Littlerock

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Neo Fantasian
New Recruit
New Recruit

Littlerock

Post by Neo Fantasian » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:36 pm

Hey guy, I was just wondering if anyone went to the Littlerock competition yesterday. If you did do you have any reviews?

CGFan65

Post by CGFan65 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:45 am

I am new to this group. I'm a mom with a freshman in colorguard. We were at the Little Rock show on Saturday for our first show this season. I heard some people in front of me talking about the web site so I thought I'd look around. I, myself, was on drill team in high school, this is all very new to me.

I only got to see a few colorguards but here is what I can remember.

Saugus did a Gavin Degraw song. They had a lot of parts where they weren't spinning yet and my daughter informed me that they were not done yet. I liked them though - very pretty dancers.

Little Rock did a tango show. I thought they were very good. Those kids can sure dance well. It's a neat show-had a lot of complex formations. The announcer said they were going to national championships and I hope they do well.

Hart was doing something that sounded like an airline terminal. It was also very interesting. They did some very quick moves with their flags when they were moving through each other. But I thought they were very good.

Wind Swept - I don't think their show was done yet either. I'm not sure what their music was but they had a blue floor cut into a very neat shape. Maybe 8 or 9 kids in the colorguard.

Fantasia - I had heard alot of people around me talking about this colorguard. Being new, I had never heard of them. They had an orange floor and a lot of older performers. Their music was kind of funky, pop, maybe. They danced very well and had alot of intricate flag and weapons moves. They hit the ceiling with their rifles a few times. Ouch. They were sure impressive though!

Again, I'm a rookie. I'm sure I will learn more as we go to more competitions this season.

GuardBoy88

Post by GuardBoy88 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:44 pm

I'm on Windswept and I can confirm that our show wasn't done at Littlerock but watch out for us at our next competition. :D