~Amador show~

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

RifleGirl

~Amador show~

Post by RifleGirl » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Hey i was jsut wondering if any of you went to the show on feb 5th at amador.....and i was just wondering what your thoughts about the season was....who were some of your favorites?

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:11 am

woot woot i was there!!!! i got there to see the start of scholastic A on...
it's probably just me, but nothing seemed quite as spectacular as it did last year at amador. there were a lot of really similar shows, but there were a couple that stuck out to me..

Alvarado A- Huge guard, especially for being a middle school, and having a B guard. the show was realllly good and entertaining.

Benicia MS- Wow, I might be biased, but I was so amazed. the show itself wasn't quite as out there and different this year, but the work was WAY improved from last year. pretty clean too, just a great performance...

In Motion- An overall great performance, easliy the best of any A division groups. very impressive

Blue Devils A- they're so little, and so cute. i think previous years have been a bit more impressive, but still they were great.

Ok, i don't remember who, but i think dublin or independence, had the you can do it girls that were really good and different. something eye catching, and more out there. really kept my attention

Blue Devils Open- Great performance, one of the best of the night. a couple mishaps, but just a well put together show. also it was a bit different and eye catching, i really like that(if you didn't get that yet).

Logan- Ok well they were of course just amazing, and that thing with the people on the floor in beginning was so fun to watch. wasn't their cleanest of run throughs, there were like 1 or 2 drops, but they were definitely the best of the night. so cool. the music was different, and the floor painting, wow. if they ever paint over that it'll be a sad day. it's really like a piece of art, so pretty.

yeah those are just my opinions on some of the guards i saw, hope that helped somewhat.
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

bangla
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bangla » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:21 am

I went to the show and for the most part everyone did great, but the guard that really impressed me was In Motion. They were amazing and I wish them the best of luck at WGI this season and I think they were just amazing!

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

wow....

Post by GuarDiva04 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:24 am

Thank you so much!!! On behalf of all us kids on In Motion... we appreciate all the kind words and we hope you enjoy our program this year. We've worked really hard and have gone through a lot already with people quitting on us and all that jazz and its nice to know the good work payed off! =D And with us moving up to Open after Hayward, we're going to have to work even harder but we are completley prepared for it! Seriously from the bottom of our hearts thank u!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by georgefan22 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:53 pm

Inmotion was soooooooooooo diva, they were amazing this past weekend. I'm excited they are moving up to open even though that means I have to compete against them. The boy that is in it is awesome I think his name is david but thats econd have so i have no idea, He is favorite though lol he's awesome.

RifleGirl

thanks

Post by RifleGirl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:51 pm

hey i am also on In Motiona nd i want to say thanks fer all your comments it means alot that people enjoy our show....like my friend jamie said we ave been through so0o0o much with alot of people quiting and re writting the whole show like 50 billion times its nice to know that it wasn't for nothing and that you all enjoy it! well i wish luck to all the other guards out their! hope to see you at hayward!

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:56 pm

i'm glad you guys are going up to open because you definitely deserve it from what i saw...
Colorguard Instructor

RifleGirl

Post by RifleGirl » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:37 am

thanks...that means alot....are you on benicia Ms? cuz if you are oh man i love you guys most of you are better dancers that i am lol and me and my teamate nani told some of them they they are...well good luck this season!

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:39 pm

no i'm benicia high... we only compete in ncba:( yeah our middle school has really stepped up to the plate i'm so proud of them
Colorguard Instructor

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Re: thanks

Post by luckiecg » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:12 pm

RifleGirl wrote:....like my friend jamie said we ave been through so0o0o much with alot of people quiting and re writting the whole show like 50 billion times
i know how that goes lol...great job you guys! it's cool to see you guys pulled through all that...the show is great! i look forward to competeing against you guys!
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

musiclife
Rookie
Rookie

Post by musiclife » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:20 pm

dammit i gonna c logan!!!!!!!!!!!

daNcEswiThriFles
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by daNcEswiThriFles » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:21 pm

ohh i went and i saw the last few guards in A..omg alvarado was good! i was impressed with them..and for AA johansen i think won they were pretty good. one of my favorites of the night had to be blue devils open! the one girl that tosses in the beginning is such a good performer..and for some reason i remember deviations show? i think thats what they're called they did this romeo and juliet one that i thot was cool..yeah in motion was hecka good too..
umm logan duh was amazing :D i love how they perform but yea i agree that it wasnt there most clean run through ever..
hoLler at a guard membeR!