shows u LOVE this year...

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

shorty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by shorty » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:57 pm

I LOVE YOU RICH. YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. (from reading what you wrote)
INTENSITY<3

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:48 pm

Survivor wrote:
RifleDiva wrote:well, last weekend I went to the power regional, and I really enjoyed Pride, Northern Lights, Raiders, RB, James Logan, Valencia, Chino Hills, and Arcadia. That's what I can remember off the top of my head. I'm going to get to see more this weekend, so hopefully my list will increase!
I did not get to see chino hills and Valencia. I heard that Valencia's show is very good this year. And what about Chino Hills what are they in A? do you mean Chino (two differnt high schools same district)
Valencia's show is really good this year, they totally kick butt!
But I was rereading my post and I realized I made a mistake. I meant to say that I like Chino's show. I'm talking about Chino open. I haven't seen chino hills yet, so I have no opinion about their show. sorry about the confusion!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

mv_sabre_chick
New Recruit
New Recruit

Corona

Post by mv_sabre_chick » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:33 pm

Corona- wow that was pretty cool how they tossed walked under the benches things and caught i was impressed. they are a pretty good buch of people there, just some stupid mistakes that like everyone has but i can really see them comming out on top this year especially cause they are known now.
Yeah, that toss was so cool! And yeah... they make a lot of mistakes, but it's because they're work is so hard! They do the craziest tricks, so you really have to give it up for them. I mean, that's their style... Kind of how some guards have a heavy focus on tosses, I think Corona works on their trick tosses and handling types of things. But yeah, I hope that they keep getting better, because they are very talented people... I hope to see them doing really well soon!
Making my entrance again with my usual flair...

flagintheair

I really like...

Post by flagintheair » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:35 pm

I am totally in love with Esperanza de Luz this year. Their show is really pretty and I am amazed by what they do on their rainbow floor. I'm a big fan of that filipino guy that spins sabre. What's his name? Anybody know?

Thanks,

jojoguardo

Post by jojoguardo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:29 pm

I like Pride, I can't believe they are done so soon in the season and I love their show concept. NL does some crazy stuff so it's cool to watch but it's no different than last year. I think Fantasia is always one step ahead of the game with their originality. Their show stood out the most amongst everyone else's because they were different. I can't wait to see them when their show is done!! And once agiain, I love Esperanza De Luz!!! I am also really glad to see Logan doing something different and still be the crap!!

jojoguardo

Post by jojoguardo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:32 pm

I meant to say Logan is still the s*@t..but the computer edited my bad langauge. Sorry!!!

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:07 pm

[/quote]WHAT IS THE THEME FOR BENICIA MS?
[quote]

i think their show is "black spot" by sting or something. it's an 80/90s song... "mini george" (thas what some of us vallejo folks call him, cause, well we know george, and he reminds us of george when he was in high school) i love his stage presence. what's his name? i completely adore him!

pitchick00
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pitchick00 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:11 pm

oh yea, and i love logan, independence, jefferson high schools...benicia ms... in motion and raiders world. i have yet to see more, since i haven't been to another show since hayward regionals (that was still called hayward regionals even tho it was at logan hs...hahaha)

bartok2112

Benica's msuic

Post by bartok2112 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:02 am

Benicia's music is "King of Pain" by the Police. Huge hit from the mid 1980s.

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:51 am

lol mini george is garrett.
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

surfrose

Re: I really like...

Post by surfrose » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:50 am

flagintheair wrote:I am totally in love with Esperanza de Luz this year. Their show is really pretty and I am amazed by what they do on their rainbow floor. I'm a big fan of that filipino guy that spins sabre. What's his name? Anybody know?

Thanks,
His name is Patrick--you mean the Filipino one, right, not the really tall one? Patrick is sort of mediumish. Louis is the tall Mexican one.
:)

CGDiva05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CGDiva05 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:23 am

Oh that guy is Patrick. He helped out with our guard a few years ago.
"The Red vs. Blue players present a Franklin Donut play, written and directed by Franklin Donut in association with light red danish productions..."

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

Re: favorite shows

Post by RifleLova » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:28 pm

RifleLova wrote:Favorite shows: Pride of Cincinatti and San Jose Raiders and Rancho Bernardo
I've changed my mind. The year has progressed and now I have decided my favorite shows are Pride of Cincinatti and Northern Lights.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JenKozy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:20 pm

Raiders all the way.

I missed Nothern Lights and Fantasia this year since they decided to forgo the Logan Regional... was very unhappy that I didn't get to see them, since that regional is the only one in NorCal. Sigh. But Raiders are awesome this year. They keep getting better and better. Any one know what Pride is up to?
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:13 pm

I really like Black Knights show this year-- not only because Mark was my coach last summer, and the fact that I know 6 people on the team--but because it's a really great show. I can't wait to see them perform again.
Impulse Drum & Bugle Corps
Color Guard '04

Los Angeles All-District Honor Band
Coach 2004-2005