parade or winterguard

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

3dgirl

parade or winterguard

Post by 3dgirl » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:36 pm

hey i was just wondering what do u ppl prefer parade season or wintterguard :?: :?: :?: and what guard are u from :?:

ColorGuardFreak123

?

Post by ColorGuardFreak123 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:41 pm

Both but winter guard is alot of fun ill like bonding with other guards and im from NPMS
Last edited by ColorGuardFreak123 on Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trumpet195

parade or winterguard?

Post by trumpet195 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:42 pm

i think winterguard all the way cuz u get to see colorguards that sometimes dont even do parade and r ~*AWESOME~* in winterguard....o ya and im from north park MS

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:03 pm

Is parade season your field season? Sorry, I've only done one parade and that was last year at the Fiesta Bowl.

I like Field Season because I love all my bandos, we're in good shape, the work is more challenging and it's less repetitive.

I'm from Trabuco Hills.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:46 am

Right now, I say winterguard. Cause I get a lot closer with my guard friends, and the tempo stays the same and when you go to competitions, people actually care about guard, they announce the guard score and you are not referred to as "auxiliary" there is no wind in gyms, no wet grass, and you get to really connect with the audience. I mean they are RIGHT THERE.

In about 6 months or so I will say field season. That’s cause all day competitions are so much fun. I love them! I get to hang out with my band friends a lot and I don’t see them as much during winter. plus I absolutely love field shows, they are so much longer than winter, and the drill is more intricate and pass-throughs are the greatest, poor freshmen bandos...and suddenly a flying piece of metal and silk and there must girl in there somewhere come tearing through, barely hitting them on the head (according to them). Haha, the first time they experience one, wow, that’s gotta be funny!

Parades are ok, but I like field shows better.

I’m from El Dorado.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:10 am

When I was in High School I enjoyed winter better than field. There was not much connection between the band and the color guard when I was in it. I only do winter now and I like it better. It's too hot to do a drum corps. So yea, winter all the way. There are more competitions during winter and I like the regionals too. Getting to compete against so many other guards from different places is cool.

I'm from Black Knights.

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

well....

Post by LHScg » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:30 pm

i would have to say it depends if you mean field season i would say there equal. field season is super low stress level with mega easy work and jsut fun! but winterguard has coool kick butt work and one tends to improve a lot more during winterguard seasn but its way more stressful. personally i like watching other winterguard show more than other field shows.but yeha if you mena jsut parade winterguard wins parade ar eboing and you have to wake up early yuck!

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:05 pm

Granada High, not to be confused with Granada Hills.

I love winter season but we do better during parade, lol. I despise rain and wind so being indoors is ideal for me :wink:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

crAzy4guard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crAzy4guard » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:39 pm

DRUM CORPS!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:49 pm

oh yeah, most definitely winterguard. it's just more fun all together. the costumes are always more flattering than parade uniforms, and the music is always better, and performing in a gym is so much easier...i could go on and on. but yeah its true, we do do better in parade, even though we dont like it as much...weird. im from granada high :lol:

MechAnt
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MechAnt » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:32 pm

Well, I do know what Parade season is, We do parade as a part of our marching season. I like all aparts of Guard/Band/Guard. During Marching Band we preform as apart of the Auxililary with the Majorettes, and being around them makes you happy. Being in Marching I can be with my Follow Band Nerds, as well as Guard Geeks, and the Majorettes. I aslo Love Winter Guard because you do harder work, and that is the reason i love Drum Corps.

*~*<>^RifleArt^<>*~*
CVHS Rules!!!

MechAnt
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MechAnt » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:37 pm

Well, I do know what Parade season is, We do parade as a part of our marching season. I like all aparts of Guard/Band/Guard. During Marching Band we preform as apart of the Auxililary with the Majorettes, and being around them makes you happy. Being in Marching I can be with my Follow Band Nerds, as well as Guard Geeks, and the Majorettes. I aslo Love Winter Guard because you do harder work, and that is the reason i love Drum Corps.

*~*<>^RifleArt^<>*~*
CVHS Rules!!!