INdependant Evals!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

INdependant Evals!

Post by GuarDiva04 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:00 am

I just want to say good luck to everyone at evaluations in Dublin this weekend. It should be an interesting show... getting to see the beginnings of everyones shows! Special good luck to Raiders!!!! =D
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

...and a schedule

Post by engineer » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:20 pm

Dublin High School
December 11, 2004
Admission: $3.00
Doors open: 5:45

6:00 - Oak Grove Too (San Jose)
6:06 - Emerald Guard (Morgan Hill)
6:12 - Blue Devils IA (Concord)
6:18 - Alvarado Ind (Union City)
6:24 - Deviation (Vallejo)
6:30 - Mt. Diablo (Concord)
6:36 - Summit (Reno, NV)
6:42 - In Motion (Fairfield)
6:48 - Raider Open (San Jose)
6:54 - Blue Devil Open (Concord)
7:00 - Leigh HS (San Jose, Scholastic World)
7:06 - Raider (San Jose)

Classification announcements 10 minutes after last performance

BKpit94
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BKpit94 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:56 pm

SO what did everyone think of the shows so far? Who looks like they're going ot have a great season?

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:04 pm

Um I saw Blue Devils name up there and its werid becuase during winter season I never see there name. Are they not good indoor or do they never do indoor. Or is it because they all perform up north. sOme one told me its because they go to Fantasia and Blue Devils Guard indoor is not good just like RCC gurad indoor is not good.......
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

sokkerboie
Rookie
Rookie

Blue Devils @ CCGC

Post by sokkerboie » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:39 pm

I have to tell you that we (Summit Winter Guard) saw BD Open a lot last season and wre always impressed and glad to see them. They are a VERY talented bunch with a great staff and have a great program. Of course their winter program differs from their summer program - so do all drum corps guards differ from their winter guards.

But I think BD is great on the field and on the floor and we look forward to another season of great spinning, great performances and success!
Talent is not only a blessing, it is a burden, as the gifted ones will soon find out - Vince Lombardi

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by engineer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:28 am

Survivor wrote:Um I saw Blue Devils name up there and its werid becuase during winter season I never see there name. Are they not good indoor or do they never do indoor. Or is it because they all perform up north. sOme one told me its because they go to Fantasia and Blue Devils Guard indoor is not good just like RCC gurad indoor is not good.......
BD has been around the winter guard activity for a while, although they haven't fielded a world guard, their open guard has been successful over the past few years. Quickly here are their noteable accomplishments at WGI:

1995 - Gold IW
1996 - Gold IW
1997 - Gold IW
1998 - Gold IW
2001 - Bronze IO
2003 - IO Finalist
2004 - Silver IO

BKpit94
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BKpit94 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:04 pm

Wasn't Blue Devils open promoted to world by WGI?

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cobybos » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:41 pm

Survivor wrote:Um I saw Blue Devils name up there and its werid becuase during winter season I never see there name. Are they not good indoor or do they never do indoor. Or is it because they all perform up north. sOme one told me its because they go to Fantasia and Blue Devils Guard indoor is not good just like RCC gurad indoor is not good.......
RCC's winter guard is Fantasia.

wongclo

Post by wongclo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:05 pm

Can someone post the classification results of saturday's evals??? thx!

donkeys
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by donkeys » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:14 pm

um im sorry but fantasia is rcc's winter guard and they are awsome i mean being number one in the world is awsome but besides that they are awsome preformers

BKpit94
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BKpit94 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:13 pm

wongclo wrote:Can someone post the classification results of saturday's evals??? thx!

Got to www.ccgc.net and go under members it will tell you who was placed in which class

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

evals

Post by georgefan22 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:08 pm

I thought inmotion was really good they have alot more people then last year. Leigh was also really good I didn't really get to see alot of them becuase I'm in raiders open but alot of people looked great for evals from those that I saw

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by engineer » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:47 am

BKpit94 wrote:Wasn't Blue Devils open promoted to world by WGI?
They were promoted from open to world, but if someone can clarify this for me, it is up to the organization whether or not they can tackle the promotion to the next class for the new season, after the season ended, as in BD's case. This differing from being promoted during the season, after a regional, where you have to move up in class.

As for Ind Evals, there were lots of good things happening on the floor. The two noteable groups that stuck out were In Motion and Summit. Considering what they put out on the floor for this time of the year, this looks to be a very promosing season for both groups. In Motion is doing "Gira Con Me" by Josh Groban and has a strong saber beginning. Summit, can't remember the song by Josh Groban but has excellent staging. Both groups move very well, very mature against the rest of their class.

paulsoulesmeme

Post by paulsoulesmeme » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:46 am

Did the judges announce Leigh HS at Sch.World or are they just going there on their own? I never heard of a scholastic guard coming out 1st year in World.

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

clearing up issues...

Post by GuarDiva04 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:02 pm

To clear up some issues... I don't know the REASON blue devils declined to move to world but I know that it is partially the organizations decisio0n on weither to be promoted. BEcause BD opted to stay in Open class they are not allowed to praticipate in regionals or WGI because thats the rules (in my opinion because its unfair) In Motion is facing the same dilema... judges are whispering amongst themselves about possible promoting us in Hayward @ the first regional... and if we don't go along with it we can't compete in any WGI events so.... it's really up to the instructional staff from both groups... they can bump up the work and be promoted and deal with it even if they MIGHT get killed or they can slightly underwrite the show and stay int heir current class... as far as in motion goes... we're not sure where we're off to just yet but good luck everyone and this looks to be a promising season!!! =D

As far as LEigh High School goes... theres nothing in the rule book that says a new guard can't come out as a world guard... I think in my opinion it might have been a good idea to compete in scholastic open this year... try for a medal and THEN move up to world but I think Leigh's got it under control and I can't wait to see them progress!!!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010