so any reviews from west power regional

Post by guardboi » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:44 pm

anybody have a detailed review from regionals

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:51 pm

the show was awesome,
i think it was.... Pride of Cincinatti that had the floor with the bumper stickers..
i liked that floor.. i just wish there wasnt such a glare on the floor so i could see what all the bumper stickers were
that was cool though, i <3'ed it
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

ChipperSlipper

Great competition

Post by ChipperSlipper » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:05 pm

I thought Pride's show was really well done. Loved Northern Lights, but it didn't look like their show was finished to me. I really liked Fantasia's show, couldn't tell if there was a specific theme or whatever, but I liked it.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

my top IW guard recap

Post by RifleLova » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:14 pm

I really loved Northern Lights and their whole "shawshank redemption" theme, they never cease to amaze me!! I also loved Price of Cincinatti!! They're so amazing, I can definitely understand why they won this regional. I'm definitely surprised with Oracle, they're must better than I thought and Fantasia didn't do as well as I thought but then again, that was slightly expected.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:15 am

So no one on this stie thinks that San Jose Raiders should have won....well I think they should have. Wow what a cool them and music....the floor idea was nice just need to work on it.....
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

i personally loved the SW

Post by guardboi » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 am

how well trained these schools are

i absolutely loved diamond bar wasn't a fan till this year.. what an agressive weapons book.. my gosh

arcadia wow go get them just intense and i wonder how they aren't tired

pomona so emotional

rancho bernardo damn it was super super cool loved the double time

clovis west wasn't ithink as agressive as the other shows just very subtle

James Logan what can i say diva diva diva dance weapons flag everything
they embody guard

Rich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rich » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:11 pm

i had a horrid headache and had a long drive home so i left after Northern lights. everyone i saw in ind. world was good but NOONE impressed me like san jose raiders. i think a tear fell, it kinda got to me. it was like beyond beautiful or something. when i left i knew they had taken the division so far. Really wanted to see pride...guess ill see um in vegas.

ilikeguard

Clovis West

Post by ilikeguard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:11 pm

What does everyone think about Clovis West's score and placement? It went down a lot from the Hayward regional.

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

clovis just didn't do it for me this year

Post by guardboi » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:29 pm

there weapons were strong but not as hard or tricky as the other sw groups..

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:44 pm

hey did everyone see this:

WGI Guard Name week Regional Score Projected WGI Score Block or Post Block
1 James Logan HS 3 89.30 101.3 BLOCK
2 Beyer HS 2 84.50 98.5 BLOCK
3 Avon 2 80.60 94.6 BLOCK
4 Miamisburg 2 80.50 94.5 BLOCK
5 Pomona HS 3 80.20 92.2 BLOCK
6 Arcadia HS 3 79.55 91.6
7 Stoneman Douglas HS 3 78.90 90.9 POST
8 Center Grove HS 2 77.10 91.1 POST
9 Tarpon Springs HS 3 76.30 88.3
10 Flanagan HS 1 75.80 91.8 POST
11 Centerville HS 2 75.60 89.6 POST
12 Choctawhatchee HS 3 74.50 86.5
13 Tate HS 3 74.20 86.2
14 Clovis West HS 3 73.60 85.6 BLOCK
15 Rancho Bernardo HS 3 73.45 85.5
16 The Woodlands HS 3 73.10 85.1
17 Northview HS 2 73.00 87.0
18 Diamond Bar HS 3 72.30 84.3
19 Leigh HS 2 72.30 86.3
20 Crestview HS 3 71.10 83.1

Logan's projected core is 101.3!!
No regrets

mv_sabre_chick
New Recruit
New Recruit

About that whole projected score thing...

Post by mv_sabre_chick » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:45 pm

Haha... Well wouldn't that be somethin' else.... But the weekly projected scores are just the scores that, hypothetically, would be achieved if each team increased their score by 2.00 at every subsequent competition. So it's really just kind of an estimate based off of the most recent WGI score. As much as we all think that James Logan might be that good, I don't think they'll actually get a 101.3, hehe. But wouldn't that be absolutely wild? :D And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the highest score ever achieved was and who it was?

I also just wanted to say that the competition was absoluetely FIERCE this weekend! Omg, it was intense. I mean, who'd have guessed how everything came out in IW? Not me... Let me tell 'ya, I was pretty surprised by some of the placings and the point spreads, and I don't think I was the only one. And coming from SO, there is no denying that there was a lot of tension all weekend long... Wow.

But everyone did such a great job... I'm so so impressed by how well most guards are doing so early in the season..! Imagine what the scores are going to be like at championships (you've already seen JL's score and Pride's too...)!!

Anyway, great weekend, and great job everyone!! :mrgreen:
Making my entrance again with my usual flair...

sabrechic72

Post by sabrechic72 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:28 pm

haha 101.3 now wouldn't that be fun! as for now we're still trying to beat 2001's 98.8...

for what few guards i got to see...wow..absolutely amazing. i've heard good things about chino and they must have been true seeing how they placed! kinda confused about in motion during retreat when they were ia since i thought they were moving up to open class...fantasia interesting as always..oracle! out of the cuts! very impressed and i loved their flag feature..northern lights awesome as always..great show...raiders gets so much better everytime i see them..and of course pride. thumbs up!
You're sabre is like your baby...what the hell would you be doing dropping your child!?

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:30 pm

Clovis West's show was just not impressive to me. I did not like the fact that there was not rifle....and there was not build to there music. When it got going and I started to injoy the show it was over. I hope they do something to change that.....

Arcadia very nice I think that they should have movement behind thir backdrops since you can see shadows cool I think...

RB wow very differnt from past years nice wepon just chatch and it will be a lot better....(to many drops in my opinon)

and DB sorry to say I think they should have stayed in Open....After seeing them first on sat. and then waching Arcadia there was just no way they could match the other world guards no way. There wepon work "may" be hard but come on they wont get scored if they can't catch it.....and no one and I mean no one should be droping flags in a world guard...

my thoughts sorry if u did not like them
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

mv_sabre_chick
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mv_sabre_chick » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:38 pm

Oh yeah... Just wanted to comment on some of the shows we saw (they were all world because we didn't watch anything before our own division or in IO).

Arcadia... Amazing, amazing team. They are such wonderful dancers, and I just wanted to compliment them on their backhand feature.... That was really neat! Rancho Bernardo's show was so fun, kind of James Loganesque... But Logan kind of broke the mold that they've had the past few years (not to say that they're shows haven't been really enjoyable). Their show this year is so different from the past few years. I loved it. It was really good..! Pomona's show was so beautifully written, and wow, what a strong color guard. All the IW teams have great shows going for them. Northern Lights once again blew everyone away (who can say no to an amazing all-weapon feature full of ridiculously good-looking men?). Pride's show was just so fabulous; what can I say?? San Jose Raiders have a really really cute show... I mean just adorable. Fantasia's was really neat and I loved it...

Wow, just a lot of really great shows this year! What more is there to say? It's going to be a crazy season...! Best of luck to you all as we all start improving!! :D
Making my entrance again with my usual flair...

sabrechic72

Post by sabrechic72 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 pm

mv_sabre_chick wrote:Northern Lights once again blew everyone away (who can say no to an amazing all-weapon feature full of ridiculously good-looking men?)
ya got that straight!
You're sabre is like your baby...what the hell would you be doing dropping your child!?