Drumlines-who is the best in high school

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Saxson AKA SecondGsnare

Post by Saxson AKA SecondGsnare » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:10 pm

i guess im kinda biased but our drumline is really good at san clemente. And we did win sweepstakes percussion at the irvine show

Vermin87
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clovis West

Post by Vermin87 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:28 pm

I think my drumline made a very well-deserved win in drums this past weekend against Logan, Beyer, and Lynbrook. Still a lota cleaning to do, but we're definately on the path to victory at WBA.
Verent Chan
~Clovis West Drumline Section Leader '03-'05~

banddork04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by banddork04 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:33 pm

I think the only way to say who is the best is to go strictly by this years scores So I would have to say Etiwanda has the best percussion (drumline and pyt).

HHSMarimba

Post by HHSMarimba » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:57 pm

I dont know about the BEST drumline, but i have to give props to saddleback. i saw their show last spring and my eyes were wide open the whole time. i especially enjoyed their bassline.

Alwayslonely17

Post by Alwayslonely17 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:57 pm

WhOOOoooo Chino Drumline i LOVE YOU! =) :D

-me

Loarasnare

Post by Loarasnare » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:17 pm

Winston Churchill HS
Loara snareline
Join SCPA for winter season!

TOP BASS FROM THE THORNE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by TOP BASS FROM THE THORNE » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:13 pm

i think saddleback had a the dopest bassline !!!!! their line is hella tight!!!!!

MVDrumer

best drumlines

Post by MVDrumer » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:52 pm

id have to say RB's got the tightest bassline of many of the high school dl's ive seen.

fritoflaker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by fritoflaker » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm

Hmm. You have to wonder why people even respond to this...because most people write their own school. However, I look at the last reply...by MVDrummer...and wish I could figure out who it is...since I am his/her captain....Hmm. Ye with little faith. I don't know if our line is one of the best around....yet....but I'm definitely proud of my boys! Congrats...and good luck at Ramona!!
Marissa
Murrieta Valley Crimson Cadets
Percussion Captain

Cheeseater

Disapointed

Post by Cheeseater » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:30 pm

I must say.. Some people on here classify a drumline as being good just because they can play loud! Someone said that they should put Mt. Carmel's snare line RB's bass line and RBV's tenor line together and that would be a great drumline... Well I may be the only one that thinks this (I doubt I am) but I saw Mt. Carmel warm up At Scripps last saturday.. I was not impressed. Granted I do hear that they are the hardest working line around and will be pretty decent come arcadia time, but all they do is play loud.. I liked their music but I just dont think they play clean at all. When you classify a drumline as good or not, I think you should put more factors into it like control, dynamics, touch, cleanliness, and variety. Not just how loud they can play. Not alot of people pay much attention to the smaller lines.. But if you take the time to listen to them, you will find every one of those factors when they play.. if anyone is going to Mt. Carmel this weekend, take a look at some of the smaller lines like Santana, Bonita Vista, El Dorado, and dang, only if Rubudoux were still marching..(lost their band director this year) They were a really good (CLEAN) small line... Well if you've actually read this far then that must mean you actually care so I thank you for listening to my opinions. Hope to see you all this weekend.. Watch out (we're comm'n)

exsnare

how about rancho?

Post by exsnare » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:17 pm

I was looking through the replies in the forum about the best high school drumlines and nobody said anything about the drumline at rancho buena vista. I was at the scripps ranch tournament and i thought that they were pretty good. they seemed to have a pretty beefy book and they pulled most of it off.

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:42 pm

Hey, Im Bass 1 from Rubidoux.. Just to let some people who might not know.. Rubidoux is still marching, We've had a band director since the beginning of the school year.. Are first field show is this weekend at Wilson HS I think.. Yea we still a small line this year.. 2 Snares, 4 Basses, and 2 Tenors... But When 2nd semester comes around(WGI and SCpa.. no ADLA this year) Thats when its all gonna happen.. We are gonna prove that we still got it..

P.S. Yes, I would have to agree Cheeseater.. I classify a good line as someone who has a good book that can play clean.. and it doesnt matter how big the line is as long as they sound awesome!
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:02 pm

Shadow, no doubt there's some talent out there, but get real - if your line gets their @$$ handed to them in competitions, then there's a really good chance they're not one of "the top 3 lines".

Shota871
Rookie
Rookie

Who?

Post by Shota871 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:50 pm

Hope Rubidoux HS maintains the throne at ADLA A--ND SCPA (Hopefully).
North High School Saxon Regiment ('00~'02)
North High School Drum Line ('00~'02)
North High School #10 Tin Can Band ('01~'02)
El Camino College Varsity Band ('03~'05)
USC Trojan Marching Band ('03~'06)

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:52 pm

Well Rubidoux is not going to be doing ADLA at all this year. If anyone has looked at the show scedual you will see that Rubidoux is not hosting a show this year because The ADLA decided that since we got a director change we shoudlnt host, so I think there pretty much saying we cant hack so yea.. So as a drumline we dicided to not do ADLA and Just to WGI liked we planned and then also do SCPA.. Well yea.. just thought I would let everyone know.. Peace!
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~