Winter 2005

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by georgefan22 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:22 am

I'm excited to see Northern lights too but i'm more excited to see LEO in Northern Lights I love leo yay

cgnortiz

Post by cgnortiz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:45 am

Logan, Valencia, Beyer, Bellflower, Rancho Bernardo, Arcadia (all of them), El dorado...the list goes on. There are a lot of groups out there right now that I really admire. :D
Nathan
:)~

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:10 pm

crack it wrote:Ya I'm excited to see Northern Lights too, cause then I can say, "Hey, I've marched winter with someone on Northern Lights!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's the best thing I've heard all week, THANKS!

And thank you 'georgefan22'. That means a lot to me! :D
One mo again.

guardgurl4ever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardgurl4ever » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:43 pm

I can't wait for winter guard season this year. I'll be on the Open instead of A this year which I'm happy about and that means that I'll be able to make trips around the state and all that fun stuff. I really want to see Logan sinc ei didn't get to last year, they weren't at any of our competitions. Ohio is going to be awesome, too, and I heard that Logan was going to be there but I'm not sure...
"I know I can do it," Tod Downy said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl. "I'm sure that in time her death will be a mystery, even to me."

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:35 pm

cgnortiz wrote:Logan, Valencia, Beyer, Bellflower, Rancho Bernardo, Arcadia (all of them), El dorado...the list goes on. There are a lot of groups out there right now that I really admire. :D
awww, thanks

who do i wanna see?

SA- all of them!
IA- PC
SO- Valencia
IO- Black Knights
SW- Logan, Arcadia, RB
IW- NL, Corona, Fantasia (are they folding or not?)
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

guardgurl4ever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardgurl4ever » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:43 pm

No, I don't think they're folding. If you look down at the topics, you'll notice that there is a board titled something like Fantasia Try-Outs and it gives information on it. I was happy because they had a picture of the guard and I got to see both of my instructors in it. It was great.
"I know I can do it," Tod Downy said, helping himself to another ear of corn from the steaming bowl. "I'm sure that in time her death will be a mystery, even to me."

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:13 pm

yeah their website has info for try-outs too, so i was confused. but i don't think they are folding either.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:23 pm

I would hope that they aren't folding.

Usually, when a guard does fold... they sometimes make announcements so people aren't left wondering if they are or not.

For example, Emerald Marquis in 2001. They announced, I believe before or after their show at WGI in Milwaukee that they were folding. So I would think Fantasia, IF they were folding, would let their fans know.
One mo again.

JonnyRad7
New Recruit
New Recruit

No Props!

Post by JonnyRad7 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:15 pm

how come no one in these threads talk about the RA and RAA divisions of WGASC? what does no one like the gaurds in those divisions or what? i mean i understand that the real WGI circuit only consists of SA, IA, SO, IO, SW, and IW but really how come no one ever talks about the up and coming gaurds in the RA(Regional A) and RAA(Regional AA)?

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:31 pm

The reason we only talk about those guards is that ALOT of us are in those divisions, so it seems natural to talk about the divisions we are in and the ones we connect with. Plus even if you are in the A division, you only see the guards after you, so many of us (unfortunately) do not get to see RA or RAA divisions. The only RAA guard I know about is our (my school) JV guard. I have never seen there competition because we are always warming up when those performances are happening. But there ARE some RA and RAA division people on here, so keep talking and they will too. =)
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

guardgurl4ever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardgurl4ever » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:41 pm

I agree. Our school (Upland) had three guards, RAA, RA, and SO. This year we're only focusing on Open, though, so we won't have our guards but my freshman year I immediatly got on the RA guard. It was a big accomplishment for me at the time since I was never good at anything. Just kidding.

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:57 am

SA- Benicia
IA- In Motion
SO- Chino
IO- Blue Devils (they lost some of thier good people to Raiders)
SW- Avon ( they need to beat Logan already!)
IW- NL (yeah Jon!), Fantasia, Corona (I love you cookie! =) )

P.S. Fantasia is not folding...everyone thinks that because Karl Lowe is teaching at Lealta also, but he is still involved with Fantasia...I heard this through the Grapevine, so don't quote me on it....

guardgurl4ever
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by guardgurl4ever » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:30 pm

Well they have their tryouts posted her, notifying everyone about them, so I seriously doubt it unless they're lying. Highly unlikely.

Jamie2111

Post by Jamie2111 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:18 pm

IO-NORTHERN LIGHTS
SO-LOGAN
IO-BLUE DEVILS
SO- CHINO(maybe because I'm in the guard)

FlaggDivo

Post by FlaggDivo » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:48 am

RA JH- Yorba Linda MS
RAA JH- Kraemer MS
RA- Northwood
RAA-El Dorado JV
Int. A- Jurupa Valley/ Santa Margerita (are they still in int. a)