Rancho Bernardo W DQ at Las Vegas Regional?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

xilovemydivasisterx

Rancho Bernardo W DQ at Las Vegas Regional?

Post by xilovemydivasisterx » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:36 am

Ok...I heard a rumor. I don't really like to go off Rumors? Who does? Well, I heard Racho Bernardo W guard was DQ at the Las Vegas Regional. Can any one help me with the facts? Thanks a bunch.

Melinda

Post by Melinda » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:30 pm

I didn't actually see this but I was there.
Appearantly they use flashlights, and it is illegal to use any artifical power, and I guess they were battery operated. And i believe if they hadnt turned them on they would have been fine.

Hope this helps

Melinda
Black Knights
02 "trust"
03 "the glass house"
04 "annihilation"

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:39 pm

Is Rancho Bernardo the plane show? i like them, but i didnt see them at finals on sunday...

In Woodbridge's show we were going to have battery opperated lights too, but then we found out you couldnt
so we had to me our signally things like they were in the olden days.. or something like that..
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:57 pm

i loved Rancho Bernardo's show! it was so great! And i loved the theme and the performers were great. Unfortuantely, i heard that they got disqualified, which is terrible because they were so great. I also heard that it was from the batteries in the flashlights. I am so sorry Rancho Bernardo!

dancingrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dancingrl » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:54 pm

I feel bad for Rancho, I haven't seen their show but I've heard some good things about it. But I believe it says that in the rule book along with no explosives, its random but its for safety...not the guards fault at all. I would hate to get my team DQ just because I didn't read that whole 1000 page book of rules, but its there. Good luck to you guys and everybody else in upcoming shows!!!! :D
Favorite phrases...
"Is the guard ready?"
"You may now take the floor in competition!"

OHH I LOVE ME SOME DRUMMERS!!!

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

rb

Post by iminguard » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:07 pm

so the rule is that u cant use battery operated flashlights? how is that harming anyone? didnt they use them at the so cal regional? did anything happen then?just wondering if anyone can answer my questions!
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

ED
Rookie
Rookie

The Rule

Post by ED » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:04 pm

dancingrl wrote:I feel bad for Rancho, I haven't seen their show but I've heard some good things about it. But I believe it says that in the rule book along with no explosives, its random but its for safety...not the guards fault at all. I would hate to get my team DQ just because I didn't read that whole 1000 page book of rules, but its there. Good luck to you guys and everybody else in upcoming shows!!!! :D
The rule in its entirety reads, "No pyrotechnics, discharge of arms, pressurized canisters, dangerous materials, flammable liquids or animals will be permitted on or around the competition area. Smoke machines will not be allowed. Electrical (plug in or battery operated) or compressed air apparatuses, including lights, lasers, and flashcubes (electrical or chemical) will not be allowed." The penalty is listed as "disqualification". While I'm sure everyone would agree that there is little harm in using flashlights, the intent of the rule was to maintain the safety of the performer and audience. Regardless, a rule is a rule and if it's broken, you must face the consequences. One more note of clarification...the book of rules is mostly a manual of how guards are judged. The rules section is only a little over 7 pages long...worth the read if you don't want a penalty. (Note: Please do not interpret this message to be anti-RB...I'm just giving clarification on the rule and the perception that the rules are difficult to keep track).

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:41 pm

so does anyone know what they're going to do for WGI? I'm guessing circuit shows don't matter, but will they be DQ'd again in San Digo because of it, or are they going to change it somehow :?:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

rancho bernardo

Post by mvshortstuff » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:37 pm

when i was at the fresno power regional i think, or maybe it was rcc, well anyway at one of them i saw them and i don't think they used the flashlights then, or at least i dont remember. i am pretty sure vegas was there first time. Their show is really awesome though and its sad to see that they got DQ. Good luck rancho bernardo, your show is great.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:18 pm

luckiecg wrote:so does anyone know what they're going to do for WGI? I'm guessing circuit shows don't matter, but will they be DQ'd again in San Digo because of it, or are they going to change it somehow :?:
they will probably just take the batteries out and use the empty flashlights...they are the things that are used for directing traffic, so losing the light would not really ruin the effect.

RifleHomie

i go to RB

Post by RifleHomie » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:03 pm

hey wut up everyone? i go to Rb high...used to be in their guard...but yeh they're just goin to take their flashlights off....note: it was really stupid how two flashlights make a WHOLE lot of difference... but wut can you do? anywho... AIRPLANE is da bomb hahaha :D they had such a great show in vegas... it was da best show they ever had. anywho... RB's A Guard did a great job too!
well if u wanna know more about RB
just hit me up

shabanguh----- RifleHomie
sup everyone? da names Rich "shabanguh" Clarin. i've been in guard for 4 years now. RifleHomie was born in Mt. Carmel's Guard and is currently growin up in Rancho Bernardo's Guard...and the story continues.

altogirl06#2

Post by altogirl06#2 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:42 am

ya, their show is the best!!!!!!!!! on saturday last week they had the flashlights but they weren't on, i don't think it should be a big deal, it's only for effect. i thought it was good w/o them!!! go rb!!! scott rox! ppl from o'side guard can't get enough of him!! *cough melinda* :D
grrrrr...................i had to start a new name cause my old one was killed....... : (

www.xanga.com/jesscastro