Santa Cruz Band Review

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Santa Cruz Band Review

Post by Powerhouse08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:02 pm

I do not teach or perform with any group in the NCBA circuit. (as hard as it might be for some to believe that) And there are plenty of ways to find out scores.
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head

backtobasics05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by backtobasics05 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 am

Well now that we've successfully gotten off topic, can we get back to one of my first questions? Exactly what is the state of the Benicia High Drumline? Have they folded or are they just not ready yet?
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...

Blindman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blindman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:56 am

Benicia HS actually competed in percussion competition at the NCBA Cupertino Tournament of Bands a couple of weeks ago. There were no recordings of the percussions, but they got second place in front of Fairfield and behind Golden Valley that day.

backtobasics05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by backtobasics05 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:23 am

Very interesting... Thanks. Well then hopefully they bring some heat to Foothill. It seems like this weekend is going to be the first time everyone will be together to compete. I'm all of a sudden getting very excited about this weekend. Maybe it's time to change this thread to who people think is going to take it this weekend at Foothill.
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...

Slaphappy7
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Slaphappy7 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:22 am

Anyone have a list of who's playing what and their #'s

Follow us on twitter and friend us on Facebook!

http://twitter.com/SFRenegades

http://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoRenegades

lauralou030

Post by lauralou030 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:48 am

I saw this happen on the marching band boards too.. no ones talking about Franklin Elk Grove, but they've been performing well so far.. any thoughts?

waffles

Post by waffles » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:39 pm

I don't know about Franklin of Elk Grove because Elk Grove High School smashed them at Lodi. I think it was because at Santa Cruz band review, Elk Grove had no drill but was just clean, now since they've added drill and still stay clean they are looking good :)

lostchops
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lostchops » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 am

waffles wrote:I don't know about Franklin of Elk Grove because Elk Grove High School smashed them at Lodi. I think it was because at Santa Cruz band review, Elk Grove had no drill but was just clean, now since they've added drill and still stay clean they are looking good :)

I don't consider a 1.1 point spread between Elk Grove and Franklin (E.G.) "smashing" another drumline. Especially when you consider that Elk Grove was beat by Golden Valley by 2.7 points. With your loose use of the word "smashed", you could further loosely say that Golden Valley "served" Elk Grove. :roll:

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by baritoneplayer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:57 am

lostchops wrote:
waffles wrote:I don't know about Franklin of Elk Grove because Elk Grove High School smashed them at Lodi. I think it was because at Santa Cruz band review, Elk Grove had no drill but was just clean, now since they've added drill and still stay clean they are looking good :)

I don't consider a 1.1 point spread between Elk Grove and Franklin (E.G.) "smashing" another drumline. Especially when you consider that Elk Grove was beat by Golden Valley by 2.7 points. With your loose use of the word "smashed", you could further loosely say that Golden Valley "served" Elk Grove. :roll:
Tennis anyone!!! :lol:

lauralou030

Post by lauralou030 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm not sure what others are playing, but I know for sure that Franklin EG's is an orignial composition written by one of the outgoing seniors on the line.

patrickn

Post by patrickn » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Wow, I should have taken the warnings about this site seriously. There was no "smashing" at Lodi, and GV won (congrats). The important thing is that a lot of lines have stepped up this year, which is very cool
FHS (EG) Section Leader
FHS (EG) Center Snare
FHS (EG) Fall Composer (08)
FHS (EG) Spirit Commissioner :)

tooweird
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tooweird » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:47 pm

benicia definitely stepped it up this year. it was apparent in their foothill video...actual movements instead of nothing
Mark L.
Archbishop Riordan Crusader Marching Band (04-07)
Colorguard Instructor

ckxdc

Post by ckxdc » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:18 am

Powerhouse08 wrote:why would i be bitter? it was my opinion. I wasnt competing. My group wasnt competing. No one i knew was competing. I just said they sounded very dirty.
I agree. A lot of people on this forum thinks comments about other groups mean you are bitter. Lets keep it real. Dirty is dirty. Clean is clean. Call it how you see it. Doesn't mean the kids aren't working hard or the staff isn't either.

REdrumZ

Post by REdrumZ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:51 pm

ckxdc wrote:
I agree. A lot of people on this forum thinks comments about other groups mean you are bitter. Lets keep it real. Dirty is dirty. Clean is clean. Call it how you see it. Doesn't mean the kids aren't working hard or the staff isn't either.
this is probably the truest statement ive ever read on these boards. forget the hype, its all about execution. clean is clean. dirt is dirt. someone saying a line was dirty isnt hate, it just means that they didnt have a well executed show that day.