Hayword Scores??

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Hayword Scores??

Post by Survivor » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:13 am

Anyone Have the Hayword scores what happend with Logan did both of there guards win Open and World?

Did Ayala go?
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:41 am

http://wgi.org/scores/2005/reg/hayward_cg.php

there's the scores.

i went last night, partially to see our middle school, which we missed, boo, and also to see the rest.

memorable performances of the night

dublin-the you can do it performance is just so creative, and it's a great performance

in motion- another great performance

fever- interesting show

chino- one of the best of the night, an amazing show; really cool to watch.

logan world-amazing again, much improvement from last week, having the pole made more sense too...

benicia- although i didn't see them, i heard they did amazing, they've come so far in the last 4 years it's hard to believe. when i was there 4 years ago, the flags were so happy when they placed 5th at a band review, it was their first time placing. and now look at them, doing great in scholastic a in WGI, just phenomenal. congrats guys!
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

ilikeguard

Post by ilikeguard » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:15 pm

No, Logan Open didn't win, they came in second to Chino, who had an amazing show. Also, Ayala wasn't there.

What did everyone think of the other world guards?

noncolorguard guy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Hayward WGI

Post by noncolorguard guy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:24 pm

I have to agree with the other people's postings here as well. I only saw the preliminary shows. With that said, I really enjoyed Chino's performance. It was really beautiful and artistic. I also thought that Benicia and Westlake were the best in the Scholastic SA division. Benicia Middle School is the Gonzaga of WGI. :D It's amazing to see such a talented middle school group. As a matter of fact, according to this link, Benicia is currently #5 in SA in the nation.

http://www.winterguardrankings.com/6sa.htm

It's a bummer that they won't compete in the WGI. It makes me wonder how good Benicia High School is since they presumably only compete in the NCBA circuit. (I need verification on this.)

That link also suggests that Beyer is projected to take silver in the WGI World Championships. I enjoyed their continual flag tosses over their head and back to someone else behind them. I liked Clovis West's music selection because the music intentionally used as few piano notes as possible - however it was very powerful and simplistic. The music selection did somewhat remind me of Clovis West's last year's music (Over the Rainbow?).

I was surprised that James Logan World Guard were still wearing their black clothes.

noncolorguard guy

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:23 am

it's a bummer that who won't compete in wgi... i think you mean benicia high, but i'm not sure.
conformation, we only compete in NCBA.... definitely not my choice.
to see how good we are i guess you'd have to watch for yourself and decide. come to an ncba show this year, and we'll be at most of them. not champs tho:(
yeah, it's going to be weird next year, when all of the middle schoolers come in as top dogs in ccgc/wgi and come to do like half the competitions and in ncba. quite a switch.
Colorguard Instructor

noncolorguard guy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by noncolorguard guy » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:54 am

PantherBandFreak wrote:it's a bummer that who won't compete in wgi... i think you mean benicia high, but i'm not sure.
conformation, we only compete in NCBA.... definitely not my choice.
I meant to say that "it's a bummer that Benicia Middle School will not compete in the WGI SA World Championships this year, because they would likely be in the running to make it to the World Championships finals."

Out of curiosity, what is the reason that Benicia High is competing in NCBA while Benicia Middle is competing in CCGC and WGI?

By the way, what happened to Moreau High School's colorguard? Is it defunct?

whsguardgrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by whsguardgrl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:02 pm

Benicia Middle School was amazing, especially since they are so young. We were able to see them from the door opening at finals since they went on right after us.
I really loved San Jose Raiders World show. The way they used the floor is fairly rare in today's color guard (at least from what I've seen) and they were also great performers.
Chino was definitely one of my favorites, especially since I heard that they lost a member fairly recently and had to redo all the drill.

ps. Thanks for complimenting our show, noncolorguard guy.
The Godfather (field), To Kill a Mockingbird (winter), American Elegy (field), Afro Celt "Cycles" (winter), We Are Not Alone (field), Kristallen den fina (winter), Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet (field), Ode to Joy (winter)

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:54 pm

the middle school probably isn't going to champs because it's a big trip and it's so far away, and the money is a lot, especially since about 5-7 of them had to pay for the rose parade as well. i wish they'd go. as far as benicia high not competing, well i couldn't say why. i honestly don't know. band director's choice i suppose
Colorguard Instructor

jbdrummerdude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jbdrummerdude » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:28 pm

Ive recently found out that after the past regional in hayward benicia middle was considering going to Dayton. They then found out that WGI closed their doors already. so no champs for BMS...theyd make at least top 5...i see these kids work every tuesday and thursday. they work just like high school kids and they have a real drive. they deserve all those 1st place trophies. big ups to the instructors.
for BHS it is pretty much Directors choice for reasons im pretty sure of but wont let out on the internet. All i know right now is that next year will either stay the same or we will be more open to other musical activities rather then the usual concert band, street marching, and NCBA winter.

guardboi
New Recruit
New Recruit

cant BMS plead thier case

Post by guardboi » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:01 pm

can't they talk to wgi officials since they did place high at regionals.. or isn't there a rule that allows them to go