and play!!! good luck at your next comp and hope to see you there!

well said there other Center Quad @ Westminster High School :cheers:
Eric Wilson

Its Alright to be a Redneck!!!

She Thinks My Tractors SEXY!!!

Us Tenor players are the best were Sexy and our Solos Kick ass!!!!!

Tenors @ Westminster High School

So called-
Caption Head Stacey Jr. high school

tenorCowboy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tenorCowboy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:57 pm

oh and if i were you i would change the name of the topic because Saddleback might get the wrong impression you know what i mean? if it was them or any other line mention them in your post not the topic "just Advice" !!!!!

We dont want this :jedi: between drumlines LMAO
Eric Wilson

Its Alright to be a Redneck!!!

She Thinks My Tractors SEXY!!!

Us Tenor players are the best were Sexy and our Solos Kick ass!!!!!

Tenors @ Westminster High School

So called-
Caption Head Stacey Jr. high school

punkmehard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by punkmehard » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:57 pm

WhSDrUmBuM wrote:lol... Drumline competetions are different than marching band comps homie. You dont have to "stand for first place" to show respect or be called to attention. Thats how it works, and many ppl are fine with it. This is your first year doing indoor but dont worry you'll get the hang of it soon enough. And about the drumlines acting like Asses... look at it this way... You wake up early, go to school, drum, load the truck and bus, drum on the bus, get of the bus, drum in the lot, and then hit the floor in compeition... so your dead tired and would think any compliment is BS... (trust me i do somtimes too) But dont trip dude, just worry about your own gig and comps could be really fun, specially ADLA. Its just with the competitive atmostphere it gets drummers kinda excited and paranoid... :lol:

yeah man..this kid basically has it down...
plus usually, befor eyou go on stage, or right after, you're in a rush. so you cant really say anything.

i feel bad when i walk by people with me friends, and others say good luck to my friends..and they dont say anything back. pssh.

ha. well, i guess thats how it goes. i try to be nice though.

:)
Troy Highschool Battery Lieutenant '03-'04

BASS ONE!!! represent

werd to the drumline.
:):)