What did you think of the show at Rancho Cucamonga?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

capt.riflediva
New Recruit
New Recruit

What did you think of the show at Rancho Cucamonga?

Post by capt.riflediva » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:05 am

For all the people that went to the Rancho Cucamonga show on Saturday, give me some feed back. Which were your favorite shows?

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:12 am

i reallllllllly love El Dorado's show! It is SO cute!!!! and Ramona's show is quite creepy to watch, i like it. Little Rocks show was really cute, and i liked Rancho Cucamonga's show also.
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

riflediva4life12
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by riflediva4life12 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:19 pm

i always like lealta's how and i also liked valencia's they are awesome!!!! my group did good. i really wanted to see that one monkey/spider show. that looked cool @ awards!!!

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

ramona

Post by RifleLova » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:09 pm

riflediva4life12 wrote:i always like lealta's how and i also liked valencia's they are awesome!!!! my group did good. i really wanted to see that one monkey/spider show. that looked cool @ awards!!!
You mean Ramona's spider show? It is pretty good! I liked it when I saw it a month ago.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:23 pm

handgunsandsecondchances wrote:i reallllllllly love El Dorado's show! It is SO cute!!!! and Ramona's show is quite creepy to watch, i like it. Little Rocks show was really cute, and i liked Rancho Cucamonga's show also.
really? thanks so much! which did you see, the JV or the Varsity?
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

Cuca show rocked!

Post by crfrey71 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:31 pm

The show at Cuca was great! Arcadia was almost flawless! I was the non-official photographer at the show, with the buzz cut, and younger (33 years old). It will take me atleast a week to get these photos up. I went to the show at Poway HS the night before. So, I am behind. Just check back at my link every now and then, to see winterguard photos for your viewing pleasure.

http://crfrey71.smugmug.com/Winter+Guard

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:55 pm

Arcadia has great back hands, wow were they good. And I have a question did anyone think that ED's winter guard varsity show was the same music as their field show. I thought it was weird when I saw their show, but it was a cool show

I also loved Corona's show. They are going to do very well in Ohio....And I love that girl in the back with her solo on flag in the beging of the show....Go Corona
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

corkie
Rookie
Rookie

Good ears!

Post by corkie » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:32 pm

You have good ears!

Actually, we had picked that music last winter before the band director chose it for the field show. Even after the band decided to do it, we went with it anyway. The approach is very different (examples: we did not use rifles during this song on the field, and we are being literal with the story line compared to what we did on the field).

Since we were not able to start teaching the winter show until after January 9th (Rose Parade and Band Fest rehearsals ate all our time in December), it seemed smart to use a piece of music that the kids were already familiar with. We did cut it MUCH differently than the band arrangement.

I had contacted Gordon Goodwin (the composer) last summer to ask him about the music we were using for field season. His response was that "Hunting Wabbits" is supposed to be a "fun quirky romp", and is inspired by his days as a composer for Warner Brothers cartoons.

You have earned your set of Wabbit ears for your excellent memory and hearing!

Corkie
EDHS instructor

ProtoManAP
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ProtoManAP » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:27 pm

Survivor wrote:Arcadia has great back hands, wow were they good. And I have a question did anyone think that ED's winter guard varsity show was the same music as their field show. I thought it was weird when I saw their show, but it was a cool show

I also loved Corona's show. They are going to do very well in Ohio....And I love that girl in the back with her solo on flag in the beging of the show....Go Corona
Thanks, it takes a while to get those backhands to look the way they are now. I'm really proud of us just because backhands is a thing that us kids write, and not poses our director (george) tells us to do. All original thought up ideas =)
crfrey71 wrote:The show at Cuca was great! Arcadia was almost flawless! I was the non-official photographer at the show, with the buzz cut, and younger (33 years old). It will take me atleast a week to get these photos up. I went to the show at Poway HS the night before. So, I am behind. Just check back at my link every now and then, to see winterguard photos for your viewing pleasure.
Lol, thanks, its great to hear that people like our show. Makes us want to work so much harder to perform to everyone =)
Arcadia High School Scholastic World

ColorGuard
WinterGuard

My Xanga

Mondo India ~ 2003
The Other Side ~ 2004
A Movement Of Mallets and Marimba ~ 2005
(no show title as of yet) ~ 2006

CgiSmYLiFe_10
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CgiSmYLiFe_10 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:36 pm

I went. I liked upland, and rancho's show was really good, i enjoyed watching el dorado-that was an awesome show! also i like arcadia world- my god they are so good and those backhands :shock:

did anyone else think that rancho cucamonga hs is a really beautiful campus and the area is so nice (but very expensive!) i'd love to live in that area.

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:07 pm

RifleDiva wrote:
handgunsandsecondchances wrote:i reallllllllly love El Dorado's show! It is SO cute!!!! and Ramona's show is quite creepy to watch, i like it. Little Rocks show was really cute, and i liked Rancho Cucamonga's show also.

I saw the varsity guard, but i was curious as to what the JV guards show is, just cause i thought it was SO cute how when your JV guard helps, they wear little bunny ears and bow-ties and stuff.... WAY CUTE!

you guys always have such cute shows!
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:20 pm

handgunsandsecondchances wrote:
RifleDiva wrote:

I saw the varsity guard, but i was curious as to what the JV guards show is, just cause i thought it was SO cute how when your JV guard helps, they wear little bunny ears and bow-ties and stuff.... WAY CUTE!

you guys always have such cute shows!
Thanks so much! Yeah, our JV surprised us with the bunny ears at the Rancho Cucamonga show. We had no idea they were going to do that, but I thought it was great! Did you notice the tails? Their show has nothing to do with rabbits actually. I don't really know how to describe it, but it's called "cool duck time" by I think Poncho Sanchez or something like that, but they are so great at what they do. They got first in their division; I was sooooo proud of them!
see ya in vegas!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

guardgurl4ever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardgurl4ever » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:11 pm

I loves Lealta's show and I think it was Ramona who did the spider one. La Quinta had a great one. There was so much energy in it that I couldn't help but like them. And I agree. Those backhands were awesome.
"I know I can do it," Tod Downy said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl. "I'm sure that in time her death will be a mystery, even to me."