The movie Drumline

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:49 pm

exactly, its all about the drumline baby. Jus the other day I was gettin made of in my world history class then somebody said hey have you ever seen that movie drumline to the person who was makin fun of me and he said ya then I said Hey Im in our drumline, I play the bass. Then right after that they jus shut up an stopped makin fun of me an then started dissin the horn line which I dont have a problem with. well I do but it's a lot better than them makin fun of me. So yea its all bout the drumline.

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:30 pm

My school is all about football and cheer leading, but our football team hasnt won a game in years, and our cheer leaders throw a hissy fit when they dont have some of their make up with them. The band are the winners in our school, yet we're still viewed as band geeks. Even the drum line. so there really is no peace for us, because we're all a bunch of white guys, and the preps and jocks always ask us about the movie drumline and if we ever do that stuff, then we just reply that the movie was the worst thing we'd ever seen.

ANYway.... this reply really had no point what-so-ever to it. except we still have no repect from people.
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd

lordjedediah
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by lordjedediah » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:00 pm

HEy i am a p1 and i challenge neone

QuiksilverDude17
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by QuiksilverDude17 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:18 pm

Spyder wrote:My school is all about football and cheer leading, but our football team hasnt won a game in years, and our cheer leaders throw a hissy fit when they dont have some of their make up with them. The band are the winners in our school, yet we're still viewed as band geeks. Even the drum line. so there really is no peace for us, because we're all a bunch of white guys, and the preps and jocks always ask us about the movie drumline and if we ever do that stuff, then we just reply that the movie was the worst thing we'd ever seen.

ANYway.... this reply really had no point what-so-ever to it. except we still have no repect from people.

I feel like I go to the same exact school as you...I can't count how many times i've been asked the question..."do you guys do what the the movie 'drumline' does?"...it gets kinda annoying...also...i cant realate about the football thing too...I think that sometime in the 80's our school made it to the playoffs...im not saying they came close to winning...but i have heard that they once made it...This year everybody is phyched(sp?) up about our FB team...cause' they've been doing so 'GREAT' ...we got 4 wins....out of 10? :x

thdrummer88

Post by thdrummer88 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:23 am

I think the movie is annoying, because every time our drumline walks by, everybody has to say "bust out drumline, like from the movie." Its just way to different from high school or core stye drumming

ChaoSnare
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChaoSnare » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:05 pm

urg....i hate it when ppl say, "o you're in drumline, can you do that thing from drumline..." what thing?! Do you want to demonstrate this "thing" you're talking about? Not only that they'll also bust out some random stuff and be all cool cuz you know, they can play with drumsticks... *cough*

FaSt_HaNd$

dl movie

Post by FaSt_HaNd$ » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:39 pm

All i know is that at the end, the line that looked and played cleaner, did more music than visuals, and was not the 'protagonist' drumline should've won. although the movie did all of a sudden make cool people out of 'band twinkies' i'd rather see a documentary style drumline movie, not nick cannon playing rolls inches above the drum head

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: dl movie

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:57 pm

FaSt_HaNd$ wrote: i'd rather see a documentary style drumline movie, not nick cannon playing rolls inches above the drum head
totally agree
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Re: dl movie

Post by Spyder » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:16 am

FaSt_HaNd$ wrote:i'd rather see a documentary style drumline movie, not nick cannon playing rolls inches above the drum head
I as well, agree on this.
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd