Post by CleanBeatsNow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 pm

For each class...its time..

MS and HS....

The Duel
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: NCBA champs predictions

Post by The Duel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:50 am

I dont think it is time. There is still one more before champs and a lot can still happen in the final week before it. I think just wait until the day of to make predictions.

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Powerhouse08 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Its tough to decide that seeing how the scoring system is so inconsistent in the NCBA. You cant compare scores from one show to the next. One show you can get a score in the high 80's, the next show you get a 73 or somethin. One week the judges love your show and you work on what they say on the tapes, the next week the new judges dont like it and give you different advice. Making a guess as to who will win champs is everyones personal decision obviously, but all in all, whoever gets lucky and plays what those certain judges THAT specific day like will win......
Last edited by Powerhouse08 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?

sn00zeFest

Post by sn00zeFest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:53 pm

open: Benicia could win it if they have fixed their concept. if not Fairfield
Scholastic: Atwater (BEATS!!)
Advance: Armijo (if they finish their show) I am shock at some of the notes they play.
Novice: ?? to close to call.

Slaphappy7
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Slaphappy7 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Here's the thing I think that all the classes save Scholastic are waaaaaaaaay to close to call (including MS that have more and 1 per class) Atwater will run witl Scholastic and hop to Open next year. Everyone else is almost a roll of the dice.

Follow us on twitter and friend us on Facebook!

http://twitter.com/SFRenegades

http://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoRenegades

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:04 am

These are just my stupid, uneducated guesses. Of course it all really depends on 1) how well the groups actually perform at champs, and 2) who is sitting on that panel (you know that does make a HUGE difference).

Novice: Pondorosa, El Dorado, or Pleasant Grove
Advanced: Armijo or Granite Bay
Scholastic: Rodriguez or Golden Valley (although there are some AMAZING groups in Scholastic, probably the strongest Scholastic class in recent memory, IMO).
Open: Fairfield (no one else has the complete package or level of sophistication)

No offense meant to anyone I didn't mention, just my opinion.

bigmikedrivesbmw
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bigmikedrivesbmw » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:47 pm

wholelottasaywhat? wrote: Advanced: Armijo or Granite Bay
no Granite Bay listed on the line-up. :( They would have been one of my picks too

bigmikedrivesbmw
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bigmikedrivesbmw » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:51 pm

HS standing: Wilcox
HS novice: Pleasant Grove or Ponderosa
HS advanced: Armijo, with West Campus right behind them
HS scholastic: Atwater and Elk Grove will tie, lol
HS open: Fairfield

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Powerhouse08 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 pm

a tie?? aaaaawww c'mon now.....we cant have that! LOL. Seriously though, there is alot of good groups in every division....this has been, and will be one of the best, most competitive years NCBA has EVER had in my opinion. My prediction: An awesome day of drumming!! Oh, little side note, GV isnt goin to NCBA champs....
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
Golden Valley High School 12-?

Blueman11

Post by Blueman11 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Has anyone seen Armijos show? I heard they got beats. How are the snares?

CleanBeatsNow

Post by CleanBeatsNow » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:06 pm

sorry idk about anyother divisions except scholastic and open..soo..

scholastic is SUCH a toss-up...I think that rodriguez has the best concept, atwater has a TON of notes, and elk groves book is very complete and well put together... i think those will be the top 3 and will be seperated by hundreths of a point...

open: fairfield or benicia....whoever plays the cleanest...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.....

Blueman11

Post by Blueman11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Anyone else see Armijo ??? My friend was talking about Armijo and Granite Bay and told me of their battery. Granite Bay is pretty good for their division. But not as many beats as whats up with Armijo. (Battery break for Anger :evil: is SICK!) Though, the execution of what Ganite Bay brings them up along with J.F.K. Performance can come far! Nice show though with Granite Bay and J.F.K...Ive only heard of Armijo more and saw a video of them at Del Oro so sorry if i didnt say anything of the other two schools.In Armijo, due to their show concept, performance MATTERS! EVERY emotion must be portrayed with precise execution. The only thing i want to see more (just my opinion) is heights within the tenor line. Also TEMPO. Many time changes rapidly. Just need to be more comfortable with that. But

Steven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steven » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:29 am

Blueman11 wrote:Anyone else see Armijo ??? My friend was talking about Armijo and Granite Bay and told me of their battery. Granite Bay is pretty good for their division. But not as many beats as whats up with Armijo. (Battery break for Anger :evil: is SICK!) Though, the execution of what Ganite Bay brings them up along with J.F.K. Performance can come far! Nice show though with Granite Bay and J.F.K...Ive only heard of Armijo more and saw a video of them at Del Oro so sorry if i didnt say anything of the other two schools.In Armijo, due to their show concept, performance MATTERS! EVERY emotion must be portrayed with precise execution. The only thing i want to see more (just my opinion) is heights within the tenor line. Also TEMPO. Many time changes rapidly. Just need to be more comfortable with that. But
This post made my eyes bleed.
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Reed High 1998-1999, 2001-2003, 2007-2008
Spanish Springs 2001-2003
Mandarins 2006-2007
Instructor – Battery

Mystery
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Mystery » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:51 am

Steven wrote:
Blueman11 wrote:Anyone else see Armijo ??? My friend was talking about Armijo and Granite Bay and told me of their battery. Granite Bay is pretty good for their division. But not as many beats as whats up with Armijo. (Battery break for Anger :evil: is SICK!) Though, the execution of what Ganite Bay brings them up along with J.F.K. Performance can come far! Nice show though with Granite Bay and J.F.K...Ive only heard of Armijo more and saw a video of them at Del Oro so sorry if i didnt say anything of the other two schools.In Armijo, due to their show concept, performance MATTERS! EVERY emotion must be portrayed with precise execution. The only thing i want to see more (just my opinion) is heights within the tenor line. Also TEMPO. Many time changes rapidly. Just need to be more comfortable with that. But
This post made my eyes bleed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit:
oh, and for my own personal predictions, I'd say it's a toss-up between Fairfield, Jesse Bethel, and maaaaaybe Benicia

Benecia's got a solid battery (although as other people have mentioned, their snareline seems to boast the most technical musical difficulty out of all the sections.) The show concept is cool, as are the usage of the moving mirror backdrops.

Bethel's got that WOW factor. im impressed. their line is huge, flashy, and they've got plenty of beats that are sure to get people cheering on their feets. it's classic NCBA. while there is dirt here and there, i'm sure it'll be fixed by champs (this goes for all the lines actually.) what impressed me the most out of this group is their overwhelming CONFIDENCE. duuuuuuuuuuuuuude. these guys take the gym like they OWN it. idk about you, but i feel stage presence is a huge factor in the quality of an indoor show.

Like others have said before, Fairfield's got THE package. they've got the concept. they've got the drill. they've got a promising line. they've got the beats. and the show design is quite impressive overall. out of FHS, Benicia, and JB, FHS probably has the show that would appeal the most to WGI adjudicators. major props to Fairfield's instructors for putting this out on the table! with a package like this, it's only natural to think that they'd win champs.

however, I think the real factor between all these schools are (obviously) the performance levels we see in the individuals of each school. they all have great shows. and they all have the potential to win. and quite frankly, it's gonna take clean beats, CONFIDENCE, and a kick-ass performance to get that championship trophy. in other words, the school that SELLS their show the BEST will be the one who wins champs. and that, is what makes this a toss up!

Chaos

Post by Chaos » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Personally, I believe making any sort of predictions is a tad unorthodox. I believe it to be entirely possible for anyone to win anything. There's still a week before championships. Who knows what drum line will do what in their practice time. (:

I think this years results will be unlike other years though.
"Band is not a matter of life or death... it's far more serious than that!"