COlorguard? How is the season going

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

WC Guy

COlorguard? How is the season going

Post by WC Guy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:28 pm

--this has been an edit by me, because im not suppose to talk w/ girls here hehe, so i will change it to how has the season been going? HArdships? any? confess them all here!

-For me this season has been going great! i barely mess up during the shows and my team and i have won so many awards so far, i hope this winning streak lasts through out the entire season! that would be great. I think our goal is to break a 90 pwhahaha, for our colorguard score. I think our most recent score was an 83. something. hahaha. Colorguard rocks!

i belive our next comp will be at.Chino HS and RCC on november 6th pwaha. see all u peeps who are going!. holar back! LOL!
Last edited by WC Guy on Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Interests...: girls.. ;)

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:02 pm

this is not a place to hit on girls ok.......so lets get there SN and talk to them online not on World Of Pageantry
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

PowayColorguardrules

i am form poway cali

Post by PowayColorguardrules » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:32 pm

poways great this year
Last edited by PowayColorguardrules on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:44 pm

Moderator!!!!!!

thats not very cool. it portrays your guard as mean people that im sure you arent. i havent seen either of your shows, but that kind of attitude should not be tolerated.

Powayxbando
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Powayxbando » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:06 pm

There is no nikki on the Poway high school colorguard. & whoever it is I don't think it*s cool that you are posting up somthing that not only makes you look bad but the boosters, and the band as well. Every person that is part of the emerald brigade wouldn't appreciate reading that. Yes, we have gotten a lot of compliments but who cares? If RB won a lot (because they didnt win it all!) saturday night then hey at least we know that we preformed our best, and that we got an awesome response from the crowd! Tournaments aren't all about winning, they are about showing off how much HARD WORK you and your fellow bandos have put into. I guess Mr. Cook has inforced that over & over again, dont be worried about beating anyone worry about preforming your best. I appologize for this person to anyone who has had to read this..

Good luck to everyone out there!
& btw what*s a moderator?
Poway High School Clarinets!!!!!!!
yay for section of the week 4 times!
Kayla & Kelly are the BEST section leaders woo!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:09 pm

a moderator is one of the people that have the ability to lock a thread before it gets too out of control.

and good luck to both schools, i cant wait to see you

illntBoutprformdBABY!

WE are the competitors

Post by illntBoutprformdBABY! » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:28 pm

LOL. I find it funny that you'd say that a person shouldn't worry about what place or score you get but only of how you felt you did. HeHe, I'm pointing this out because, last Saturday, after my group received lower than we felt we deserved, a senior, out of the kindness of her heart said the same thing. Then I simply told her. " You see, some might agree, those are the performers. Others would disagree. Those are the competitors. We are the competitors." Everyone around me just laughed nodding there heads. :lol:

Powayxbando
New Recruit
New Recruit

just give it all you*ve got.

Post by Powayxbando » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:54 pm

I still think it*s about giving it your all. Yes, we go to tournaments to show other people what we have done & ,maybe win..but hey no one ever said you had to win to have a good show. At the Mt. carmel poway didnt win...but at one point in the show the crowd went wild & that is what we work so hard for. We practice 6 days a week day & night just to give it all we can saturday nights. So i guess if you live by "we have to win to be good" thing then hey I feel sorry for you.

& what school is everyone from?

sabredivaaa
New Recruit
New Recruit

ooooo ya

Post by sabredivaaa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:25 pm

ya i remember one part during poways performance, when i lost it, when the band broke it down.... i loved that part!!!!!!!! you guys got moves!! ;)
field 06- harold and the purple crayon
winterguard 06- "Feeling Good" -Michael Buble
field 05- music of the day
winterguard 05- organized chaos
field 04- nightmare before christmas

Westview 05/06 youuuuuu knoW!!!!!

Powayxbando
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Powayxbando » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:35 pm

aww thanks!! we changed it a bit, now we have moves. hahah well good luck @ Vista everyone and hopefully see you @ Arcadia!!!! WOOO HOO!!

co_capoftheSHSguard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by co_capoftheSHSguard » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:46 pm

i think this year is going pretty good some hard times but pretty good :D

shagadalex
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shagadalex » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:29 pm

I think the audience reaction measures how well you did. Colorguard is, in essence, about entertaining. People dont pay to get into winterguard shows to watch you have fun. They're there to be amazed. If the crowd thinks you were the best thing since David Bowie, but you get a 13/100 as your score, you did your job :). Self satisfaction and a love for the game are also important, but you have to remember what you're there to do.
Alex
Santiago High School Marching Cavaliers C/O 2004

shorty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by shorty » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:53 pm

Hey! you're from WCHS? haha, I go to SHHS and i'm on guard! =) how fun. Our band has had it's share of bumps, but in the end I guess it all came together. I miss the Intensity we've felt last year thought <3
INTENSITY<3