Post by redbeard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 am

How about those Sharks? :rotf:
Next subject please.

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NCBA FALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by Powerhouse08 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:08 am

ya know LHSCHIORGOD, its funny how when i say something about a school you call me an ass, yet you sit there and talk MAD crap on a group just cause YOU obviously got fired from there. So why dont YOU think of the kids before YOU make an ass out of YOURSELF. Whats also funny is that you make it seem like when YOUtght at Lincoln, they won. Uh, im pretty sure they've NEVER had a decent line, and thats not their fault. Instruction makes all the difference. Yeah, not every line has amazing players, but the instructors should know how to talior a show or street piece to use what they got and challenge their kids. playing 8's on the street ....c'mon dude, even junior high groups with NO experience do more than that. To me thats laziness on YOUR part. So before you go off and start to say things about me or any instructor, or any GROUP, look at the things you've said and the way you make yourself seem. As an instructor you do a poor job setting an example for your kids by talking this way about other groups that work just as hard as your "group." Whatever happened between you and your former school is between you two. Your acting like a kid and putting the students down. And as for the mandarins, hey buddy, before you start runnin your mouth, lets see you make your group go up against Div.1 corps. You sir, have no class. And thats all i gotta say about that....
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?

dceribales1

Post by dceribales1 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm

LHSCHIORGOD wrote:they just cant and wont be the Lincoln i was in and the Lincoln i grew up with so that's just me.
Is the Lincoln you grew up with the same one that went to the Loomis show in October 2004?

October 16, 2004: Golden Eagle Spectacular (NCBA)
- Loomis, CA

Percussion
84 Granite Bay
72 Oakridge
71 Cordova
68 Union Mine
60 Lincoln

http://www.worldofpageantry.com/scores/ ... scores.php
Last edited by dceribales1 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jay1300

Post by jay1300 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:10 pm

dceribales1 wrote:LHSCHIORGOD wrote:
jay1300 wrote:
they just cant and wont be the Lincoln i was in and the Lincoln i grew up with so that's just me.
was not my quote at all.......

please dont talk crap about a world class drum corps when you can't even march in step and play bass drum at buccs. now really??? the same people teaching there right now was drumming at freelancers.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=32804746

just stop talking. you are totally embarrassing yourself and probably lost a lot of respect from A LOT of instructors if you had any at all.

Che!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Che! » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:51 pm

lets just stop the negativity and go back to the original topic before this gets locked.

I think at champs, Rodriguez will have a great chance of taking it. They haven't placed out of top 2 this whole season. If they can fix the problems that they had at T.O.C. they will be a great contender.

That's the same for Benicia. If they add more drill to their show, their chances would be bumped greatly.

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm

ya.....we may not add anything the last week...but i think it'll be between bethel, rodriguez and benicia. it also depends on whos judging......if you know what i mean....
BHS 2002-2006
Blue Devils B 2006
Sacramento Freelancers 2007-present
Sacramento Mandarins 2007-present

BMS Instructor 2003-2008
BHS Instructor 2006-present
El Dorado HS instructor 2008
Del Oro HS
Monte Vista HS
Lincoln HS

Flamit
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Flamit » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:55 pm

If you have or haven’t seen the line up for Saturday it’s defiantly going to be a fight for the top spot. :bruce: There is going to be a lot of good Line’s going toe to toe. :box: So many groups have improved greatly since the beginning of the season. If you’ve been keeping track of the scores and placing, everyone has been beat at one point or another. Everyone is a target. :shoot: It’s going to be fun. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Also Gavin Bering will be judging at champs this weekend. A perfect Judge for a Championship show!!

Atwater High DrumLine Staff :sarg:

MalletQueen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletQueen » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 pm

Here is my two-cents on this topic...

If you had asked me after Antioch who would be the band to watch, I would have shook my head and said "I have no clue".

If one were to have seen Atwater Drumline in the past couple of weeks, they would be sure to put them up as one to watch for a top spot at Championships.

I figure it this way though, most of you don't have Atwater on your radar because there was a huge gap between their first and second parade.

By the time they got started, people were already making observations about top drumlines.

Mark my words...don't count Atwater Drumline out!!!

I'll be there Saturday guys. Make me proud like you always do!!!!

Che!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Che! » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 pm

i personally haven't seen atwater in person yet but i did see half of there show on youtube, so it will be my first time seeing them live this weekend. I know they usually throw down a lot of beats so i guess we'll see what happens on saturday. Good luck to everyone and strive for perfection.

phatbob2007
Rookie
Rookie

Post by phatbob2007 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm

i predict the line the plays the cleanest while still playing difficult music and marches the cleanest with some drill maybe? will win! regardless of who is judging and regardless of school name.

Best of luck to all the lines this Saturday i can't wait to see who is going to be NCBA's First ever Champion in every caption. good luck to your line jon i know you'll get 'em ready
Benicia High Panther Band c/o 07 ToR Parade 2005
07-Current SJDC section leader / principal horn
07-08 Lincoln High (Stockton) Staff
08-Current Inderkum Music Staff
08-Current Tokay DL Co-Caption Head/ Marching Instructor

gumba

Post by gumba » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:31 pm

I SAY BENICIA! SNARELINE IS THROWIN' DOWN...
just make drumming as easy as it is....

lostchops
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lostchops » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:48 pm

So... Who took percussion at champs? Street & Field!!!

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Powerhouse08 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:01 pm

Atwater high won first, Benicia second, Rodriguez third
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
Golden Valley High School 12-?