Does anyone have a colorguard final this year?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Does anyone have a colorguard final this year?

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:20 am

The colorguards final at bellflower are for them to make up a 2-3 min. show. You can pick any song and you have tro use rifle, flag and dance. We also have to know basics. Lot of the group has to toss 3,4,5,6 and even 7. well good luck to all of you on your finals

What's a good song to use for my final a little help here people
please
If you drop oh well pick it up and keep on going! DUH

Practice so you won't SUCK (please do it for me)

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:02 pm

use a song you like to listen and/or sing along to. it would be alot easier for you to get into it if you choose a song you like.

does this final thing occur for all scholastic gurads? i've never heard of anything like this before...details please :D :lol:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iminguard » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:52 pm

Yeah my school does that too we have to get into groups and come up with a show. Then my teacher picks like two of them to perfrom at the end of the year concert. Last year my group did Bring me to life by Evanescence. This year i think well do My Immortal.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:26 pm

Granada has a guard Midterm and Final. For the midterm we do a full winterguard routine in groups from 2-5. For finals its a group of either 1 or 2 people.

I like to pick songs that are upbeat and fun, makes it easier to get into.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:19 pm

ohs25147 wrote:thats our final over here too
heh, even i know and i'm not in guard ,lol. i love guard though! ya thats the finnal you can have groups of like 3 or 4 i believe 8-)
Nothing is impossible with God!

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Details

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:42 pm

Some of you guys are luck because we have to do it all alone and you guys can work in groups. :( thats scary :drop: The I was thinking of doing was JLo "Glad" :lol: what you guys think? :hum:

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:35 pm

last year we made up little shows but that was just so we could ahve somehting to do for 2 hours! umm this year we are writting a 2-3 page paper on the beginnings and growth of colorguard in the world
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:39 pm

Every year our dance team has a show for their parents and it happens around the end of May, after our season is over. They invite us to perform and we do 2 routines. One flag and one rifle. Then on the day of finals the entire first period band comes out to the blacktop and we perform for them. It’s a lot of fun, cause the routines our entirely our thing, our instructor doesn't choreograph it all. Plus an entire routine of rifle, what more could you ask for? lol. Anyway, that's what we do.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 pm

yeah, its cool being able to work with fellow team mates on finals and what not for moral support, but writing routines on your own can be easier too because you can do you own thing! Thats cool that other guards have finals too, I always thought it was our schools unique thing, but little did i know! have fun guys! :lol:

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

finals...

Post by GuarDiva04 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:40 am

I used to do final routines in middle school and we just started doing them again at my High School. Last year, the instructors picked our groups (u know mixin up the creativity) and they put themes in a hat and we got to choose. My them was Opera. It was very hard to work with but I think in the long run it helped me to be more open to new styles and working with new people. When you're doing a final... try to do a different style of music, a different theme . It will show your instructors that you can do something different and it will be a challenge for yourself. Good songs from the Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack. OR Josh Groban.... hes great!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:55 pm

captain-lo wrote:yeah, its cool being able to work with fellow team mates on finals and what not for moral support, but writing routines on your own can be easier too because you can do you own thing! Thats cool that other guards have finals too, I always thought it was our schools unique thing, but little did i know! have fun guys! :lol:
Last year we did it in groups but my group knew I was the one who liked to dance so they made up rifle work and I just ran around making up all these random hip hop/pop n lock type moves. It was really fun!!!!

This year we have a paper.

For songs to do a final to (songs I wanna do a WG routine to):
Christina Augilera - Infatuation
Jonny Lang - Rack Em Up
Santana - Maria Maria
Usher - You Make me Wanna
Aaliyah - Are you feelin' me?
Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mamma Jamma
Mya - Do You Only Wanna Dance? (Dirty Dancing)

Haha yeah as you can tell I get bored.. these are songs I listen to alot and whenever I hear them I start to make up stuff in my head. Let us know how they go!!!
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Finals

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:02 am

Commercial!!!! :lol: said we can't work in groups we have to do it alone. I tried to telling him that other schools do it why can't we? oh well we are doing it all by our selfs