Orion Independent, Blue Devils, SJ Raiders Open

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Orion Independent, Blue Devils, SJ Raiders Open

Post by LibertyPress » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm

The competition in the Independent Open class @ CCGC this year is a good one.

The shows are way different from each other which makes the competitions even more interesting. From the Blue Devil's "tribal" First Circle, to Raiders Open's "Catch Me If You Can", to Orion's martial arts inspired "Kill Bill" show. Each programs showcases the strong points of each of the performers in each group.

As a member of Orion Independent, I personally love the competition this year. And it makes it even more personal cause I know most of the people in both guards.

SO with that... GOOD LUCK TO:

George, Yifan and the rest of the Blue Devils Open.

Lalonie, Lisa Riley, Ethan, Beckie and the rest of the Raiders Open.

Tyler, Danielle, Courtney and the rest of my fellow Orion members.
One mo again.

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:57 pm

I wish you the BEST LUCK in all the world from the one third of the Pride Box that marches Raiders!!! :wav:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:31 pm

THANKS BECKIE-LICIOUS!

Miss marching with you.
One mo again.

BakaNeko
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BakaNeko » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:35 pm

Good luck you guys! :mrgreen:
:wav: I smile because I have no idea what's going on.

(flee! O.o)

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

yay!

Post by LHScg » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:44 pm

good luck everyone! independent open rules! luv you other 2/3 of pride box.

SabreKnight
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SabreKnight » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:54 pm

i would personally like bd to win, but with so many good guards out there, especially on the east coast who knows what will happen. i like orion's show, but everything is too steady, i dont think there is enough change emotionally. its always push push push. i havent had the chance to see raiders open yet.
Its all about performace

SabreKnight
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SabreKnight » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:55 pm

and you cant count black knights out yet. although i dont like them all that much, i still have to give them props, they are good.
Its all about performace

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:47 am

Opinions are one thing, but I'd like to keep this post free of predictions on who would win, who you like and such.

Now, now. I didn't post this to want to know who you thought would win. There's already enough competition with all the groups. There are other posts in this forum for that. I would be happy to show them to you if you'd like. I posted this to hopefully get the groups to see that there aren't any (not from me anyways) bitterness out there.

If you'd like to predict who would win and such, please do so in another post, because I'd like people who post on this topic to leave positive messages.

There's enough negativity out there. A little change would be good from all those posts on who should win, why they should win, and things like that.

Thanks.
One mo again.

stephy1

Post by stephy1 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:41 am

Being a member of the IO class I think we should all support each other and not write all of these things about who should win!!! I think if you base your colorguard experience on winning it is going to get you no where. I think all of the IO guards this year are working their tails off so I think we should just give then credit for that.

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cgmime32 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:16 pm

Well, I definately like to hear the talk among everyone and learning about new views and opinions in each class. I agree with the fact that everyone, no matter what division, is working their rears off this year. Each class will be close this year; in my opinion, both IW and IO. That's what I love about the sport. No matter how the season is going, you never know who will take it because it all comes down to what a team does on the floor. Nothing else matters. The floor is where it's won or loss and I wish everyone nothing but good luck and energy for finals. WGI will be intensly close this year and it only makes me (and I hope all of you too) work that much harder to put out the best show that I or any of us can.

deanna :wav: *x27!
BK- mimes '02 :hug:
Glasshouse '03 :cool2:
Annilation '04 :jedi:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

appleaday04
New Recruit
New Recruit

not like black knights??

Post by appleaday04 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:17 pm

Hey sabre knight how come you dont like black knights that much? What is it about them you dont like??

Good Luck this weekend

yay :lol:

yellow
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by yellow » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:46 pm

I just want to say how much fun this year has been getting to know so many people in the IO class. I think it's great that while we do compete against each other, we all support each other. Here's to a great regional, and an even better WGI!!!