Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

rosski47
New Recruit
New Recruit

WGI Union City

Post by rosski47 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:26 am

Who went??
It was a great show!

Logan just keeps getting cleaner every year.
Clovis West has a crazy cool show.
Beyer is amazingly clean.

Just some immediate thoughts after the show.

Anyone else here attend?

Here's a video of my school's finals performance if you didn't get a chance to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5HZV46GUQ

Oh and does anyone know if Beyer is going to Dayton?
They are gonna be freakin' sweet(er) come championships time!
-Ross-
Alto Sax Player
Clovis High '09
Indiana University '13

dypemaya

Re: WGI Union City

Post by dypemaya » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 am

oh gosh i loved james logans show. the whole theme was original and it wasn't one of those corny shows that talk about the most random things like color, a letter in the alphabet, lint, scotch tape...their theme was real! anyone who is asian (esp filipino, japanese, indian, chinese) can relate and be touched by this show. i honestly almost cried. ^_^

the group that took me by surprise is homestead. it's like "WOAH where the heck did they come from?!"
they had a real strong front ensemble, tight bass line, hardcore 8 person cymbal line, and don't forget one of the cleanest snare lines of the night. i honestly think their show should've taken 1st in their class (open). and did you guys see their faces? holy crap...they were INTO IT.

anyway, i believe that a lot of us have been so cooped up with the popular lines out there and we forget to appreciate the underdogs. that said, i would like to personally congratulate homestead high school for their love and contribution to the arts.

memorable favs from that night:
1. james logan
2. homestead
3. clovis west

(love from palo alto high school)

Steven
Rookie
Rookie

Re: WGI Union City

Post by Steven » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:53 am

Homestead had a great high batt, I could have mistaken those kids for a decent div2/3 (open) dci line no problem. Dave Sankus (sp?) still there?

I love James Logans sound system. There are plenty of other things I like (drum line writing) but that sound system is rock/pop concert worthy.
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Instructor/Arranger/Visual
Reed High 1998-1999, 2001-2003, 2007-2008
Spanish Springs 2001-2003
Mandarins 2006-2007
Instructor – Battery