Whos good on street this year??

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:42 pm

I watched the clip.

First I must say that in the beginning (until the guard moves into the judges stand form) there is a rifle close to the camera on the right who comes UP to catch every single one of her tosses. I think she might be releasing a bit too high. And it drove me crazy because my eye kept returning to her since it stuck out.

But other than THAT .. I loved that show! It gives one faith that NorCal most certainly can hold it's own. But then again, that was when Mr Campbell was there.

I would have loved to do that show, and yeah I could have executed that. What I love about Fairfield is their dance oriented routines and abundant drill. Like winter on street. However, I did enjoy my group (Vallejo) because of the difficulty and tricks we got to do. Sure we had dance, but it wasn't as incorporated into the routine like Fairfield's.

That's what solid colorguard is. Not good in just ONE area, but in all. Dance, spinning, execution, marching, performing. I hope it picks itself back up and we start seeing more groups like old school (haha 4 or 5 years ago) shows like Vallejo and Fairfield.
World Of Pageantry Champion!

Rich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rich » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:24 pm

its to bad they didnt post all the arcadia band review videos. then u would have gotten to see other excellent groups on street like schurr, el rancho, valencia, mira mesa, and little rock...the list went on.

its to bad the allwestern band review isnt around anymore....sighs.

-richard

shagadalex
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shagadalex » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:16 pm

Curse you, Dave, for corrupting me! :lol: :lol:
Fairfield looked GREAT!! I think the problem is that most of us live in So Cal and thus only see So Cal guards perform. :?

I notice that as opposed to So Cal guards, Nor Cal guards start off at the front of the band, then proceed to move to the back. This is great to me because they're exposed to the judges more. Some So Cal guards just breeze right through competition. As a wannabe guard instructor, I'd like to have my group stay as long as possible by the judges. Make them work harder to clean more parts of the routine!
Alex
Santiago High School Marching Cavaliers C/O 2004