Mt. Carmel
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 24

rockinoutguard

Sa

Post by rockinoutguard » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:06 am

Who do you think will win WGASC for Scholastic A?
Last edited by rockinoutguard on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:55 pm

i think it's a little bit hard to tell as of right now. It's early in the season, you never know who could jump up out of nowhere. But it will sure be exciting to see what happens.
Scholastic A is soooo competitive this year. Every year it gets more competitive.
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

ChipperSlipper

Post by ChipperSlipper » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:31 pm

I definitely agree. I'd like to see Arcadia's show. I've heard a lot of good things about it. It seems like the tables have really turned between last year and this year though. Several of the teams that were on top last year aren't this year since they lost seniors and stuff like that. It's sad how that happens...
"Pacific 231" - 2004
"Master of Suspense" - 2005

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:17 pm

ChipperSlipper wrote:I definitely agree. I'd like to see Arcadia's show. I've heard a lot of good things about it. It seems like the tables have really turned between last year and this year though. Several of the teams that were on top last year aren't this year since they lost seniors and stuff like that. It's sad how that happens...
Speak of the devil!!! I'm really afraid for next year, we have eight seniors leaving and six are on weapon line. We're going to be crazy young next year; again. Four seniors and seven juniors, assuming more of the juniors don't quit. I'm afraid!!

But to actually be on topic - I have no idea. I never see anyone's shows because that's just how our schedule works. It'd be really cool if all three of my instructor's schools won again, like we did last year. FV, TH, and Loara. It was just cool last year because our instructor (Laura) cried so much. hehehe that sounds mean
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:46 pm

I wouldn't say I cried SO MUCH. I got a little misty but I was really proud of all of my schools for working so hard. I have no shame in my happy tears!

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:10 pm

yeah and you have no shame in feeding us hard working kids nasty granola thingies either!
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Hey, I just wanted to point something out. In your poll, you only listed 9 colorguards, but if you look at the WGASC website, there are over 30 colorguards competing in the SA division at prelims. Now granted, not all of them go to finals, but I wanted to warn you that the excluding of some guards has chance to upset people. Personally, it doesn't bother me a bit, just be forewarned that others may not feel the same way.
I think I am going to wait until I see some SA shows before I make any judgment calls, it seems too early in the season (to me) to really tell who will "win" in April.
Best of Luck to everyone competing at either the Aliso Niguel competition or the Westlake competition! Can't wait to see all of your shows, I've been hearing some really good things about a lot of people! (I'm going to the Aliso Niguel show by the way)
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:57 pm

[quote="flagratgirl"]yeah and you have no shame in feeding us hard working kids nasty granola thingies either![/quote]

I just wanted to make sure you were eating properly. It's the same reason why I raid your rooms and eat your candy on trips...so your getting your vitamins and staying away from the evil chocolate :twisted: Aren't you glad I'm looking out for you? :D :D :D