Vallejo 3/13/10 Guard/Percussion Show

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Vallejo 3/13/10 Guard/Percussion Show

Post by Psalm 56 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 am

All I can say is: WELCOME BACK VALLEJO!! You never really left us. But, my goodness...the guard and percussion shows this year remind me of years gone by. I have been teaching high school music for 21 years. So, I have seen many "a-Vallejo-Show." I have some sense of credibility of seeing what Vallejo can do. I remember giving John Zarco - an instructor at that time - a huge hug when championships was at Tokay and Vallejo won!! Also, seeing John Zarco on Saturday at Vallejo High School brought back some of the "heritage" of those days gone by!! (Missed seeing Ryan N. & Rena Q.M.)

My career has been blessed to have some VALLEJO alumni be instructors. I wouldn't mind having my life blessed by some VALLEJO alumni again...with the understanding on performance days it's all about the instructors "dressing-to-the-nines" on performance day for their students :) , helping this old man get through the end of the day with no worries, and giving me some lumpia :lol: !!

You guys are doing great!! PLEASE keep it up. That school and district need to continue to have some positive things happen in a most negative time!! :yeah:

To vote...attend the meetings ... say "no to proxy voting." Just an idea...

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Vallejo 3/13/10 Guard/Percussion Show

Post by pittech » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Cool! I thought John was still back east getting his PhD. Is he back at the helm?

How was attendance @ the Vallejo show? It must have been rough having the Indy show and the WGI perc regional on the same day.
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us

SkyDog
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SkyDog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Mmmm... Lumpia.

You're making this Vallejo native (Springstowne/Hogan alumnus) hungry.

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:02 pm

pittech wrote:Cool! I thought John was still back east getting his PhD. Is he back at the helm?

How was attendance @ the Vallejo show? It must have been rough having the Indy show and the WGI perc regional on the same day.

John is home on a break. He is having a great time in Minnesota!! The attendance was low (numbers of groups competing) but you give two strong reasons - also Elk Grove hosted a show that day, too.

To vote...attend NCBA meetings and say "no to proxy voting." Just an idea.

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:55 pm

I unfortunately was not able to attend the Classic, but I was excited when a fellow Vallejo alum posted the video of the drumline. Lovin the show VHS! Certainly reminded me of my years there 10 years ago, and teachin 7 years ago.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

vallejo high school 97-00
san jose state 00-01
vhs pit instructor 01-03
vms pit instructor 04-05