World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:17 am
Posts: 20
snarebeatsX7 wrote:
Oh and another big props to Rod for stepping up to open!

they are in open? i though they were in scholastic because in the
San Mateo show schedule there listed as scholastic.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am
Posts: 2
I thought benicia's show has a lot of potential and clean notes. Bethel was pretty clean too.

I thought the spread from 1st and second in open was 1.1 not .9. A little more on that… I love giving my opinion just as much as the next guy but this forum should be used to encourage, congratulate, and help each other. Not come down on a school because they won the show and cry foul play. That's not right. All these groups work extremely hard.
Clarify: Fairfield has home field advantage because the show was at rodriguez? Also, those scores from Saturday weren't real scores? No offense anyone but I am pretty sure all the ncba judges are more than qualified to give accurate scores based on the circuits judging criteria. If u do not agree stop follow the circuit.

I lastly wanna say congrats to all the competing schools. Wonderful start to the year (as early as it was). I can't wait for the elk grove show!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am
Posts: 2
I thought benicia's show has a lot of potential and clean notes. Bethel was pretty clean too.

I thought the spread from 1st and second in open was 1.1 not .9. A little more on that… I love giving my opinion just as much as the next guy but this forum should be used to encourage, congratulate, and help each other. Not come down on a school because they won the show and cry foul play. That's not right. All these groups work extremely hard.
Clarify: Fairfield has home field advantage because the show was at rodriguez? Also, those scores from Saturday weren't real scores? No offense anyone but I am pretty sure all the ncba judges are more than qualified to give accurate scores based on the circuits judging criteria. If u do not agree stop follow the circuit.

I lastly wanna say congrats to all the competing schools. Wonderful start to the year (as early as it was). I can't wait for the elk grove show!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm
Posts: 329
bigmikedrivesbmw wrote:



FYI the Bethel video has been removed.

_________________
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:55 pm
Posts: 56
Location: NorCal
so did fairfield's.

_________________
jb <3


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:25 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:44 pm
Posts: 140
Hi all, I believe the shows that were removed were done so because the schools mentioned compete in CCGC what is the area circuit for WGI. WGI is trying to stop online videos that are not sanctioned by WGI. Copyright stuff you know. By the way Springstowne is competing in CCGC as well.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Fairfield, CA
snarebeatsX7 wrote:
Good job to all the lines on Sat. It was pretty intense. BUT I agree with Slaphappy7 about the open class 1 and 2 being flip flopped. Losing by .9? I smell home court advantage. But I guess we'll see the real score at the Logan regional yeah?

Big props to Bethel though for stepping up their game. They're looking really classy this year and really are on top of their stuff. Oh and another big props to Rod for stepping up to open!



Ummmm.... Pretty sure the jusdges arent from fairfield. And bethel is nothin but ten minutes away from rod.
P.S. Rod hasnt moved up yet, its still being determined.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm
Posts: 329
beatboy wrote:
snarebeatsX7 wrote:
Good job to all the lines on Sat. It was pretty intense. BUT I agree with Slaphappy7 about the open class 1 and 2 being flip flopped. Losing by .9? I smell home court advantage. But I guess we'll see the real score at the Logan regional yeah?

Big props to Bethel though for stepping up their game. They're looking really classy this year and really are on top of their stuff. Oh and another big props to Rod for stepping up to open!



Ummmm.... Pretty sure the jusdges arent from fairfield. And bethel is nothin but ten minutes away from rod.
P.S. Rod hasnt moved up yet, its still being determined.



Hope they do move up. It'd make for an interesting ncba open class!

_________________
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm
Posts: 329
gcarrasco wrote:
Hi all, I believe the shows that were removed were done so because the schools mentioned compete in CCGC what is the area circuit for WGI. WGI is trying to stop online videos that are not sanctioned by WGI. Copyright stuff you know. By the way Springstowne is competing in CCGC as well.



This is true. The youtube user should probably remove Springstowne and Vallejo Middle's shows as well.

_________________
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:21 am
Posts: 533
Location: Elk Grove, CA
anyone know why Vallejo Middle got DQ'ed?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 151
snarebeatsX7 wrote:
But I guess we'll see the real score at the Logan regional yeah?


Actually you will see a completely different score, from a different panel of judges, that are working off different criteria.

_________________
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Reed High 1998-1999, 2001-2003, 2007-2008
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Spanish Springs 2001-2003
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Mandarins 2006-2007
Instructor – Battery


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 648
gbaydrummer wrote:
buzzatapa2314 wrote:
Im Wondering why is Granite Bay in standing percussion i saw there show last year and it looked like they were way to good to just be in standing percussion.


We have a demanding fall program and some kids want a break for winter.

That's all.


I am actually looking forward to seeing what Granite Bay is going to do for "standing percussion." My hopes was for "standing percussion" to be more of a "concert percussion" flava. Oppose dudes and dudettes standing there with a drum on a harness. If that is what Granite Bay is doing (drums on a harness) .... well, that is what "Standing Percussion" means in NCBA-land. I do hope someday NCBA will turn "Standing Percussion" into "Concert Percussion." There is some really good 'writing' for concert percussion. Come on GBAY ... you can do some really cool concert percussion!!!!! START THE TREND!! Excited to see what y'all are doing. Whatever it is...it will be wonderful.

To Vote....attend the meetings...say "no, to proxy voting." Just an idea.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm
Posts: 329
Psalm 56 wrote:
gbaydrummer wrote:
buzzatapa2314 wrote:
Im Wondering why is Granite Bay in standing percussion i saw there show last year and it looked like they were way to good to just be in standing percussion.


We have a demanding fall program and some kids want a break for winter.

That's all.


I am actually looking forward to seeing what Granite Bay is going to do for "standing percussion." My hopes was for "standing percussion" to be more of a "concert percussion" flava. Oppose dudes and dudettes standing there with a drum on a harness. If that is what Granite Bay is doing (drums on a harness) .... well, that is what "Standing Percussion" means in NCBA-land. I do hope someday NCBA will turn "Standing Percussion" into "Concert Percussion." There is some really good 'writing' for concert percussion. Come on GBAY ... you can do some really cool concert percussion!!!!! START THE TREND!! Excited to see what y'all are doing. Whatever it is...it will be wonderful.

To Vote....attend the meetings...say "no, to proxy voting." Just an idea.



There is a way to change standing perc into concert perc in NCBA

but I'll touch on that in the directors forum

_________________
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:44 pm
Posts: 140
Steven wrote:
Actually you will see a completely different score, from a different panel of judges, that are working off different criteria.



How many different criteria are there in musical analysis?
Let's not talk sheets, let's talk empirical analysis.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rodriguez Winter Show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 151
gcarrasco wrote:
let's talk empirical analysis.


Sure but before I respond...

Could you expand upon what you mean by empirical analysis in relation to musical analysis criteria?

_________________
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Reed High 1998-1999, 2001-2003, 2007-2008
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Spanish Springs 2001-2003
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Mandarins 2006-2007
Instructor – Battery


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics