WGASC Eastlake

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

fluteman2006
New Recruit
New Recruit

WGASC Eastlake

Post by fluteman2006 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:27 pm

First of all, congrats to all the groups who competed last night at eastlake high, but especially West Hills High (regional 2a) who scored an amazing 79.2, beating all other schools performing that night by a ten point spread! You go girls!

My question, however, is how does a school get so many competitions at it like eastlake did this year? is it just a lottery and they won a lot or is it different hosts just using eastlakes facilities? I know that we (west hills) put in to have a comp at our school, but we were not chosen.
High above the river valley, stands the silver blue and black...

Matt

WGASC Eastlake

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:13 pm

If you check the WGASC web site you will see that it is a number of different groups using Eastlake's gym. I think it's also because the different groups all have the same instructors
Matt

Freedom is the ability to do what you aught to do not always what you WANT to do.

gobblefastguardo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by gobblefastguardo » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:19 pm

we compete there on the 27th (which is a sunday which sucks cuz that means no church/youth group, especially b/c its lent...meh) and one there in way early march.
Field:
03-04~Sounds of the 70's
04-05~Nightmere before Christmas (best show EVER!)
05-06~Not a member...*sigh* =[
Winter Guard:
03-04~Crazy Little Thing Called Love-Michael Buble
04-05~Who Wants to Live Forever-Queen

Rifleman
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Rifleman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:28 pm

Ok, I can appreciate you supporting your school, but I do think that you need to get have the correct info. As for West Hills' Color Guard getting a 79 that is great and they were very good, you can in no way compare that to the next two higher classes, as far as scores is concerned. The Regional A sheet which West Hills HS was judged on has its on criteria and the scholastic A sheet has its own. They are totaly different. So to compare West Hills with either Castle Park, Valhalla on the INT A sheet or Mt Carmel or Eastlake Varsity in the Scholastic A they would in no way be near the same score. I hope this helps with the whole score thing. ALl this sheet info is available for everyone to see on the WGASC website. I do want to say again West Hills has a very good guard and I truly enjoyed there performance. And as far as the multiple show thing at Eastlake HS. This past show was hosted by Rancho del Rey MS, the one on the 27th is hosted by Castle Park HS, the March 5th show is hosted by Eastlake but is a WGASC event and the April 1st show is hosted by Eastlake HS. And yes I do believe they all have the same instructional staff. If you check the website under instructor packet after the schedule is posted, you will see that info. More info... Hope it helps.

CP_guarboi_06

Yah...

Post by CP_guarboi_06 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:32 pm

We performed that dae, and by we, I mean Castle Park. West Hill's score kinda tripped me out, but after 5 seconds, I realized that they had a different sheet, and now that they've been promoted, I don't really ghave a reason to trip. I'm just gonna hafta sit back and hope that we're ahead of them. By the way, that show on the 27th is hosted by Castle Park, and we were pretty lucky to get it, as Eastlake was nice enuff to let us use theyr skewl and WGASC was kewl enuff to let us host. As to the instructors, yes, we all have the same instructors. Castl Park, Rancho del Rey, Helix, Mira Mesa and Eastlake are all taught by Jim and Melissa Barton. Those of you that will be at Eastlake at anytime during a competition, make sure to watch Castle Park! :D Laters

crfrey71
Veteran
Veteran

Photos from Feb.11th at Eastlake

Post by crfrey71 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:38 am

Here are photos I took at the Feb. 11th WGASC competition held at Eastlake. Who is all going to the competition this upcoming Saturday?

http://crfrey71.smugmug.com/Winter+Guard/62078