World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:07 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:38 pm
Posts: 26
Powerhouse08 wrote:
Hahaha! Thanks for the compliment Mystery! Id rather have my kids get recognized for their advanced playing ability than anything else.


even if it means jeopardizing the scoring...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:18 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:12 pm
Posts: 84
Location: San Francisco, CA
tenorking209 wrote:
Powerhouse08 wrote:
Hahaha! Thanks for the compliment Mystery! Id rather have my kids get recognized for their advanced playing ability than anything else.


even if it means jeopardizing the scoring...



Wise man once told me

"Scores don't mean shi*e. Especially when we’re supposed to be educators."

Wise man also had nice shiny DCI rings to I tend to think he knew what he was talking about

_________________
Image

Follow us on twitter and friend us on Facebook!

http://twitter.com/SFRenegades

http://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoRenegades


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:38 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:13 am
Posts: 122
hahahahahaha......Gilbert Gilbert Gilbert......first off our scores weren't "jepordized." And its way more impressive what you can play rather than how much you can dance.

_________________
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:27 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:32 am
Posts: 31
Location: California Baby!
I'd say it's way more impressive being able to play all them notes cleanly while dancing! hahaha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:03 pm
Posts: 367
simultaneous responsibility adds SO much to your show on a Performance AND GE level. Everyone should be able to stand and play well...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:13 am
Posts: 122
oh I totally agree with you guys, but first comes the ability to play (and well)....later comes all that theactric stuff.

_________________
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:46 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:03 pm
Posts: 367
yes, playing AND marching well should come first before you add the layers of responsibility...I agree.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:34 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:32 am
Posts: 31
Location: California Baby!
... and, the music should drive the visual, not the other way around. Now it's only up to you and your group to decide how far you want to take it. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:59 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 21
Just thought it'd be interesting to post past NCBA champs over the years...This is from a post by Brian Aguilar. Since it takes some digging to find it I figured I'd repost it here. I take no credit for this except for general knowledge of some show titles of the past couple years.

NCBA Open Percussion champs history

1993 - Armijo HS
1994 - Sacramento HS
1995 - Sacramento HS
1996 - Sacramento HS
1997 - Hogan HS
1998 - Fairfield HS/Sacramento HS (tie)
1999 - Vallejo HS
2000 - Vallejo HS
2001 - Vallejo HS
2002 - Foothill HS
2003 - Vallejo HS <-- Bond
2004 - Fairfield HS <-- Silver Element
2005 - Fairfield HS <-- Hypnotic
2006 - Hogan HS <-- Slipstream
2007 - Foothill HS <-- Eastern Winds
2008 - Fairfield HS <-- Inferno
2009 - Fairfield HS <-- Perspective

Champ Tallies:
Armijo - 1
Sacramento - 4 (Including the tie)
Hogan - 2
Vallejo - 4
Foothill - 2
Fairfield - 5 (including the tie)

Looks like there hasn't been a three-peat since 2001 (Vallejo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:37 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 45
Mystery wrote:
Just thought it'd be interesting to post past NCBA champs over the years...This is from a post by Brian Aguilar. Since it takes some digging to find it I figured I'd repost it here. I take no credit for this except for general knowledge of some show titles of the past couple years.

NCBA Open Percussion champs history

1993 - Armijo HS
1994 - Sacramento HS
1995 - Sacramento HS
1996 - Sacramento HS
1997 - Hogan HS
1998 - Fairfield HS/Sacramento HS (tie)
1999 - Vallejo HS
2000 - Vallejo HS
2001 - Vallejo HS
2002 - Foothill HS
2003 - Vallejo HS <-- Bond
2004 - Fairfield HS <-- Silver Element
2005 - Fairfield HS <-- Hypnotic
2006 - Hogan HS <-- Slipstream
2007 - Foothill HS <-- Eastern Winds
2008 - Fairfield HS <-- Inferno
2009 - Fairfield HS <-- Perspective

Champ Tallies:
Armijo - 1
Sacramento - 4 (Including the tie)
Hogan - 2
Vallejo - 4
Foothill - 2
Fairfield - 5 (including the tie)

Looks like there hasn't been a three-peat since 2001 (Vallejo)




Yea I was apart of the '04,'05 fairfield hope of the threepeat....sucked that we didnt accomplish the feat...hogan came out of nowhere to take it that year..first time I was actually happy to get first (second), cuz that hogan show was bomb...goodluck to fairfield next year..everyone else as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:46 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Merced, CA
Man that is some cool info. Brian you have too much time on your hands my friend. Ha, ha, ha. This already makes next year interesting. Can Vallejo come back next year and tie Fairfield with the most Open Class titles. Can Fairfield come back next year and tie Vallejo with three Open Class wins in a row…Can Hogan come back and close the gap. This year was crazy, next year is going to be ridiculous!!!

Do we dare ask about the history of the Scholastic division?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:42 pm
Posts: 1
well.. i still think Vallejo 2005 had the best music of all time!

and why are Inferno and Kalidescope the only Fairfield shows on Youtube??


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:01 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Merced, CA
What did they play that year? Was that under Zarco?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:30 am
Posts: 105
Location: Sacramento, CA
Flamit wrote:
Man that is some cool info. Brian you have too much time on your hands my friend. Ha, ha, ha. This already makes next year interesting. Can Vallejo come back next year and tie Fairfield with the most Open Class titles. Can Fairfield come back next year and tie Vallejo with three Open Class wins in a row…Can Hogan come back and close the gap. This year was crazy, next year is going to be ridiculous!!!

Do we dare ask about the history of the Scholastic division?!


No, it didn't take too much time to write it out. I've been there for every one of the Championship shows and kinda kept track of the winners for fun. It probably took you more time to dig up that old post than it did for me to write it. :)

If my memory is correct, I think the first year the NCBA had Scholastic Class was 1996 when champs were at South San Francisco. I BELIEVE it was McQueen that won that year. I know Antioch HS won 2001, Sacramento HS won 2003, VAPAC won 2006, and McClatchy HS won 2008.

Also want to point out that Vallejo is not the only open line to win three in a row, so if Fairfield goes out and wins again next year, they will join Vallejo AND Sac High.

Interesting fact... Fairfield instructor Tyler Mathiesen is a grad of Sac High, was a freshman playing the 15-inch top bass in 1998 when they won, taught one year at Vallejo when they won (the Bond year I believe), and has been with Fairfield for all of their recent championships (not sure about 2004 though).


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NCBA Championship show, 4/4/2009
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Merced, CA
Naw, I just read Mystery's post above. Ha, ha, ha, and sorry I didn't mean to over look Sac High. It's just that they aren't around anymore, that's why I left them out. What they have done in the NCBA circuit shouldn't be over looked. My bad.

What would be even more crazy is if Sac High came back.....full force. Wow!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics