Stay
79%
Leave
21%

Total votes: 19

vhsguardlvr07

What to do...

Post by vhsguardlvr07 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:33 pm

I've been in guard for 3 years now, and I have been a captain for all three. This whole year has been full of more drama than usual in guard but I stuck through it and I'm very glad I did. Up until recently...
I have been dating the trumpet section leader/band council president for about 2 weeks now *you would think not much could happen in 2 weeks, but it can*. The assistant band director told the one of my instructors that the only reason why he ever stared dating me was to have some fun before he left *he's leaving for Puget Sound in Aug.*. Now I know, along with everyone else that that should not have been said, especialy by him about two of his students. Then when our band had to take a final on theory a few days ago, I helped out and made copies for our director and stapled them for him. Because of that and the fact that Donny *my boyfriend* did so well on the final, they think he cheated and I helped him. Now, after what my assistant band director said everyone in band thinks that I'm easy and he's always horny. The band director and principle have both been made aware of what is going on today, and on Monday we are all having a little talk. As of right now the principle and both Donny and I's family agree that he and I should not come back into the band room for the rest of the year except for awards night which is Wed. My dad also thinks that I should contemplate weither or not to go back next year. I don't know what to do, guard really is my life and I love doing it, but after what has happened to me this year I'm lost. If you read all of this you rock! Please help me...

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:49 pm

Guard has been your life for the past three years and it sounds like you're probably going to make it your life for a good while after. I'd had soo many rumors spread about me, I'd be on eighteen medications right now if I listened to them. If your asst. BD can't keep his mouth shut and hasn't grown out of highschool rumors, then he's got issues. I think you should see what happens on Monday with the talk. He's legally not allowed to say stuff like that. I suggest you wait a little bit and see how it goes. If you do decide to leave, then I would find an independent. Otherwise, I'd say stay and shaving cream-ize your asst. BD's car.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:47 pm

Here's my opinion ...

You've got two options.
1) Stay. He won't be there next year, and things should simmer down during the summer. Everyone (and especially guard folk) has had their share of nasty rumors. But that's just what they are, rumors. People really know that, because it's happened to them, and just go with it for the sake of gossip. If you need to, point out some rumors that have been spread about other people and they should start to see the picture ...
2) Leave. But only leave if that's going to make you happy. You don't want to regret it, and think about how you let other people chase you out. And if you do choose to leave, find yourself an independent guard. Like the one me and my friends have briefly talked about doing. Hehe.
World Of Pageantry Champion!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:07 pm

i think you should stay. if you quit, you will probably regret it later. plus, that would just be showeing your bd and band that he won. but as for your reputation: try to keep the PDA down so that you arent going with the whole easy thing. ignore your band's comments and they will get bored and move on.

vhsguardlvr07

Post by vhsguardlvr07 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:15 pm

Ok, MsNikki, Trottier and Mr.E are both coming back next year, along with the rest of the staff. Guardee the thing is, we dont even see each other at school except for in the morning when we both get out of zero period, and even then, it doesn't get past friends. Wed. is our awards night which should be interesting because both of our familes will be there, and with everything thats going on, I sure hope people dont come up and say anything because they are both familes are pissed at whats going on with that, and the whole cheating thing. My dad (who is the manager of a music store and loves being a guard dad) will not let me back in guard if Mr. E is still there, because this isnt the first rumor that he has started about me.

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

hm...

Post by LHScg » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:26 am

"screw em angus" do what ur heart wants...tell ur father you dont wanna let this beat you, if thats the way he feels if he respects and trust you he will allow you to march, if not he wants to protect you which is also sweet, but i would hope he would let you kick butt. guard isnt something that comes along everyday its "like oxygen" dont give up becuase of some gossing ninies always remember the feeling on the field and the art that is perfomed becuase that is where beauty and pasison lie and hopefully if ur strong will over come the petty peoples. and chanel ur anger into your performance.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:42 am

If I were you, I'd look into independent guards in your area. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to quit, but give yourself some options. That way you can still be in colorguard but not working with the same people.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:56 pm

i know this is crazy but, if you honestly love guard so much then it might be a good thing to go to another school in ur area. you could have a fresh start and a new bd.plus, you can still do what you love, guard. he should have never said anything. rumors are awful and i am very sorry you had to go through that.i'll keep you in my prayers to hope everything goes ok. :)
Nothing is impossible with God!

audrizzle13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by audrizzle13 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:12 am

It did it here too. Whats with this?
myspace.com/audreypuff
Nurses do it painless.
Nurses do it with TLC.
Nurses do it with care.
Nurses do it with intensive care.

co_capoftheSHSguard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by co_capoftheSHSguard » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:50 pm

well i strongely believe that you should stay as much as it hurts try your hardest to not listen to what ever they say thats what helped my through all the drama at my shool