2005 West Power Regional and other Winterguard Photos Here!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

weaponsRfun
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by weaponsRfun » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:29 am

i really hope that you're able to continue taking pictures and that you'll be able to sell them. you took some amazing pics of me at the power regional and i was so excited to be able to buy them. do you know which WGASC events you will be at this season?
~Woodbridge HS Color Guard
2002- Time after Time
2003-It Spins us Around
2004- Pacific 231
2005- Master of Suspense

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

were you able to?

Post by crfrey71 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:34 pm

were you able to buy them? I don't see any Woodbridge photos that have been purchased. I am mostly at the WGASC events in the San Diego area. Took some last night at Eastlake HS. I saw you had a great performance at Costa Mesa. 79+ score. Great job!

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

Working on the Eastlake Photos

Post by crfrey71 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:50 pm

Just wanted to add, I am working on the photos from the WGASC San Diego Invitational, held at Eastlake High School, on March 5th. It will take atleast a few days, before I am completely finished.

These photos will not be as good as the prior images, as my Canon EOS 20D dSLR camera is in the shop for calibration. Therefore, I was using my Canon Digital Rebel. The Rebel is much slower in every aspect. It is not a great camera for action. So I hope you all understand. I hope to have it back for the next WGASC event, at Poway, this Friday.

bangla
New Recruit
New Recruit

great pix

Post by bangla » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:08 pm

those pictures were really awesome.... you should come up to Northern CA for the CCGC Championships March 26th (last Sat of this month) and take and sell your action photos. A lot of people would buy them since a lot of guards don't go to regionals!!!!! Please!!!!!

yellow
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by yellow » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:02 am

speaking of great photos...

When is Sue Johnson going to take some pictures? She always has awesome photos and she's here for all us Nor Cal guards. Someone should ask her to do CCGC Championships. The smug mug ones are great too, and I'd love to see Mr. Frey up here also, but that's a long trip from San Diego to Hayward....

But thanks for the great pics from the regional! It's a shame you weren't able to sell them.

weaponsRfun
New Recruit
New Recruit

i tried

Post by weaponsRfun » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:46 pm

i wanted to buy a few of them, but i couldn't find that option on the page. :oops:
and thank you very much for the compliment. we probably won't be at any of the competitions you'll be shooting at, we don't make it down to San Diego this year i believe :(
take care, and keep up the great photography!!!!
~Woodbridge HS Color Guard
2002- Time after Time
2003-It Spins us Around
2004- Pacific 231
2005- Master of Suspense

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

San Diego Invitational Photos (1st half) posted

Post by crfrey71 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:06 pm

I have the first half of the San Diego Invitational photos posted online now:

http://crfrey71.smugmug.com/Winter+Guard

These were taken on March 5th, at Eastlake HS. These are all the regional divisions.

Again, these are not as good, since my prime camera is in the reapir shop getting calibrated. So these photos are so-so, IMO.

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

San Diego Invitational Photos Finished

Post by crfrey71 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:41 pm

I have finally finished the photos from the San Diego Invitational, from last weekend at Eastlake HS. I went to the Poway show this past Friday night and the Rancho Cucamonga Invitational Saturday night. So I have many photos to go through.

http://crfrey71.smugmug.com/Winter+Guard[/url]

Allen
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Allen » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:45 pm

Thanks for the great photos! I can't wait for the Rancho Cucamonga Invitational ones. :)

ProtoManAP
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ProtoManAP » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:29 pm

Allen wrote:Thanks for the great photos! I can't wait for the Rancho Cucamonga Invitational ones. :)
Me too!! I'm excited =)
Arcadia High School Scholastic World

ColorGuard
WinterGuard

My Xanga

Mondo India ~ 2003
The Other Side ~ 2004
A Movement Of Mallets and Marimba ~ 2005
(no show title as of yet) ~ 2006