NCBA FALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

NCBA FALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by Powerhouse08 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:37 pm

so now that we've had a chance to see just about everyones shows, what are your predictions for champs? whos takin it home?
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?

LHSCHIORGOD
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: NCBA FALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by LHSCHIORGOD » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:17 pm

IDK BUT I KNOW HOW'S NOT GOING TO WIN AND THAT'S LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL FROM STOCKTON, NOT TALKING BAD ON THEM BUT THEY JUST AREN'T THE BAND THEY USED TO BE. MAN THE NEW GUYS BLOW BIG TIME. THE SCHOOL BORD MAD A BIG MISTAKE WHEN THEY GOT THESE GUYS THERE A JOKE BUT NOT TO SAY ANY MORE BAD THINGS ABOUT THEM ILL END ON A GOOD NOTE AND SAY THAT LPO, OR FARE FILED COULD TAKE IT.
Edward Brown,
Percussion Director 2005- Present
Chef
Film Director

dceribales1

Post by dceribales1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:42 pm

um

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JenKozy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:08 pm

:shock: wow. Bitter much?
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

Sirsplitalot
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Sirsplitalot » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:22 pm

here is how i see it....

Rodriguez, if the snares can play clean. Lets be honest the snare drum as an instrument is the easiest the tick.

Benicia, if they've added more drill to the show

Vallejo, I actually havent seen their show to say anything........

not bethel, not enough musicality (sp?)... too much battery and no mallets at all..well you cant hear them play...
not fairfield, perfectly placed and played beats, but not enough....

lostchops
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lostchops » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:35 pm

I'd say Rodriguez. They have a really solid battery and the best pit on street in NCBA.... Not to mention they have the most musicality in their street show.

jay1300

Post by jay1300 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 pm

LHSCHIORGOD wrote:IDK BUT I KNOW HOW'S NOT GOING TO WIN AND THAT'S LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL FROM STOCKTON, NOT TALKING BAD ON THEM BUT THEY JUST AREN'T THE BAND THEY USED TO BE. MAN THE NEW GUYS BLOW BIG TIME. THE SCHOOL BORD MAD A BIG MISTAKE WHEN THEY GOT THESE GUYS THERE A JOKE BUT NOT TO SAY ANY MORE BAD THINGS ABOUT THEM ILL END ON A GOOD NOTE AND SAY THAT LPO, OR FARE FILED COULD TAKE IT.

first of all, these guys are good friends of mine. second, do you know where their staff came from? Benicia High School, Benicia Middle School, Del Oro High School, Monte Vista High School, McClatchy High School, and Mandarins Drum and Bugle Corps. they have a really good rep. so don't be hating on them. I've seen Lincoln on the street and it isn't anywhere near great but I'm guessing their probably rebuilding the program which is something Lincoln needs. and thanks for the mature hater comment. just cuz you got fired from a school doesnt mean that you can talk BS about them. a little immature if you ask me.

bighud1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bighud1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:44 pm

I think it's going to be between 4 schools, Granite Bay, Folsom, Foothill and McQueen. Sorry I don't have any parade thoughts, just the field show stuff, I am still in bed when the parade starts.

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:37 pm

I hope benicia will win and I think they have a pretty good chance. Other than that I think its gonna be a fight between benicia, rodriguez, bethel and fairfield. no specific order. But I definitely think it will be close. for sure.

JonBoo

ps. thanks jay1300 for lookin out.
BHS 2002-2006
Blue Devils B 2006
Sacramento Freelancers 2007-present
Sacramento Mandarins 2007-present

BMS Instructor 2003-2008
BHS Instructor 2006-present
El Dorado HS instructor 2008
Del Oro HS
Monte Vista HS
Lincoln HS

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Powerhouse08 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:15 pm

so i heard that at the Lincoln band review this weekend there was a drumline that played "8's" as their competition piece!!! :rotf:
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
Golden Valley High School 12-?

LHSCHIORGOD
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LHSCHIORGOD » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:41 pm

JenKozy wrote::shock: wow. Bitter much?
Not at all it's just what ii think and you try being fired from a school when you put in hours of hard work and see them go down the drain by not even getting a phone call to talk with the band director from the high school just an e-mail saying we don't need you and your staff any more. I like the Lincoln band i did go to school at Lincoln but i don't think there going to be Lincoln for a wile.
Edward Brown,
Chef
Film Director

LHSCHIORGOD
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LHSCHIORGOD » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Powerhouse08 wrote:so i heard that at the Lincoln band review this weekend there was a drumline that played "8's" as their competition piece!!! :rotf:
Yes a drumline did go down the street playing 8's but the kid's need the experience play in street comp, so don't be an ass and make fun because what if you rely wanted to drum in street comp and you never did when you were in high school and you asked your instructors and they said no until now when you get new guys who want the best for there kid's and want them to experience any and every aspect of drumming you can do in high school, OK so as i said don't be an ass, think of the kids.
Edward Brown,
Chef
Film Director

LHSCHIORGOD
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LHSCHIORGOD » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 pm

jay1300 wrote:
LHSCHIORGOD wrote:IDK BUT I KNOW HOW'S NOT GOING TO WIN AND THAT'S LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL FROM STOCKTON, NOT TALKING BAD ON THEM BUT THEY JUST AREN'T THE BAND THEY USED TO BE. MAN THE NEW GUYS BLOW BIG TIME. THE SCHOOL BORD MAD A BIG MISTAKE WHEN THEY GOT THESE GUYS THERE A JOKE BUT NOT TO SAY ANY MORE BAD THINGS ABOUT THEM ILL END ON A GOOD NOTE AND SAY THAT LPO, OR FARE FILED COULD TAKE IT.

first of all, these guys are good friends of mine. second, do you know where their staff came from? Benicia High School, Benicia Middle School, Del Oro High School, Monte Vista High School, McClatchy High School, and Mandarins Drum and Bugle Corps. they have a really good rep. so don't be hating on them. I've seen Lincoln on the street and it isn't anywhere near great but I'm guessing their probably rebuilding the program which is something Lincoln needs. and thanks for the mature hater comment. just cuz you got fired from a school doesnt mean that you can talk BS about them. a little immature if you ask me.
Oh the Mandarins from Sacramento, didn't they have the 2nd worst core in DCI this past year? Im not trying to be an ass but don't judge anyone from Lincoln just because there your buddy's one of the guys who worked there was the former drum major from Benicia high school and is vary good friends with the pit instructor from there home also went to Benica middle school too OK so they had good ppl working with they from the start and they just didn't want to work with ppl who know how to win. so sorry if i came down to hard on Lincoln high school because i had pride in my school and i had respect for them too but not now so take it how you want Im just not here to kiss there ass and baby them, any more Im still working with allot of good ppl who work at Lincoln but they just cant and wont be the Lincoln i was in and the Lincoln i grew up with so that's just me.
Edward Brown,
Chef
Film Director

Che!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Che! » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:53 pm

LHSCHIORGOD wrote:
jay1300 wrote:

Oh the Mandarins from Sacramento, didn't they have the 2nd worst core in DCI this past year? Im not trying to be an ass but don't judge anyone from Lincoln just because there your buddy's one of the guys who worked there was the former drum major from Benicia high school and is vary good friends with the pit instructor from there home also went to Benica middle school too OK so they had good ppl working with they from the start and they just didn't want to work with ppl who know how to win. so sorry if i came down to hard on Lincoln high school because i had pride in my school and i had respect for them too but not now so take it how you want Im just not here to kiss there ass and baby them, any more Im still working with allot of good ppl who work at Lincoln but they just cant and wont be the Lincoln i was in and the Lincoln i grew up with so that's just me.
its one thing to have pride and respect but this...not cool at all. :roll:

lostchops
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lostchops » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:15 am

LHSCHIORGOD wrote:
jay1300 wrote:

I can't even understand what you're trying to convey. Maybe proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation will get you some type of respectable reply on this forum. Oh, and one other thing... It's best not to use ALL CAPS in you signature. It's unnecessary.