Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Instructors or more?

Post by flagchild06 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:48 pm

Hey kiddies!!!

Are your instructors just there or do they do a little bit more?

My female instructor (Laura Baker) is soooo much more for us. She's a total spaz with us half the time which is awesome because we're all really wierd and she kind of gets on my a*s for my lack of self esteem. She gets mad when I put myself down which normally people don't do....

SO what are yours like?
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

LMHSMetalGod
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LMHSMetalGod » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:48 am

Yea, our intructors are like our skool parents, they evn help us with our hmwk now, and they there to talk, laugh and stuff. Thats awsome!
GIT R DONE

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Instructors...

Post by GuarDiva04 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 am

All the instructors I've had in my past I've grown really close to. My instructors @ farfield High my freshman and sophomore years (Jason Flores and Tricia Crist) were pretty much my best friends! Jason, although at times he was a jerk (most instructors can be) was so friggin supportive of everything we did. I remember I had just broken up with a boyfriend and we had rehearsal and I was hecca upset. Okay... Jamie Roman is ALWAYS happy! Seriously... and I came to practice all sad and he took me in the band office and we talked about my boy problems for like 15 minutes and then he told me just to let it all go and become someone else @ rehearsal... it was the best piece of advice ever!!! And Tricia.... OoOoOo that girl could gossip! LoL And she was the one who ALMOST hooked me up with this guy I had a crush on... they were great but they also knew not to cross the line of being too friendly and instructor like enough! I think I'm kind of the same with the kids I teach. I'm more than willing to listen to anything they have to say and I'm always interested in whats going on in their lives but they know that I mean business when it comes to practice time. It's a good mix!!! Kina like kool-aid... :lol:
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010