James Logan

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

do you think there needs to be another division created?

yes
27%
no
73%

Total votes: 41

catlove
New Recruit
New Recruit

James Logan

Post by catlove » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:57 pm

let me know what you think about this idea!!!!

i think there needs to be another division. maybe universe or something else. dont get me wrong i loved logans show but they always win. does anyone else think there should be a new division created?

noncolorguard guy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Logan

Post by noncolorguard guy » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:27 pm

Let me guess. Will it be a division of one school? Obviously, whoever else is in that new division will almost guaranteed a loss as well.

On the other hand, I think if Avon improves incrementally, I think they might have a fighting chance a couple years down the road.

I'm curious to see how the Woodlands will do next year in the World. I was really impressed with their show in the Scholastic Open.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

no other class

Post by RifleLova » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:47 pm

yeh i'm siding noncolorguard guy on this one. avon can just improve some and beat Logan, it's not that big of a deal really. we can't have a class with just logan now can we? and for scholastic open, woodlands and stoneman douglass were awesome!! i was really impressed by stoneman though
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

noncolorguard guy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re:

Post by noncolorguard guy » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:03 pm

I can see it now.

WGI announces new scholastic class.

There will now be four classes: The A Class, The Open Class, the World Class, and the Logan Class also known as "They always win. We should let other schools get a chance to win" Class. The new class will consist of schools that continue to dominate the World Class for at least six consecutive years. This will prevent Bishop Kearney from entering the class since they merely won the title five years in a row. James Logan High School will be promoted to this class. This promotion should be taken with great honor and pride as this is a reflection of their continued hard work and success.

On a more serious note, I would extend RifleLova's comments and say that Woodlands, Stoneman Douglass, and the rest of the top five schools in Scholastic Open were more fun to watch than other groups. I hope they all get promoted and do well in the World Class. Who knows? They might exceed all expectations and get promoted to the Logan class.

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:32 am

I think there should be another division why? Because for groups who are ready for Scholastic A, but can't take on the challenge their should be a division between Intermediate A and Scholastic A what do you think? :wink:
If you drop oh well pick it up and keep on going! DUH

Practice so you won't SUCK (please do it for me)

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:51 am

there shouldnt be a new class no mader what logan is going to beat everyone they should just be considered like an independent world guard or something give them compition for once. I would love to see them compeat against like fantasia.

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:16 am

I totally agree with gh3ttogirly. Although I doubt this would ever happen but I think it would be intersting to see Logan compete in the Indepdent World division. I know they are with a school but at Championships I noticed that the scores between them and the top Indepdent World guards were relativly close. I think it would kinda cool to see how they would do competing against Fantasia and Northern Lights.
No great was ever achieved without enthusiasm

'do drill, not drugs'

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:17 am

oops sorry about that...it posted it twice 8-)
Last edited by broken_panda on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
No great was ever achieved without enthusiasm

'do drill, not drugs'

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

maybe ur onto somehting

Post by LHScg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:08 pm

maybe the universe class could be any of the really great stiff competitions like from both scolastic and independent. it could be like a duel whoever wants to go in this class will go against the impossibles logan fantasia nl raiders and so many more who jsut kick major but becuase to me it does seem like logan would get broed with no competiton not oto sya the other guards in their class arent good but it would be exciting for them to put up a fight unstead of jsut kicking the crap out of everyone which i love logan jsust think it would be a neat idea

noncolorguard guy
New Recruit
New Recruit

How about a Sweepstakes Award?

Post by noncolorguard guy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:45 pm

Just like those marching band competitions, there's a sweepstakes award. This award can be given to the overall best scholastic or independent guard for all classes.

Anyway, here's a list of schools of which I think can beat Logan in two to four years.

Avon, Miamisburg, and Beyer: These schools are almost always in the top five for the past couple of years. It's just a couple of incremental improvements away and a stumble from Logan to take first place.

Clovis West and Center Grove: I don't know if they can sustain it, but they definitely improved from last year.

Rancho Bernardo and Flanagan: These are two scholastic world schools are still improving every year and have not peaked yet. I think they will rise up in rankings next year.

Tarpon Springs: They won the South Power Regional and they did not participate in the World Championships. I think they are a top ten finalist.

The Woodlands and Stoneman Douglas: In my opinion, these top two Open Finalists could have been finalists in the World Class. They have not reached their potential yet. The best is still to come.

Just for disclosure, I am a big Logan fan.

RifleBoi85

Post by RifleBoi85 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:22 pm

Hmmmm...like everyone else has said, Logan will probably win no matter what. But who cares? They are the s***. No one can deny that. These kids are freaking amazing. I would kill to be that good at a high school level. These kids probably don't have lives because they are practicing all the time. They work their a**es off to be that good. Why do people get upset when they win? At finals last weekend, their performance gave me the chills. I can't say that about any other sw guard. I got the chills during Aimachi too (soooo good!!!!). Anywho, the moral of the story is Logan works hard to win and shouldn't be criticized for it :D .
Typical color guard phrases:
1) Is my finger supposed to bend like that?
2) Stupid sabres never landing in my hands!!
3) Where'd that bruise come from?
5) POINT YOUR TOES!!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:44 pm

well said rifle boi! im kinda mixed up on this. i think that they work so hard that they deserve to win (besides, they are good!!!) but maybe if they were able to compete against people like Northern Lights, and Fantasia, that would be better because other people could win, and they could have better competition. so i really dont know!

CHS guard 182

Post by CHS guard 182 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:12 pm

Someone said that Logan works their a** off and practices all the time but so does my school we have practice everyday till 1:30 (guard class) till 6:00 we have 2 days off in the whole week plus the weekend. Im not saing that Logan doesnt work hard I'm sure they do but they shouldnt be recognized for something most colorguards do. I know there awsome but most of them have been spinning since elementary school and there school is a performing arts school.

DONT TAKE ANYTHING I SAID PERSONAL LOGANS AWSOME!!!

CaptainKiki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptainKiki » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:39 pm

we have practice everyday till 1:30 (guard class) till 6:00 we have 2 days off in the whole week plus the weekend
I don't want this to come off with cruel intentions...

However, my coaches always say "It's not how often a Guard rehearses, it's who makes the most of their rehearsals." I mean, we practice all the time too. But it doesn't mean that we're taking full advantage of the time that we have by doing everything full-out ALL THE TIME, with no breaks during practice...
Woodbridge High School
2003 - "It Spins Us Around": (BE THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER! Not the Air Conditioner)
2004 - "Pacific 231": (GAME ON!)
2005 - "Master of Suspense": (In the RIDER)
Color Guard Co-Captain 2003-2005
Class of 2006 :)

noncolorguard guy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by noncolorguard guy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:52 pm

GuardGirl wrote:Someone said that Logan works their a** off and practices all the time but so does my school we have practice everyday till 1:30 (guard class) till 6:00 we have 2 days off in the whole week plus the weekend. Im not saing that Logan doesnt work hard I'm sure they do but they shouldnt be recognized for something most colorguards do. I know there awsome but most of them have been spinning since elementary school and there school is a performing arts school.

DONT TAKE ANYTHING I SAID PERSONAL LOGANS AWSOME!!!
What is a "performing arts school?" I also overheard someone else say that Logan is a "performing arts school" in San Diego. I do know that Logan is a public school that is historically great in performing arts. However, I don't know what people mean when they say that Logan is a "performing arts school." Anyone who lives in the New Haven Unified School District in Union City, California can get into Logan High School. As a side note, the school board is considering accepting people outside of their school district in order to balance their budget.