Adla Reviews

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Adla Reviews

Post by cymtech » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:39 pm

delays are usually due to instructors not reporting to the tabulator room after promptly being called to discuss divisional movement. some instructors never show up at all...

that is why there is a delay. it also takes some time to confirm scores and assemble packets for the 40 groups that just went on.

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Really good show, improved judging...but too long of a wait. Especially for groups that performed early...yikes. But yeah, smae thing happens in Marching band shows. THANK GOD for the occassional "exhibition performer" like a UCLA or RCC to help fill the time.

And hey, let's KILL the whole drumline Salute thing. Serious? If I see one more Napolean Dynamite attempt at dancing during a salute, I may go postal. Call the name, get the trophy, leave. I thought drummers were too cool for all the salute stuff? I vote for banning salutes at drumline shows! Or limit them to 2 COUNTS!

quickcheeses
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by quickcheeses » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm

[quote]delays are usually due to instructors not reporting to the tabulator room after promptly being called to discuss divisional movement. some instructors never show up at all...
[/quote]

Getting called to discuss divisional movement? When my ensemble was bumped last year, I found out from a member in the ensemble following awards (Where it was announced).

Where was I? Hospitality. Should have been easy to find me and discuss prior to announcing it to the crowd.

-Eric

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Reminds me....

NO HOSPITALITY AT AB MILLER?????!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cymtech » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:48 pm

quickcheeses wrote:
delays are usually due to instructors not reporting to the tabulator room after promptly being called to discuss divisional movement. some instructors never show up at all...
Getting called to discuss divisional movement? When my ensemble was bumped last year, I found out from a member in the ensemble following awards (Where it was announced).

Where was I? Hospitality. Should have been easy to find me and discuss prior to announcing it to the crowd.

-Eric
I think we need to stop filling up on soda and cookies...

BDinkel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BDinkel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:03 am

I was DEFINITELY being sarcastic. No one wants to see that! Come on!! Gloria Estefan?! Is it still 1996?

After being in the collective funk of a crowded gym on many a Saturday night, I'd say the 10 - 11 minute show increments is about all I can take...