WGI Power Regional SB

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Sam
New Recruit
New Recruit

WGI Power Regional SB

Post by Sam » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:00 pm

I enjoyed all the shows. I was disappointed in the lighting at SB and how WGI handled the parking. I went on Saturday early and had to pay $5. When I went to lunch and came back it was $3. That sucks for all the people who went early (including me). I also think that the lighting was really bad and probably contributed to a lot of groups drops. Also I was not able to see a lot of the groups floors because of the glare. What do you guys think?

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

I agree!

Post by crfrey71 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:33 am

Parking was ridiculous! $5 for parking. I didn't know you had to pay$3 when you came back. What a rip-off, especially on a day when it was really raining hard in the morning. The parking lots and campus was like a small stream.

The lighting was really bad. It wasn't even lighting (the ends were quite a bit dimmer). There was a lot of glare and that type of lighting really dulls the color, especially skin tones. I took photos all day at the event. I had to add deep-red to most of the photos, because the skin tones and color were dull, from the arena lighting. I was surprised, for a college, that lighting wasn't better than that.

Anyways, I really liked the Black Knights. They were the bomb!

DoItGooder1

Yea

Post by DoItGooder1 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:55 pm

Yea when we watched our tape you couldn't even see our floor and you could barely see us! It was awful!!

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Yea

Post by crfrey71 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:15 pm

DoItGooder1 wrote:Yea when we watched our tape you couldn't even see our floor and you could barely see us! It was awful!!
Which winterguard group were you?

ajacobs
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ajacobs » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:45 pm

WOW, what a difference. I photographed the event and I thought the lighting was great. I got some really great images. It was my first time at at WGI colorguard event and I was very impressed with the performances.

The images of Ramona HS with the spiders were especially good. I shot for Bateman so I can't post any adjusted images, but the directional lighting made for some really good shots.

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crfrey71 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:50 pm

ajacobs wrote:WOW, what a difference. I photographed the event and I thought the lighting was great. I got some really great images. It was my first time at at WGI colorguard event and I was very impressed with the performances.

The images of Ramona HS with the spiders were especially good. I shot for Bateman so I can't post any adjusted images, but the directional lighting made for some really good shots.
Hey Adrian! It was nice meeting you at the event. How did Bateman find you and Lisa and hire you for that event? Just curious.

ProtoManAP
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ProtoManAP » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:15 am

It was ok, could have better, tossing wise, it wasn't so bad.
Arcadia High School Scholastic World

ColorGuard
WinterGuard

My Xanga

Mondo India ~ 2003
The Other Side ~ 2004
A Movement Of Mallets and Marimba ~ 2005
(no show title as of yet) ~ 2006

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

Great Job Arcadia @ Rancho Cucamonga

Post by crfrey71 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:21 am

Arcadia was amazing tonight at Rancho Cucamonga! I was the younger photographer at the event, by the way.

ProtoManAP
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Great Job Arcadia @ Rancho Cucamonga

Post by ProtoManAP » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:32 am

crfrey71 wrote:Arcadia was amazing tonight at Rancho Cucamonga! I was the younger photographer at the event, by the way.
Ooo, i see, probably saw you =)
Arcadia High School Scholastic World

ColorGuard
WinterGuard

My Xanga

Mondo India ~ 2003
The Other Side ~ 2004
A Movement Of Mallets and Marimba ~ 2005
(no show title as of yet) ~ 2006