Rodriguez Winter Show

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

buzzatapa2314
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Rodriguez Winter Show

Post by buzzatapa2314 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 am

snarebeatsX7 wrote: Oh and another big props to Rod for stepping up to open!
they are in open? i though they were in scholastic because in the
San Mateo show schedule there listed as scholastic.

Username916

Post by Username916 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am

I thought benicia's show has a lot of potential and clean notes. Bethel was pretty clean too.

I thought the spread from 1st and second in open was 1.1 not .9. A little more on that… I love giving my opinion just as much as the next guy but this forum should be used to encourage, congratulate, and help each other. Not come down on a school because they won the show and cry foul play. That's not right. All these groups work extremely hard.
Clarify: Fairfield has home field advantage because the show was at rodriguez? Also, those scores from Saturday weren't real scores? No offense anyone but I am pretty sure all the ncba judges are more than qualified to give accurate scores based on the circuits judging criteria. If u do not agree stop follow the circuit.

I lastly wanna say congrats to all the competing schools. Wonderful start to the year (as early as it was). I can't wait for the elk grove show!

Username916

Post by Username916 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am

I thought benicia's show has a lot of potential and clean notes. Bethel was pretty clean too.

I thought the spread from 1st and second in open was 1.1 not .9. A little more on that… I love giving my opinion just as much as the next guy but this forum should be used to encourage, congratulate, and help each other. Not come down on a school because they won the show and cry foul play. That's not right. All these groups work extremely hard.
Clarify: Fairfield has home field advantage because the show was at rodriguez? Also, those scores from Saturday weren't real scores? No offense anyone but I am pretty sure all the ncba judges are more than qualified to give accurate scores based on the circuits judging criteria. If u do not agree stop follow the circuit.

I lastly wanna say congrats to all the competing schools. Wonderful start to the year (as early as it was). I can't wait for the elk grove show!

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pittech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 am

bigmikedrivesbmw wrote:found some videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SDLshoWxStopper

FYI the Bethel video has been removed.
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us

jaybird3
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jaybird3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

so did fairfield's.
jb <3

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi all, I believe the shows that were removed were done so because the schools mentioned compete in CCGC what is the area circuit for WGI. WGI is trying to stop online videos that are not sanctioned by WGI. Copyright stuff you know. By the way Springstowne is competing in CCGC as well.

beatboy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by beatboy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

snarebeatsX7 wrote:Good job to all the lines on Sat. It was pretty intense. BUT I agree with Slaphappy7 about the open class 1 and 2 being flip flopped. Losing by .9? I smell home court advantage. But I guess we'll see the real score at the Logan regional yeah?

Big props to Bethel though for stepping up their game. They're looking really classy this year and really are on top of their stuff. Oh and another big props to Rod for stepping up to open!

Ummmm.... Pretty sure the jusdges arent from fairfield. And bethel is nothin but ten minutes away from rod.
P.S. Rod hasnt moved up yet, its still being determined.

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pittech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

beatboy wrote:
snarebeatsX7 wrote:Good job to all the lines on Sat. It was pretty intense. BUT I agree with Slaphappy7 about the open class 1 and 2 being flip flopped. Losing by .9? I smell home court advantage. But I guess we'll see the real score at the Logan regional yeah?

Big props to Bethel though for stepping up their game. They're looking really classy this year and really are on top of their stuff. Oh and another big props to Rod for stepping up to open!

Ummmm.... Pretty sure the jusdges arent from fairfield. And bethel is nothin but ten minutes away from rod.
P.S. Rod hasnt moved up yet, its still being determined.

Hope they do move up. It'd make for an interesting ncba open class!
Calvin D. Carr

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pittech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 pm

gcarrasco wrote:Hi all, I believe the shows that were removed were done so because the schools mentioned compete in CCGC what is the area circuit for WGI. WGI is trying to stop online videos that are not sanctioned by WGI. Copyright stuff you know. By the way Springstowne is competing in CCGC as well.

This is true. The youtube user should probably remove Springstowne and Vallejo Middle's shows as well.
Calvin D. Carr

bigmikedrivesbmw
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bigmikedrivesbmw » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 am

anyone know why Vallejo Middle got DQ'ed?

Steven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steven » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 am

snarebeatsX7 wrote: But I guess we'll see the real score at the Logan regional yeah?
Actually you will see a completely different score, from a different panel of judges, that are working off different criteria.
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Reed High 1998-1999, 2001-2003, 2007-2008
Spanish Springs 2001-2003
Mandarins 2006-2007
Instructor – Battery

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 pm

gbaydrummer wrote:
buzzatapa2314 wrote:Im Wondering why is Granite Bay in standing percussion i saw there show last year and it looked like they were way to good to just be in standing percussion.
We have a demanding fall program and some kids want a break for winter.

That's all.
I am actually looking forward to seeing what Granite Bay is going to do for "standing percussion." My hopes was for "standing percussion" to be more of a "concert percussion" flava. Oppose dudes and dudettes standing there with a drum on a harness. If that is what Granite Bay is doing (drums on a harness) .... well, that is what "Standing Percussion" means in NCBA-land. I do hope someday NCBA will turn "Standing Percussion" into "Concert Percussion." There is some really good 'writing' for concert percussion. Come on GBAY ... you can do some really cool concert percussion!!!!! START THE TREND!! Excited to see what y'all are doing. Whatever it is...it will be wonderful.

To Vote....attend the meetings...say "no, to proxy voting." Just an idea.

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pittech » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Psalm 56 wrote:
gbaydrummer wrote:
buzzatapa2314 wrote:Im Wondering why is Granite Bay in standing percussion i saw there show last year and it looked like they were way to good to just be in standing percussion.
We have a demanding fall program and some kids want a break for winter.

That's all.
I am actually looking forward to seeing what Granite Bay is going to do for "standing percussion." My hopes was for "standing percussion" to be more of a "concert percussion" flava. Oppose dudes and dudettes standing there with a drum on a harness. If that is what Granite Bay is doing (drums on a harness) .... well, that is what "Standing Percussion" means in NCBA-land. I do hope someday NCBA will turn "Standing Percussion" into "Concert Percussion." There is some really good 'writing' for concert percussion. Come on GBAY ... you can do some really cool concert percussion!!!!! START THE TREND!! Excited to see what y'all are doing. Whatever it is...it will be wonderful.

To Vote....attend the meetings...say "no, to proxy voting." Just an idea.

There is a way to change standing perc into concert perc in NCBA

but I'll touch on that in the directors forum
Calvin D. Carr

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Steven wrote: Actually you will see a completely different score, from a different panel of judges, that are working off different criteria.

How many different criteria are there in musical analysis?
Let's not talk sheets, let's talk empirical analysis.

Steven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steven » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 am

gcarrasco wrote:let's talk empirical analysis.
Sure but before I respond...

Could you expand upon what you mean by empirical analysis in relation to musical analysis criteria?
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Reed High 1998-1999, 2001-2003, 2007-2008
Spanish Springs 2001-2003
Mandarins 2006-2007
Instructor – Battery