World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 3
What are your thoughts on the review?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 15
I really like Jesse Bethel's show this year. I think its well written, and music and drill has to be the most demanding book in the Open division this year. It is also executed at a fair level for an Open HS with only a few dirty spots a little here and there. Although its quite obvious they had a time penalty due to technical difficulties was it with their electronics I think? Yea I remember some electronics stuff in their show last time I saw at Rodriguez and it wasnt there on Saturday. But the time penalty maybe is what put them in 4th

I also got to see Fairfield and yet again their bringin it. With a nice creative concept for a show. Not as a demanding book as Bethel but still pretty clean. another WGI type of show from them which is nice.

I think the battle this year has to be between these two schools in my opinion. Both of the shows has the potential of winning, but whoever can execute and play the cleanest beats is gonna be the one thats gonna get the higher placement. Although I havent seen Benicia yet hmmm..

Good job to all the schools that performed on Saturday. Its good seeing all these kids pour their heart out on the gym floor doing something they love. Keep up the good work! :D

_________________
If we do the unthinkable, would it make us look crazy?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:41 pm
Posts: 9
Really now?I thought Bethel's show has a well developed concept,but they have one of the weakest books I've heard for Open.They seem like they only have GE saving them this season =0
I give props to their tenor line though!

But by far my top 3 favorite shows are Vallejo,Fairfield,and Rodriguez of open division.Vallejo really stepped it up this year in general.Fairfield has much control over their beats and feet and I love their concept.And for Rodriguez,now THATS a book.The kids seem to really be stepping it up for 1st time in open.

But like I read before,its going to be a smackdown for the 707 area codes this season!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 3
BanginBeats wrote:
Really now?I thought Bethel's show has a well developed concept,but they have one of the weakest books I've heard for Open.


Hmm. The weakest book you've heard for open? I'm not so sure about that one. You must have got Bethel mixed up with all the other lines. Have you heard the section features? We all have our own opinion about the lines but make sure you get info straight before you claim someone with the weakest book.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:44 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 38
wait. Bethel's book is one of the weakest? I think it's the opposite. The battery is still playing much morre notes than any other open school, and they are probably cleaner this year than they have ever been in the past. Oh and has anyone stopped to listen to the front ensembles this year. Bethel's pit by far is the most advanced pit in that entire circuit in terms of musicality and technique. I think we need to check facts on here people because there seems to be a lot of bad mouthing going on. Pits seem to get overlooked in that circuit too much. And in my opinion I think if anyone's hiding behind their ge it's fairfield with their numerous actors and the dancer in the show. Their pit book is probably the lightest in the division. With that being said all of these kids are giving it their all and this should be an interestong weekend for fairfield, jesse bethel, and benicia since they're going t have a chance to be evaluated by a more experienced judging panel. Personally I think that the one out of those three schools that does the best this weekend at the union city regional will win that ncba open title.

_________________
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:41 pm
Posts: 9
Hey Im not trying to "bad mouth" anyone.I do respect Bethel's line,I just feel that the level of difficulty and musicality is not the best in the division.Thats all.I didn't say they were dirty or anything like that so everyone needs to relax.

I am entitled to my own opinion and so is everyone else here.
But I just disapprove of schools being put on a high pedestal when they don't have the performance to back it up.

Its all about execution.And that goes for ALL lines this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:57 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 15
I believe difficulty is mistaken for impact moments in music.

_________________
If we do the unthinkable, would it make us look crazy?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:12 pm
Posts: 84
Location: San Francisco, CA
BanginBeats wrote:
Hey Im not trying to "bad mouth" anyone.I do respect Bethel's line,I just feel that the level of difficulty and musicality is not the best in the division.Thats all.I didn't say they were dirty or anything like that so everyone needs to relax.

I am entitled to my own opinion and so is everyone else here.
But I just disapprove of schools being put on a high pedestal when they don't have the performance to back it up.

Its all about execution.And that goes for ALL lines this year.



That is your opinion and I respect it but I disagree epically since Bethel has been scoring very well in CCGC.

IMO this will all be laid to rest this weekend @ WGI Union City.

May the best line win.

_________________
Image

Follow us on twitter and friend us on Facebook!

http://twitter.com/SFRenegades

http://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoRenegades


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm
Posts: 10
Location: NorCal
backtobasics05 wrote:
wait. Bethel's book is one of the weakest? I think it's the opposite. The battery is still playing much morre notes than any other open school, and they are probably cleaner this year than they have ever been in the past. Oh and has anyone stopped to listen to the front ensembles this year. Bethel's pit by far is the most advanced pit in that entire circuit in terms of musicality and technique.


I understand you're a bethel enthusiast. i really do. Anyone can just check your profile and click "Search user's posts" and it'll show a majority of post beginning with... "kudos to bethel" "congrats bethel" and... "did you see bethel?"

Bethel.. by far, have really stepped it up from past years, but don't put them on a ridiculously high. Each and every school has some reason why they are in the open class.. so by saying "bethel has the hardest book".. "bethel has the most advanced pit in terms of musicality and technique" why didn't they choose to go up a division and face Logan? Its because other schools... Benicia, Fairfield, Vallejo, Rodriguez, Foothill, etc.. are STILL very much COMPETITION.

State your opinion, not flood a forum post in emotional appeal, loaded words and advertising a school like a cigarette commercial.

_________________
With these two magical wands/sticks.. i bring forth beefy licks. ;)
abra-cadabra-chutra-cheese!!rofl
:wiz:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm
Posts: 10
Location: NorCal
LivingLegend09 wrote:
I believe difficulty is mistaken for impact moments in music.


^^^ Amen.

_________________
With these two magical wands/sticks.. i bring forth beefy licks. ;)
abra-cadabra-chutra-cheese!!rofl
:wiz:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:41 pm
Posts: 9
:)


Yes,we'll see how it all goes down this weekend!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:02 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 38
rudimentalwizard wrote:
backtobasics05 wrote:
wait. Bethel's book is one of the weakest? I think it's the opposite. The battery is still playing much morre notes than any other open school, and they are probably cleaner this year than they have ever been in the past. Oh and has anyone stopped to listen to the front ensembles this year. Bethel's pit by far is the most advanced pit in that entire circuit in terms of musicality and technique.


I understand you're a bethel enthusiast. i really do. Anyone can just check your profile and click "Search user's posts" and it'll show a majority of post beginning with... "kudos to bethel" "congrats bethel" and... "did you see bethel?"



So obviously I have my opinions about Bethel, but the fact of the matter is that these kids get a bad wrap for some reason and these posts (not just mine) appeared on this thread because banginbeats felt the need to come on here and talk about a group of kids as if they're nothing. Forgive me for trying to stick up for them when someone obviously has an apparent issue with their program for whatever reason. And nobody said that no other school is competition. In fact I said the opposite, so don't misconstrue what has been said. The problem here is people on these forums hide behind these personas, and bad mouth other programs all the time. That needs to stop and banginbeats you know exactly what I'm talking about.

But of course as usual everyone will just say "Its just my opinion," as their cop out. Well okay then, stop getting so furious on these forums whenever someone mentions bethel or some school that they like, because again "That's just someones opinion." Grow up gentlemen/ladies.

Let's see how it goes for the rest of the season, and just let all the drama play out on the floor, and not on some internet forum. geez.

_________________
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Fairfield, CA
backtobasics05 wrote:
And in my opinion I think if anyone's hiding behind their ge it's fairfield with their numerous actors and the dancer in the show.

3 extras and the dancer is in the cymbal line


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Fairfield, CA
Seems to be waaaay to many personal feelings being thrown around. Really, as a competitor and somebody whos spoken with numerous participants in other lines this years open division is completely unpredictable and OPEN to any outcome. I personally dont watch other shows until after the season but according to the two people whos opinions matter most(the judges), they feel the same way. The top placings arent divided by much. Also, to say one lines pit, battery, or overall show doesnt compare to anothers is just venting your dissapointments to people on this forum who could honestly care less. Smashing any line for a "overrated" show is pretty heartless seeing as we all perform our best and really just do this cause we love it. Juuust saying, i come here to hear whats new and what can be done better. Not how this school didnt deserve this placement.

Liiiightweight straying from all that, does anybody have sheets from armijo? NCBA didnt seem to find it all too important to post those. A little bit wierd.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fairfield Winter show 3/6/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Fairfield, CA
beatboy wrote:
Seems to be waaaay to many personal feelings being thrown around. Really, as a competitor and somebody whos spoken with numerous participants in other lines this years open division is completely unpredictable and OPEN to any outcome. I personally dont watch other shows until after the season but according to the two people whos opinions matter most(the judges), they feel the same way. The top placings arent divided by much. Also, to say one lines pit, battery, or overall show doesnt compare to anothers is just venting your dissapointments to people on this forum who could honestly care less. Smashing any line for a "overrated" show is pretty heartless seeing as we all perform our best and really just do this cause we love it. Juuust saying, i come here to hear whats new and what can be done better. Not how this school didnt deserve this placement.

Agreed. I'm in it to do what I love to do. Sure the performance part is what most of us look forward to, but part of the fun is also hanging out and drumming with people from other lines. Basically my point is that it's not all about the scores and winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics