Drumlines-who is the best in high school

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

playclean1

Post by playclean1 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:33 pm

GO RUBIDOUX. Can not wait to see the 2004 line and how much all of my old friends have improved.

Wish I had a julie's special ,,mmmmmmm....mis that grease.

AL PERALTA

Coach
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Coach » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:00 pm

I agree with TEEVER, if you are getting you A!! handed to you that does not fall in the prerequisite criteria for being a great line. This is an all or none question. You are either pregnant or not. In my opinion, Etiwanda is on a thin line of being the best line in SCSBOA with Chino's line nipp'n them in the rear. Both groups have a couple of the activities finnest caption heads and band leadership. Besides many other factors and criteria the order of being a great line is: Musical always #1, Beats #2, and the lot dead last. It should be about the education of music first and everything will begin to fall in place. You don't teach a baby how to run before they learn how to walk.
Be the Best YOU can be,
Because YOU can!

rickyric
New Recruit
New Recruit

Agree

Post by rickyric » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:29 am

:lol: I agree that Etiwanda has just went over the edge in SCSBOA as the top corps. Their 6 point difference at Claremont Tournament shows they are truly the corps to watch. Their execution as a group and with the band is just flauless. Chino is good and it has always been a struggle between the two corps, but Etiwanda has the polished finess it takes to sweep the field everytime the enter the venue. :wink:

MattGagnier

?????????

Post by MattGagnier » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:47 am

Etiwanda is not a Corps! They are a Marching band!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

But thanks for the kind words.

Matt Gagnier
Etiwanda Perc. Staff

rickyric
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rickyric » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:27 pm

Okay! I stand corrected, but the drum squad does look like a corps in their performance. We are just talking Drums and not the band. Afterall, isn't it a corps style that everyone is trying to push to be like in High School Bands and Drum Squads?

BassSurfer

Best Drum line

Post by BassSurfer » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:43 pm

I play Bass 1 @ JWNH(Go Basses!!!)...I think all Drum Lines Are pretty good.

TracerBullet

Post by TracerBullet » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:50 pm

I think a great many people will be impressed with the Fountain Valley Drumline this year.

bass1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bass1 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:08 am

for the love of god stop praising yourselves
bass 1

playclean1

Post by playclean1 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:58 am

:lol:
bass1 you crack me up

rockinpito
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rockinpito » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:32 pm

i always thought the granada line was good. i mean a bass line that can do 32 runs!!! its so good its sickening!!! lol. u guys rock tho!! and yeah the hart line is good too. we may not have the most ppl on theline, but each person has god mad skills. we beat granada, who got an 89.9. we got a 91. that was pretty awesome. over all i think that all the lines are great. keep it up!

they_call_me_tuba_sam

Best Drumlin

Post by they_call_me_tuba_sam » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:26 pm

I think that by far Loara has one of the top drumlines around. They always take sweeps and beat out pretty much everyother division considering they are only in 4a. They only drumlines i see that are better then them dont even compete against them. :shock: 8-)
They call me tuba sam, but name isnt tuba sam, but they still call me tuba sam, ...often.

drummerfromtroy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Top drumlines

Post by drummerfromtroy » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:34 pm

i saw etiwanda at kennedy this year and they were very impressive! especially for early on in the year. their four tenors did a great job and the whole line seemed to play lots of unique and cool parts, and played it all pretty clean. i was kinda disappointed though that i wasn't able to watch them in the parking lot. but etiwanda does an awesome job i think! keep it up!

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:12 pm

I might just be me, but I really like Helix's drumline. I dunno if anyone said that already or not, but yeah, Oceanside's great but I feel wrong talking about my own band/drumline... but I got to see Helix's show from the front at a comp and I was just diggin their drumline. Very nice!
OHS '01 - '05

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GuarDiva04 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:22 pm

I prefer NON high school drumlines like RCC but ya know... since this post is about HIGH SCHOOL drumlines... I go with Fairfield... you may say Im biased But i just know talent when I see it... and Im not exempting any other great drumlines I just know Fairfield puts their heart and soul into every single thing they do!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

clarinetcutieB12
New Recruit
New Recruit

Kinda off-topic

Post by clarinetcutieB12 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:42 am

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see many of the lines in my circuit this year. And, being a first-year percussionist, I haven't gotten a chance to really see much of anything yet.

Anyway, just wanted to give props to chickinthebattery's Line!!!! You guys were dead on last night, despite the rain and the front-side sludge you had to march in during the drum feature.

Go percussion! *lame huzzah! follows*
~clarinetcutieB12~