WhAt Is YoUr ThEmE?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Jamie2111

Post by Jamie2111 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:43 pm

Hello guys I'm in CHINO HIGH SCHOOL'S pageantry and our show is called A SYMPHONY OF COLOR we are in 6A and I think were better than least year because were doing so well this year so far we've been to three shows and we've won sweepstakes in all three of them (Carma Cap :jester: ) well colorguard!
~Jamie~

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:23 pm

Theme= Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Pheild Show (Gordon Goodwin's music...it's jazz and way fun)

I'm in colorguard! (I spin flag and rifle)

We are in 6A

I dunno, last year was a lot of fun (Chicago) but this year is a lot harder and has a lot more potential...we will just have to see~

I'm from El Dorado

P.S. We all wear shiny, blue uniforms...they are way awesome!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

sabredivaaa
New Recruit
New Recruit

another nightmare in town!!! :D

Post by sabredivaaa » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:27 pm

heeeey waddup!!! ya my name is ashley and i go to westview in san diego :D and our theme is nightmare before christmas also!!! lol its sucha kick ass movie... what songs are you guys doing???
field 06- harold and the purple crayon
winterguard 06- "Feeling Good" -Michael Buble
field 05- music of the day
winterguard 05- organized chaos
field 04- nightmare before christmas

Westview 05/06 youuuuuu knoW!!!!!

Belle05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Belle05 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:47 pm

lilflaggot08 wrote:
I'm from RBV pageantry, with my older sister (Leslee).

my instructor just graduated from there and we had our fist comp there a few weeks ago. my instructor is megan carlson, if u know her.

We love Megan! Tell her we miss her and she needs to visit more!!!! And also that we love your show (we can totally tell Megan wrote it it is her style)!
I want to be a glow worm
cause a glow worm's never glum
cause how can you be gloomy when the sun shines out your bum!

crazy hart

Post by crazy hart » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:02 pm

*What is the theme of your show?
Dreams, it's a really great show. A lot of people that have seen us perform have given us great compliments.

*If your in Band or Guard?
colorguard!

*what division your in?
4A
*If you think your show is gonna be better then last year?
From what I've herad, since I'm a wonderful (giggles) freshman, I've heard that it's a lot better. I've been told that the choreography is a lot harder with all those doubles, and more fast paced in some sets. But in my opinion it's just fantastic!
*What school your from?
William s. hart high school, woot woot!

you're welcome!

-alicia
How beautiful you are, now that you love me...

I Heart 46

sokkerboie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sokkerboie » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:03 am

Summit Winter Guard from Reno is excited to present part one of a two part production (you will have to wait until next season for part II).

This year SWG will present "Remember When It Rained" to the music of Josh Groban - BUT LISTEN CLOSELY FOR SOME NEW ELEMENTS TO THE MUSICAL TRACK!

The cast explores the loss of a loved one, rememberance, grief and joy all in one moment.

There is an EXCITING moment opening the show with full on ensemble sabre feature and some creative use of umbrellas. SWG has a cast of 15 this season. The design team is back again with the addition of Sherri Van Wert (Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, San Jose Raiders), Terri Pritchard (Chimeras, BLAST) and McLean Fahnestock (Chimeras).

For more information about Summit Winter Guard or any Summit Youth Arts program visit the web at www.summit-youth-arts.org
Talent is not only a blessing, it is a burden, as the gifted ones will soon find out - Vince Lombardi

Stargirl565

Post by Stargirl565 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:06 pm

I'm in colorguard, my school is William S. Hart High School. Our field show is called "Dreams" and I think this show is better then last year's show and our division is 4A

gaurdfreak14

Post by gaurdfreak14 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:02 pm

well im from madera high school in madera CA our show this yr is timelline its cool but last years was better we're in division 5A i beleive and im guard (woo woo go sabres) :D

sapphireclarinet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sapphireclarinet » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:03 pm

hi, im from Mira Mesa High School in San Diego and our show/theme is "Of Sailors and Whales" composed by W. Francis McBeth. It is based on Moby Dick. We are a 5a group and i think our show is equally is good as last years show and the previous year. :D

two_left_feet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by two_left_feet » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:39 pm

Hey all! I'm from South Hills and our theme this year is "Cirque." It's based on the Cirque Du Solei shows Dralion and Quidam. Our colorguard is doing very well this year. I'm in the marching band, not colorguard, but I do have high respect for our wonderful colorguard. If you haven't seen us perform, you can catch us @ the West Covina Tournement tomorrow, or @ SCSBOA Championships in Long Beach on Dec.4th! GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :D

StaroftheMasquerade
Veteran
Veteran

Re: WhAt Is YoUr ThEmE?

Post by StaroftheMasquerade » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:02 am

* I have no idea
* Band
* I think 6 A
* Yes, it's better than last year somewhat
* Poway High [Go EB]
Emerald Brigade
2004: Circutry
2005: Locomotion
2006: Queen: We Will Rock You

RifleChick/Drumline_luver
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleChick/Drumline_luver » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:45 pm

*The theme of our show I don't know yet!
*Im in Guard!
*we're in Schloastic A
*and I think this year will be better!
*and I am form PHS
***Whoo Whoo TRAINS***

***Yup I Spin Rifle!!***

shorty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by shorty » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:43 pm

I'm a colorguard from South Hills High School. Our 2004 field show is Cirque. The show is based on the magnificent music from Cirque Du Soleil (the shows Dralion and Quidam). We're currently in 4A, but during winterguard we are Scholastic A. (Watch out for us! We jumped 2 divisions last year in winterguard and placed 3rd in InterA championships) I personally liked our field show last year ("The Coronation of the New King"). I'm not sure if we'll be able to do as well as last year, but I sure do hope so. (Last year we received 3rd at SCSBOA 4A championships) Watch out for us please! :D
INTENSITY<3

LMHSMetalGod
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LMHSMetalGod » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:51 am

school, lmhs
division, regional 2a
show theme, thats up to the intsrutcors to tell
what else???
oh yea
i think were gonna do better then last year, i wasnt on it last year, but the instructors are pushing us harder.
GIT R DONE

LTL'98
New Recruit
New Recruit

a little off subject

Post by LTL'98 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:58 am

two_left_feet wrote:Hey all! I'm from South Hills and our theme this year is "Cirque." It's based on the Cirque Du Solei shows Dralion and Quidam. Our colorguard is doing very well this year. I'm in the marching band, not colorguard, but I do have high respect for our wonderful colorguard. If you haven't seen us perform, you can catch us @ the West Covina Tournement tomorrow, or @ SCSBOA Championships in Long Beach on Dec.4th! GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :D
Dude, be careful. From what I hear the "Cirque Du Solei" people are really non forgiving about performers using their music, EVEN for educational purposes. You may want to take a look into that, I'd hate for a great show to be shut down for stupid copyright laws.