Guard Idol

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

bangla
New Recruit
New Recruit

My guard Idol

Post by bangla » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Ok I think that my guard idol would def. be Valerie for the SJ Raiders World. If you don't know who she is look on the WGI website click on Hayward regional info and there's a faty pic of her. She's diva because she is soo nice and humble and such an incredible performer. I mean there are so many divas in the guard like Kristin, Megan (little and Lacey), Rika!!! All of them but Valerie has always been my idol all these years....

bangla
New Recruit
New Recruit

Ohhh Yeah

Post by bangla » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:22 pm

And Nicole For sure!!!! She has always been my idol since she marched in Oak Grove and I looked up to her with her incredible sabre skills. Marching with you is way my dream come true, but way nerve racking because your a 10, but you know what I way look up to because you are beyond diva. i love you!!!!!

GuardGal07

Post by GuardGal07 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:20 pm

Okay so my idol is this girl on Corona. She's on the flag line and shes really good, but I think what I like best about her are her facial expressions. She gets really into the show and you can TOTALLY tell she is having fun out there. You'll see her. She has dark brown hair and is usually the last one to set her flags! Hah! :D

Veteran Team Mom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Veteran Team Mom » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:42 pm

What is the name of the guy who was on Fantasia last year who was tall and had reddish hair and kinda looks like Nicolas Cage? He is no longer on Fantasia and appears to be coaching a guard. Does anyone know his name and the guard he is coaching?

totherescue
Veteran
Veteran

Post by totherescue » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:44 pm

are you talking about tim?

Veteran Team Mom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Veteran Team Mom » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:50 pm

Sadly, I don't know his name. He was the tallest one on Fantasia last year.

ProtoManAP
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ProtoManAP » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:43 am

love4cg wrote:my guard idol are my instructors. George Armenta and Mindy Cobb are great instructors! They are great people in general, and i love them to death. They are always there when you need them, and you know that you can confide in them. They have brought Arcadia up to what we are known as today. George not only works with us, but with Ayala and Mission Viejo. Mindy works with us, Ayala and Chino Hills HS, and she is a kindergarden teacher. They both are amazing people, and just from the 3 years i have been on this guard, they have taught me a lot about myself and life. I am very grateful to them, and i will never forget them, although i have one more year with them, i just want them and everyone to know they will always be in my heart. They are my guard idols!!!!! :D
For sure, George Armenta, Mindy Cobb...and Nathan...=) Best instructors and dancers ever. They know their stuff, they have my vote
Arcadia High School Scholastic World

ColorGuard
WinterGuard

My Xanga

Mondo India ~ 2003
The Other Side ~ 2004
A Movement Of Mallets and Marimba ~ 2005
(no show title as of yet) ~ 2006

guardgurl4ever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardgurl4ever » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:02 pm

I just saw Lealta's show for the first time this season (I know, where have I been?) and there is one girl that I followed for most of the show that stayed standing at the end of the show. I aboslutely love her but I don't know her name...
"I know I can do it," Tod Downy said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl. "I'm sure that in time her death will be a mystery, even to me."

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:36 pm

I think her name is Courtney....
Matt

Freedom is the ability to do what you aught to do not always what you WANT to do.

donkeys
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by donkeys » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:02 pm

his name is mykeal hes is so talented, an amazing man. i guess he has tought there and been on it. hes so awsome though. he kinda had a mohock right, and did he have blonde and red in it.

daNcEswiThriFles
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by daNcEswiThriFles » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:36 pm

haha randy from logan!! hes so talented..and kyle from logan..he holds his leg up for soo long during that show!! its amazing..lol
hoLler at a guard membeR!

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by georgefan22 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:36 pm

Kyle is so awesome he is so good at everything colorguard, but there is also a girl but I'm not sure her name. I think she's captain, even when I try not to watch her she always grabs my attention anyway.

daNcEswiThriFles
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by daNcEswiThriFles » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:52 pm

ohh i heard they didnt have a captain this year or something..but yea they're all amazing!!
hoLler at a guard membeR!