World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Recruitment and audition threads
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:00 pm 
Until Dave has time to implement his revisions to the new layout of WOP, please try and follow these simple guidelines when posting:

1 - Please keep relative recruitment and audition threads to a single thread/topic. There is no need to keep posting new topics about the same event each week.

2 - Please do not bump your own thread for the sake of bumping. If it's on the front page, there is simply no need. If you have new and important updates for that thread; by all means, go for it.

3 - I understand that WOP isn't as active as it once was. To flood these forums with recruitment, auditions, and for sale threads just makes it worse.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Added by BttrDrummerThanU (Mod)

4 - I have cleaned house and deleted any recruitment/audition threads for events that have already taken place. Don't get cranky. If you have another event to announce, post it.

Post subject: Re: Recruitment and audition threads
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Dave,

I like the way you work!

~Annette

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any possible changes to the "layout" would NOT effect the posting privileges of any members on the forum or how threads would be displayed. The "layout" is the graphic design of the website is and some of the other functions outside the forum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:06 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I think he was referring to the layout changes you spoke about years ago but never followed through on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

cymtech wrote:
I think he was referring to the layout changes you spoke about years ago but never followed through on.

More like my eyes were bigger than my stomach... an old saying that parents used when their kids couldn't eat all food they put on their dinner plate. Overhauling this site turned out to be WAY more complex than I first thought. I couldn't find free or paid scripts that would do exactly what I wanted to do. The hard part is getting everything to work with the phpBB forum software, when they upgraded to version 3 they did a complete re-write of the structural backbone of the script. But now the scripts I want seem to be available, if I can just make myself sit down and dig in with both hands on the keyboard. It will still call for a lot of customized PHP programming by yours truely! Luckily I have learned a thing or three in the last couple years. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Dave, thanks for all you do to provide this website!

Bandmaster wrote:
cymtech wrote:

More like my eyes were bigger than my stomach... an old saying that parents used when their kids couldn't eat all food they put on their dinner plate. Overhauling this site turned out to be WAY more complex than I first thought. I couldn't find free or paid scripts that would do exactly what I wanted to do. The hard part is getting everything to work with the phpBB forum software, when they upgraded to version 3 they did a complete re-write of the structural backbone of the script. But now the scripts I want seem to be available, if I can just make myself sit down and dig in with both hands on the keyboard. It will still call for a lot of customized PHP programming by yours truely! Luckily I have learned a thing or three in the last couple years. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:36 pm 

Bandmaster wrote:
Any possible changes to the "layout" would NOT effect the posting privileges comparateur assurance chat of any members on the forum or how threads would be displayed. The "layout" is the graphic design of the website is and some of the other functions outside the forum.

Hello!
This is my first time here and i just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.
Thanks!

Profile E-mail