Schurr High School

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

colorguardfan4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Schurr High School

Post by colorguardfan4life » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:29 pm

Has anyone seen Schurr hs's show? They're doing that one song by Christina Aguilera and all the girls at the show were crying during their performance! I love what they are wearing, and how beautiful they all look...it's amazing. When I saw schurr at Los altos, I cried at the end of their show because it was so powerful. I'm looking forward to watching them at the RCC finals...they're goin to do so good!

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

schurr

Post by iminguard » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:28 pm

Thier show is ok, ive seen more magnificent. But they were very clean for this early in the season.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:07 pm

they were great!! it is not only that they were clean, but the show was so great. i didnt shed any tears, but i thought that i might. it was so moving!!

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:16 pm

it was depressing... and fo some reason i felt HORRIBLE when in the song they put the siren on and they had that red flag... it was right when the red flag came out, wow.. it was sad
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

Gottaluvguard15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Gottaluvguard15 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:58 pm

Lol without my glasses I couldn't see much, so I didn't even realize that they were crying....
"Sing like no ones listening, Dance like no ones watchin, and live every day like its your last!!"
-Twilight

lilprincessss

Post by lilprincessss » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:34 am

I am actually quite moved my this show. To say it is depressing it quite insulting. What I get from the show is that it is about divorce. Their show title is something like "The life around us" So when i listened to the words.... It made sence to me. The girls are trying to show the guard world what they have gone trough in their own homes, and i think thats why they cry... because to perform with that music is an emotional thing. I enjoyed them greatly. Good luck girls!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:11 pm

i totally agree with you. it was really movin when they pulled out the red flags. the whole time i was just, like, wow. they managed to portray such intense feelings with only a flag. that is what it is like to be a good guard!!

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:43 pm

um, yah, i didnt mean for it to be "insulting" that is not what i ment by depressing. I like their show i wasnt insulting it.
What i ment by depressing i mean it made me sad, and was a very emotional to me.
yah and that's what i'm saying that when the red flag came out, it was so moving, and that it was like a death
I thought the show was more about a child watching her mother get beat by her father. And then when they sirens sounded, i felt like it was over, that the fighting and beating went to far and ended the mothers life. Thats what the lyrics are basically about.
And that's emotionally upsetting to me
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

ProjectLMan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Schurr H.S.

Post by ProjectLMan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:02 pm

When I watch the young ladies of Schurr H.S. perform, they really draw me in. It's such an emotional show and these ladies really know how to reflect that. You can't help but feel part of the show yourself, they are so good. This unit is doing very well and I only wish them the best this season. Way to go Schurr H.S.!!

DiabloGirlie

Shurr show?

Post by DiabloGirlie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:48 pm

I thought the Shurr show was really great too...except I'm confused. Was the whole crying thing just part of the emotion for the show or did something happened before they performed???? I didn't understand it... :?:

guarddude
Veteran
Veteran

Post by guarddude » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:30 pm

I think it's great that there a shows out there that show other emotions. Smiley and happy is repetitive. Angry and mad is interesting. We socalis haven't had a good cry show in a long time.

DiabloGirlie

I totally agree

Post by DiabloGirlie » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:14 pm

I totally agree with you, but I was just really confused because the girls were crying BEFORE the show and after it and everything and I was just a little confused. Now that I know that the emotion of the show was intended to be emotional I think they definitely did a great job portraying that emotion.