Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

sokkerboie
Rookie
Rookie

Someone please tell me.....

Post by sokkerboie » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:58 am

I think this has been a post before.

Where do you get or how to you make those new foot sox/tights that are so popular for guards these days? You know the ones that are likc a sock with the toe and heel cut out...........

I don't think they are professionally manufactured, but if anyone has ideas of good and bad materials to use, etc...I would be interested in knowing.

ThanX
Talent is not only a blessing, it is a burden, as the gifted ones will soon find out - Vince Lombardi

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:41 pm

It's rather quite simple.

Just purchase a pair of good socks. Women's socks with Lycra in the material seems to work better cause they don't stretch out as much.

But just cut the toes off and simply make a hole where the heel is and stretch it out to your liking.
One mo again.

donkeys
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by donkeys » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:57 pm

i dont know about the socks thing but we do the same thing that sokkerboie was talking about but with our tights

ScrapHappy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ScrapHappy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:26 am

Do you mean like stirrup tights like these http://www.discountdance.com/frame_set. ... TI_p1.html (click on the stirrup tights link on the left)? Dancewear stores/websites sell them.
ScrapHappy in UT
Formerly from Pleasanton, CA

Luv2Spin
New Recruit
New Recruit

info...

Post by Luv2Spin » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:46 am

Okay so I know what ur going through. I was looking everywhere for them as well... What they are really for is wearing them with sandals, which now is not the season for that, so they are hard to find through my experience. But my friend bought me some for X-mas, they are wonderful! I Love them. Anywho he said that he got them from Macy*s. So yeah I hope I have been some help. I asked some people where they got them from and most said from Target, but I couldn’t find them... hopefully you can! :D
Every 1,000 mile journey begins with one step...
Perform every run-threw like it is your last....one day it will be!