Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

formermarcher2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Server Crash

Post by formermarcher2 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:27 pm

Okay guys...server died for a bit.
If you'll notice, off-topic has taken a severe hit to its posting, and some people's accounts have been erased, including several moderator spots. Marching bands has been pretty much untouched. I'm not sure how colorguard was effected.

If your account has been erased, I recommend you just have some patience. I'm sure Dave will have this all sorted out as quickly as he can.

There also seems to be bugs left in the system, as is shown by this temporary account of mine. New posters seem to be suddenly responsible for posts that are older than thier accounts.

Please save everyone the trouble of dealing with PM's...the mods that still exist can't really do much, and the admin's are doing all they can right now and I'm sure they'd be grateful if you didn't send a PM telling them that the server is down, posts are missing, etc.

Thanks guys!
Replacing the old formermarcher...who was lost in the WoP failure...

formermarcher2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by formermarcher2 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:05 pm

Don't like doing this...but...

Bump post.

formermarcher2
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by formermarcher2 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:32 pm

After conferring briefly with Dave, this is what is going to be tried:

The hosting server is going to try to restore the website from a backup that was taken BEFORE the server crash. This would mean that the broken accounts will be fixed, and everything would pretty much return to normal.

It's looking good!

shortysmalls6

Post by shortysmalls6 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:39 pm

Hmm.... Sounds like a plan to me. I miss being flagchild...
Want my flagchild-ness back!

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

If your account in missing....

Post by Bandmaster » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:03 am

The server crash last weekend has corrupted the user database. :( AND the web hosting comapny just told me that they screwed up and deleted their back-up of the data before there could restore it for me. :shock: So... I have a copy of the users database from a several months ago. If your account is missing and you have been a member since last September you send me your username and I can restore your account. Also send me your total number of postings so I can reset that data for you too. If you have registered since last September and your accoint is missing you will have to re-register using your old username. Just send me your toal posting you should have so I can set your ranking. I am so sorry for this inconvenience.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster