Northview Show

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

shorty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Northview Show

Post by shorty » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:33 pm

The goods? The bads? The awesomes? Hahah, what are your thoughts?

Black Knights -- definatly the awesome.
INTENSITY<3

old double reeder
New Recruit
New Recruit

Black Knights

Post by old double reeder » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:33 pm

At the risk of totally getting flamed...

With an audience that has FAMILIES watching...this show is NOT for young children. I've sat alongside parents who were new to the winterguard arena this year who were shocked that this was appropriate for this sport.

I've been sitting through guard comps in Southern California for many, many years. Maybe it's time to be putiing ratings on shows - this show wouldn't be "G".

This is a talented group of young people. Their obvious hard work is evident; they're definitely in a class by themselves.

I don't know if there is an answer - shows being rated sounds crazy - but the parental crowd at the El Rancho, Westlake, and Northview comps were dismayed that "in the name of art", this show hadn't been toned down.

totherescue
Veteran
Veteran

Post by totherescue » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:10 pm

ok...art is art....no boundries! the whole point of art is to express yourself . and if the show would be toned down i think it would lose its edge! they arent the only guard out there with a show like that. and they arent exactly the first guard to ever do a show that explores other realms of behavior. the problem is that people get use to seeing certian types of shows and when something new and thought provoking comes along people critisize it and dont except it for what it is.
i personally have been involved in making a couple of controversial shows and you know what... i wouldnt change a thing that i did either. why? because the next year people always seem to start heading in that direction, and it became more exceptable! you see.... i hate people that will talk crap about someones show ( parent, student , or instructor) but then turn around the next year and do ( perform, let thier child perform, or design) what they were so butt hurt about the year before!!!!!!!
in short GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
black knights are diva and you know it. and this thread wouldnt have been started if you didnt feel the same way!!!!!!!!!!!!

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

What's is so bad with Black Knight's show?

Post by crfrey71 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:16 pm

I seen nothing wrong with the Black Knights show. I love it!

raul123
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by raul123 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:53 pm

black knights are divas!!! shout outs to alex, miguel, steven and tawny!!!

and the schurr girls, wow! best of skill for the rest of the season!!!

Agtbepie06

black knights

Post by Agtbepie06 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:38 pm

Black Knights kicks butt. :bow: Good luck in vegas. :cheers: I totally love the girl in purple, does anyone know her name she is hot.

bestimever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bestimever » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:52 pm

thanks bout our show.... patty is the one in the purple and for those that want to know amber is in the blue and adrianna in the pink
moorpark high school guard 01-04
rose parade 04
mystikal drum and bugle corps 04 (charter member)
black knights 05
Impulse drum and bugle corps 05
Jade 06 (charter member)

shorty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by shorty » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:49 pm

^ haha! Amber was hot! (:
INTENSITY<3