so any reviews from west power regional

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:19 am

sabrechic72 wrote:
mv_sabre_chick wrote:Northern Lights once again blew everyone away (who can say no to an amazing all-weapon feature full of ridiculously good-looking men?)
ya got that straight!
well said.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

ilikeguard

Post by ilikeguard » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 am

I think the highest score a guard ever received at WGI was Blue Devils back in 96, with a score of 99.55. CRAZY! And I don't think it's really possible to go over 100, as far as I know.

rifledude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rifledude » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:20 am

Not that i dont like the world class groups (i really do luv them), but does anyone have any reviews of a/ia and open/io class groups

Rich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rich » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:21 pm

Survivor wrote: and DB sorry to say I think they should have stayed in Open....After seeing them first on sat. and then waching Arcadia there was just no way they could match the other world guards no way. There wepon work "may" be hard but come on they wont get scored if they can't catch it.....and no one and I mean no one should be droping flags in a world guard...
UMM.......NO!

im sorry but when yer spinning flags with your neck and catching rifles and sabres with your feet u BELONG in world class. and those flag drops happen from incredible work that most of the scholastic guards out there probably could not handle. the design was like... amazing, since it was a free form show from heaven...it was just great.

sorry BUT i DONT agree.

-rich

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

i agree

Post by guardboi » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:19 pm

well said just because they had drops doesn't mean that they don't belong in sw... i think people have good runs and bad trust me its just how it goes

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:18 pm

Rich wrote:
Survivor wrote: and DB sorry to say I think they should have stayed in Open....After seeing them first on sat. and then waching Arcadia there was just no way they could match the other world guards no way. There wepon work "may" be hard but come on they wont get scored if they can't catch it.....and no one and I mean no one should be droping flags in a world guard...
UMM.......NO!

im sorry but when yer spinning flags with your neck and catching rifles and sabres with your feet u BELONG in world class. and those flag drops happen from incredible work that most of the scholastic guards out there probably could not handle. the design was like... amazing, since it was a free form show from heaven...it was just great.

sorry BUT i DONT agree.

-rich
In a way I can tell what you are trying to say....but truly I think that DB is just going to get made fun of.....I think there are some guards out there who should be in World and other that should be in open untill they get a little better. Answer me this, if DB was in open do you think they would have beat Chino with they same show that they have now?....I dont think soo close but I think that mission and Chino would have beat them......my opion and I understand urs....I guess its going to be a agree to dissagree...sorry Thank you for being so nice about it tho....
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

Glassboy97
Rookie
Rookie

just for your info

Post by Glassboy97 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:49 pm

the highest score ever given to a winter guard was a 99.95 1998 patriots winter guard there has been a perfect score of 100 given to the 2002 DCI champion cavaliers although it was field

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Re: just for your info

Post by luckiecg » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:00 pm

project L wrote:the highest score ever given to a winter guard was a 99.95 1998 patriots winter guard there has been a perfect score of 100 given to the 2002 DCI champion cavaliers although it was field
i think you're mistaken with that...was the 99.95 given at wgi?
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

guardchica05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardchica05 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:01 pm

highest WGI score was BD in 96 with the 99.55 like ilikeguard said

mv_sabre_chick
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mv_sabre_chick » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:54 pm

:!: Wow, omg, that's absolutely nuts! Leave it to BD... They can do anything.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair...

Glassboy97
Rookie
Rookie

oooooooooooooono

Post by Glassboy97 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:31 am

1998 patriots winter guard twilight zone look it up yes it was in open class but regardless

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: oooooooooooooono

Post by laurab » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:37 pm

[quote="project L"]1998 patriots winter guard twilight zone look it up yes it was in open class but regardless[/quote]

Well I hate to break the news to you but I looked up scores on wgi.org and 1998 Patriots score was a 99.05 not a 99.95. BD holds the highest score at 99.55

jojoguardo

Post by jojoguardo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Hey yo Project L...even if Patriots from OPEN class scored a perfect 100, they are not on the same judging scale as Independent World Class. So just in case you didn't know, if a junior high guard scored a 100, and an Independent World guard scored a 50, that doesn't mean they got their asses kicked by a junior high. We aren't all on one big, giant list that goes from "highest" to lowest scores. So yeah, world record out of EVERYONE is Blue Devils, 99.5[/i]

Rich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rich » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:50 pm

jojoguardo wrote:Hey yo Project L...even if Patriots from OPEN class scored a perfect 100, they are not on the same judging scale as Independent World Class. So just in case you didn't know, if a junior high guard scored a 100, and an Independent World guard scored a 50, that doesn't mean they got their asses kicked by a junior high. We aren't all on one big, giant list that goes from "highest" to lowest scores. So yeah, world record out of EVERYONE is Blue Devils, 99.5[/i]
lmfao wow hopefully randy doesnt reply to u.

BUT im sure if the junior high guard scored a perfect 100 they probably were better then the world guard (at that moment) who scored a 50. just seems like it makes more sense...u know.

jojoguardo

Post by jojoguardo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:58 pm

So no no no, not "regardless"...if we all scores from every guard were compared to eachother, what would be the purpose of having different classes? Duh!!!