Winter Guard Withdrawals?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Winter Guard Withdrawals?

Post by LibertyPress » Mon May 03, 2004 1:39 pm

Now that winter season is over.... how's everyone feeling. What's everyone doing this summer?

I've definately got A LOT more sleep lately. LOL! I've been catching up on 7 months worth.

YAY for junk food as well. LOL!
One mo again.

SkaBoneChick

Yeah, something like that

Post by SkaBoneChick » Mon May 03, 2004 2:51 pm

Withdrawals..? Yeah, I think so. It's weird because we haven't had practice or anything since So Cal Champs; I feel so out of shape :oops: . I guess you could call it guilt, too. But I haven't had any--I mean, ANY--time for spinning or dancing or anything :? (yay for AP exams... **rolls eyes**). I've stretched ONCE since the season officially ended. Oh the guilt and the shame. What kind of guardo am I anyway? :lol:

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Yeah, something like that

Post by RifleLova » Mon May 03, 2004 4:04 pm

mvsabrechick wrote:Withdrawals..? Yeah, I think so. It's weird because we haven't had practice or anything since So Cal Champs; I feel so out of shape :oops: . I guess you could call it guilt, too. But I haven't had any--I mean, ANY--time for spinning or dancing or anything :? (yay for AP exams... **rolls eyes**). I've stretched ONCE since the season officially ended. Oh the guilt and the shame. What kind of guardo am I anyway? :lol:
i couldn't agree with you more!! only stretched once also (today!!) and haven't had time to spin (can we say AP EXAMS?!?!?) and haven't had practice since So Cal champs!! we're gonna have practices soon though just to get in shape and i'm gonna stretch every day, started today. this summer is just gonna be guard and outside fun!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Mon May 03, 2004 4:13 pm

HAHAH! I hear ya there. I've talked to a couple of friends of mine who still do our stretches & AB workouts.

I too have been doing the same. I can't afford to get lazy and get out of shape.

Gotta counter the splurging (YUMMY FOOD) with some stretching and crunches. LOL!

Tuesdays, Thursdays and most definately SATURDAYS have been hard. It's like, "I'm suppose to be doing something, aren't I?"

I miss my friends too. :(
One mo again.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:35 pm

it is really wierd because i have all this extra time during the week. plus, i dont take any AP classes, so i am just hanging around. i suddenly have an extra 15+ hours in my week. it is really strange.

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Mon May 03, 2004 5:04 pm

I was watching the video of my last performance at So Cal Champs and that got me. :cry: I could not believe that I missed spinning. At the end of the season, I was ready for a break, but now I don't know. I want to spin but I know that I definitely need a show break. The stress of having a routine down is what got to me I guess. But yeah. I miss spinning. Summer sessions here I come! We can't get rusty now! The free Saturdays are nice though. :cool2:

:hug: Tawny :hug:

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

Let forget the midriff!!!

Post by cgmime32 » Mon May 03, 2004 5:37 pm

You know free saturdays are great. But I do miss the spinning...I really hope our guard gets to do world. I know it would be difficult but that's what's going to make it that much more fun..I think. Yeah, I hear ya Tawny, I was missing it when we were watching the tape..I'm sure that everyone feels like that when they see their last show. Summer sessions...catch nose!!! Hehe...get tape Tawny!!! :D See ya there...miss u all!!

d*
*at least with season over, I don't have to worry about that damn uniform.. :cool2:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Mon May 03, 2004 6:01 pm

WOW Congrats. Which guard are you from? Scholastic World, that's like a dream for most schools. Good luck with that!

--------

I tried to spin today... I couldn't catch my sh*t. LOL!

Darn sabre! I think I have a blood blister on my thumb.

OH WELL! The pain of colorguard... I miss my bruises and my cuts...

"I MISS THE PICKLES!"
One mo again.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Mon May 03, 2004 6:08 pm

Yeah I’m sad the season's over too. a few days after champs a couple of us were messing around doing some of the dance work from our show and I was like "awww, we don't get to do that anymore" but then we ended up putting it in the dance team show so we do get to do it again, but still it's not the same!
I think one thing that is keeping from missing it is the fact that we aren't done! See our dance team puts on a two evening show and invites us to perform at it, and that's in about 3 weeks so we have that to work on. Plus today was the first day of clinic and Friday is TRY-OUTS! So this week is all crazy and busy. I’m at school till 5 and then home to study for that dang AP history test (which is what I should be doing right now). Stupid AP testing just had to be the same week of try-outs, huh?
Anyway, I’m glad for the free time, but I still miss and this was an awesome season so I’m sad to see it go. But I’d rather be sad that it’s already over than thankful that it’s finally over.
All right, now to the books…
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

CaptainKiki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptainKiki » Mon May 03, 2004 6:17 pm

AH! I am SO withdrawl-ing. I mean, it's a lot less stress, but I feel fat, lazy, and crumby without that stress.

I haven't done ANYTHING. AT ALL, since So Cal Champs. I actually had a dream about our show and Championships and it was a big fat disaster because I couldn't perform and... ...Whatever. It was just a dream. That happened to me last year after Field Season.

I just spun a flag for the first time this morning. Crap. I couldn't do drop spins or a single toss for the LIFE OF ME. It was depressing.

My fellow captains and I were writing the audition routine, and it was a complete disaster because I couldn't keep the flag in my hands. It's SIMPLE FLAG. GAH. Yeah, our auditions are in two weeks, and I'm SO EXCITED! Our Orientation Meeting is tonight. :o
Woodbridge High School
2003 - "It Spins Us Around": (BE THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER! Not the Air Conditioner)
2004 - "Pacific 231": (GAME ON!)
2005 - "Master of Suspense": (In the RIDER)
Color Guard Co-Captain 2003-2005
Class of 2006 :)

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Mon May 03, 2004 6:29 pm

I think that Winter Guard should be all-year like some of the independent Cheerleading groups out there.

I would like it if a couple of weeks from now, winter guard auditions... then off to working on a new show. No time for withdrawals. LOL!

::SIGH::
One mo again.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon May 03, 2004 6:37 pm

I'm liking the free time kind of. Now the boy has no time which is odd, because before it was me who had no time. :P Our freshman recruits are starting soon. I kind of enjoy it until one of my friends gets tired and sends her four freshman to my four freshman and it's like eight little babies on flag going "What...?" I miss our instructors!! We haven't seen them for awhile and I'm going through withdrawals of making fun of them.. which probably isn't a good thing to do now that I think about it...

As for staying in shape.. I started running so that I won't black out during band camp because of my athsma and I still have my dance class every week for the exercise-o.

As for missing my guard? Yeah right! They're so annoying! :P Just playin', We still see eachother every day. It's kinda like... I donno. Field needs to start!! :D
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Mon May 03, 2004 6:49 pm

I agree with d*. Our uniforms were something that we will not be missing. Yay! No more boob poping! Whoops, there it goes! :oops: I do miss the people too though. Not at practice but during non-color guard time. Everyone is so cool. *sigh* I love you guys.

Another thing I was looking forward to was getting my nails done! Yay! Can't have those during the season. *ouch* :shock: I just like to enjoy them for at least a month and then they have to come off for the summer. Darn it!

:hug: Tawny :hug:

BTW, LibertyPress, me and d* are on Black Knights. And yea it would be great to move on to World! :D Scary though! Ah!

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

withdrawl

Post by LHScg » Mon May 03, 2004 8:02 pm

yes i get to sleep...yes now im not a nervous wreck...yes my homework is getting done kinda....i miss it sooo much i miss the people the instructors i would kill to be asked "ask urself did i perform that full out?" luv you forever orion and miss ya greatly

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Mon May 03, 2004 8:16 pm

I MISS YOU TOOO LORI!!!
One mo again.