Nicknames?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:37 pm

Hmm I need a nickname. I guess Quint Kid will do. My math teacher calls me Obie (cuz O and B are the first two letters of my last name)

SDAsnareplayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

This is a lil weird

Post by SDAsnareplayer » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:57 pm

OK, everyone in my line has a name ending with the sound "ie" Cody,puppy,mikey,hippy,ducky,ronie,alby,teddy,bobby, and were commin up with names for the rest of the line. We didnt plan it that way... it just happened. And sometimes we all just get called "dirt bags" get it? lol

pichick86

Post by pichick86 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:52 pm

I think we all used to have nicknames last year but they didn't really stick cuz we changed our instructors (thank goodness). We got a new instructor that is a billion times better than the past one. His name is John Owens but we call him John Wisdom cuz he's one of the best drummers we've ever known. His wife Christine, who writes the drill and does all the visual stuff is pregnant so some of the drummers call her Buddah. For the most part though, if john can't remember any names he'll just say "you". nothin special. It's kinda hard to have nick names cuz you can't just make them up, they have to earn them for a reason

gamermanbc
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by gamermanbc » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:19 pm

this one guy on the line some call fish, then abagale, then pez. They say he looks like a fish. (???)

and my friend calls me band nerd. funny thing is, i actually answer to it! well, sometimes...
I M A BAND NERD!!!!!
SNARES RULE!!!!!
AND... um... uh.... YEAH! THATS RIGHT!

SkaBoneChick

Post by SkaBoneChick » Sun May 02, 2004 10:51 am

I'm on the Mission cg, so I don't know why I'm posting this, but there are a couple of weird nicknames on our drumline... There's this one cute little bass kid, whom they call "Bumper." I didn't find out his real name until like, a month ago... Then there's this good-looking cymbal guy, called "Bacon." I don't know how they got these strange names, but whatever.

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardboi » Tue May 11, 2004 1:38 pm

ya.. im the DUMB BLONDE!! :( lol crazy... fun.. HYPER

o and ya think being called "nickel" is bad.. people call me 25 cents! Cuz my 1st name is nichole and last is dines.. (Nickel and dimes) sad huh.. lol luckly my middle name is PENNY!

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardboi » Tue May 11, 2004 1:39 pm

ya.. im the DUMB BLONDE!! :( lol crazy... fun.. HYPER

o and ya think being called "nickel" is bad.. people call me 25 cents! Cuz my 1st name is nichole and last is dines.. (Nickel and dimes) sad huh.. lol luckly my middle name isnt PENNY!