Trabuco Hills Guard

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

SoCalGuy

Trabuco Hills Guard

Post by SoCalGuy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:23 pm

Hey! What did everyone think of Trabuco's guard show this year? Which was, by the way, the only show in their class who DIDN'T Drop! Taps to them! (Sorry, but I'm biased, I go to Trabuco! Hehe)

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:31 am

:bow: Trabuco was awesome! Cute show. Congrats on a great season!

Tawny

everybodycrys
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by everybodycrys » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:59 am

The performers themselves did wonderful, props to them. (btw Littlerock also had a dropless show) The girls at TH really know their stuff. The design was a bit abstract to me. if thats the mind of a child. That child needed therapy. just my thoughts

-Ryan

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:17 pm

thanks for the praise socalguy but we are all happy with our show and the scores fell where they fell. if you look at the break down of the scores you can see we kinda got killed in movement which is our weak point. the fact that we had a no drop show made us so happy that it really didnt matter where we placed and all our instructors were proud of how far we came in the season. :D
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:38 pm

i totally loved your show. it looked like so much fun. i love the colors!! great job TH!!

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:38 pm

everybodycrys wrote:The performers themselves did wonderful, props to them. (btw Littlerock also had a dropless show) The girls at TH really know their stuff. The design was a bit abstract to me. if thats the mind of a child. That child needed therapy. just my thoughts

-Ryan
When I was a kid I had a crazy imagination and I didn't need therapy(although I'm sure to some that is still up for debate!!!!). A childs mind is abstract. As the instructor, I think it represents the things children dream of that as an adult would be absurd. Who would actually want a 10 foot tall candy cane? Not a sane adult but a kid would think it was AWESOME!!!!

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:15 pm

laurab wrote:
everybodycrys wrote:The performers themselves did wonderful, props to them. (btw Littlerock also had a dropless show) The girls at TH really know their stuff. The design was a bit abstract to me. if thats the mind of a child. That child needed therapy. just my thoughts

-Ryan
When I was a kid I had a crazy imagination and I didn't need therapy(although I'm sure to some that is still up for debate!!!!). A childs mind is abstract. As the instructor, I think it represents the things children dream of that as an adult would be absurd. Who would actually want a 10 foot tall candy cane? Not a sane adult but a kid would think it was AWESOME!!!!
I think that laurab is right. When your a kid you have dreams of lolly pop lands and things that occur in Willy Wonka's factory. You also have to remember that kids are the ones who wake up in the middle of the night screaming of a nightmare. I think that both of those kinds of dreams are incorperated. Thats what a kid thinks about. Thats just my two cents.
Isnt it bliss
Dont you approve
One who keeps tearing around
One who cant move

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:14 pm

Thanks socalguy! Although I'm sure there were other shows who didn't drop. But whatever the drops were or whatnot, we still had a lot of fun doing it and I'm really glad you liked our show!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:46 pm

Here's my little take on our show. Since I'm the loudmouth wierd one on guard, I think I can sum this up okay.

Okay so when you're a little kid, you're a spaz. Full on, spaz. You're also obsessed with candy. That would be the green balls (gumballs) and the candy canes (self explanatory) If you followed any of our performers, they'd stop and pretend lick the candy canes. The whole show is about being happy and hyper and stuff and the switch to hardcore drums was like the big rush of excitement of a little kid. We used to joke around and call the show "The acid trip" We were supposed to have a good time and have a personality and make the audience go "Hee-hee!" Kinda like childhood + willy wonka + candyland the boardgame. It was just kind of like this big chance our instructors were taking on us. Last year our show wasn't that difficult because we weren't ready for a difficult show. This year Don, Laura and Rachel, wanted us to get to where we could be. Which was a point to make Laura cry. Twice. Haha!!! You girl!!!!!!!! :P

Laura = laurab
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Sat May 01, 2004 8:13 pm

awesome guard, great show, loved it everytime i watched it!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:35 pm

i wish i could have seen your show more times. i only saw it once. it was one of those shows where the performers look like they are having so much fun, that you have more fun

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Sun May 02, 2004 6:22 pm

i love the show too..........

the yellow things rocked...

but i liked the people in the gaurd better than the acctual show itself. :wink:
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun May 02, 2004 7:18 pm

The show itself kinda was like me. I ran around dancing like a dork and sticking my tongue out at everyone... pretty much just a day to day thing. Except with wierd-er clothing :D
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.